Code of Conduct

Default Scents that smell (remarkably) similar to me......

Ok, im cursed it seems. Im literally "running" into scents that smell similar and this would one day (soon) get me banned from this wonderful site. so, here goes nothing....

CDG Zagorsk and Lubin Le Vetiver:

Of course, Lubin is "much" more refined and pleasant than the former. After the first 5-7 minutes of application, they smell remarkably similar. I found Zagorsk to be too harsh and brash...Lubin on the other side is way to refined and "clear" in its approach. For anyone who enjoys Zagorsk and would like a refiend version on same, Look no further.

Ormond Man by Ormond Jayne and Creed Silver Mountain Water:

I never thought i would come across a version of SMW..but the curse that im in, i often run into scents that smell remarakably similar. Ormond man is an incense based woody version of Creed SMW! how about that! an Incence version of SMW!! the major part of Ormond man smells like SMW with incense, only in the basenotes this "SMW" effect tones down a bit to reveal nice, brown, woody notes.

Narcisco Rodriguez for him and M. Micallef White Sea and Costume National 21:

Narcisco Rodriguez for him and M. Micallef White Sea smell remarkably similar few minutes after application(of White sea). White sea has a much softer and slightly rounded of quality than the former and could be a good alternative for someone who found NR ro be brash or not to liking. White sea stays within these accords for major part only changing a slight bit towards to base. i must say White sea wins over NR by a slight margin towards the base by providing a very comforting musk notes and amber.

Costume National 21: the tops notes are totally different to NR, only towards the heart note it bears a solid resemblance to NR which again fades towards the base. 21 is a top notch scent and a sureshot winner within this category in terms of people getting to like it immediately.

overall, NR still remains my favorite with 21 edging White Sea to the 3rd place.

Givenchy Gentleman and Giorgio for men (Vintage) by Giorgio beverly Hills:

Giorgio is a more refined version of Gentleman. where Gentleman tends to be very boozy and knock out russian leather with a dirty patchouli note; Girgio Tones it down 3 three steps and adds a nice soft floral blast of carnation with a very refined and sublte leather note in a very tightly controlled oriental accord. where Gentleman tends to be leathery in its base, this smells the same but is more on the ambery, mossy side. overall, they both smell remarkably the same.

Giorgio for men would be wonderful for daily wear and has a pleasant charm to it.
    Last edited by jenson; 14th October 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Default Re: Scents that smell (remarkably) similar to me......(shoot me)

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    CDG Zagorsk and Lubin Le Vetiver:
    Lubin Vetiver and Guerlain's Vetiver appear to be much the same. Lubin has a flintier top note at the start - but their drydowns are very similiar

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayerchris View Post
    Lubin Vetiver and Guerlain's Vetiver appear to be much the same. Lubin has a flintier top note at the start - but their drydowns are very similiar
    well, i have tested Guerlains Vetiver..so cant comment.

Narcisco Rodriguez for him and M. Micallef White Sea and Costume National 21:

Narcisco Rodriguez for him and M. Micallef White Sea smell remarkably similar few minutes after application(of White sea). White sea has a much softer and slightly rounded of quality than the former and could be a good alternative for someone who found NR ro be brash or not to liking. White sea stays within these accords for major part only changing a slight bit towards to base. i must say White sea wins over NR by a slight margin towards the base by providing a very comforting musk notes and amber.

Costume National 21: the tops notes are totally different to NR, only towards the heart note it bears a solid resemblance to NR which again fades towards the base. 21 is a top notch scent and a sureshot winner within this category in terms of people getting to like it immediately.

overall, NR still remains my favorite with 21 edging White Sea to the 3rd place.

Default Re: Scents that smell (remarkably) similar to me......

Givenchy Gentleman and Giorgio for men (Vintage) by Giorgio beverly Hills:

Giorgio is a more refined version of Gentleman. where Gentleman tends to be very boozy and knock out russian leather with a dirty patchouli note; Girgio Tones it down 3 three steps and adds a nice soft floral blast of carnation with a very refined and sublte leather note in a very tightly controlled oriental accord. where Gentleman tends to be leathery in its base, this smells the same but is more on the ambery, mossy side. overall, they both smell remarkably the same.

Giorgio for men would be wonderful for daily wear and has a pleasant charm to it.

I don't get any similarities in SWM and OJ Man.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I don't get any similarities in SWM and OJ Man.

well, i have to respectfully disagree. i have been wearing SMW for quite some time now and with the recent acquisition of an original spray sample of OM i just couldn't go wrong on this. before posting, i also did a side by side test. i request you to sample OM again with this perspective and i assure you that you wont have to press you nose against to figure out..its very obvious...
    Last edited by jenson; 15th October 2008 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    well, i have to respectfully disagree. i have been wearing SMW for quite some time now and with the recent acquisition of an original spray sample of OM i just couldn't go wrong on this. before posting, i also did a side by side test. i request you to sample OM again with this perspective and i assure you that you wont have to press you nose against to figure out..its very obvious...the sillage itself will tell you.
    The sillage will tell me? That doesn't make any sense.

The drydown of Keiko Mecheri Osmanthus smells pretty much exactly the same as L'Eau d'Hiver. I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if my nose needs a stern talking to.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    The sillage will tell me? That doesn't make any sense.

sincere apologies Sofresh. i have corrected my statement.