Code of Conduct

Default Bath and Body Massage Oil

Anyone use this stuff I just picked up a bottle of the Lavendar and it smells wonderful but I worry that it may be too heavy, sticky, etc... for a massage? Anyone have any experiences?
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 15th October 2008 at 12:12 AM.

Default Re: Bath and Body Massage Oil

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Anyone use this stuff I just picked up a bottle of the Lavendar and it smells wonderful but I worry that it may be too heavy, sticky, etc... for a massage? Anyone have any experiences?
    I assume you mean Bath & Body Works? I work there and I have used the massage oil. It works quite well as a massage oil; it helps the fingers move over the skin a bit easier. The scent is pleasant, strong, and long-lasting. I do not have any experience with other brands, so I cannot give you a comparison.

I have seen a number of women come in our store and buy a dozen bottles at a time. I wonder if they are using it as an after-bath moisturizer rather than a massage oil? I can't imagine getting (or giving) that many massages. Does anyone have any experience using it in this manner?

Lately I have been using my bottle as a shave oil -- rubbing a generous amount on my wet face rather than a shave cream. I get a pleasantly close shave and so far no nicks or burns. I would recommend giving that a try as well.

Default Re: Bath and Body Massage Oil

For a bath, baby oil will do. It will also do for a massage, though not the best massage. If you want scent, add incense or scented candles.

If you're going purely for massage, KY and other brands sell fragrenced massage oils at every drugstore.

No need to splurge on this one.
    Last edited by boyextraordinare; 7th November 2008 at 12:38 PM.