Code of Conduct

Default Boisd'Orage /French Lover 9%

I was curious about this,since I believe some guy(s) mentioned that Bois d'Orages concentration was going to be changed from the excisting 7% to 9%., a so called "stronger version"
    While I was at least sceptical about it , I kept my eye on the Frederick Malle website from time to time to look out for it.
    This week I decided to mail them, and unfortunately my sceptisism was justified.
    The answer I got from frederick malle parfums was this:

"Dear Eric,

Thank you for your interest in our Editions de Parfums.

The perfume has two different names : French Lover is called Bois d’Orage in the USA, but the dosage of the perfume never changed since its launch last year (in June 2007) and is of 7%.

Best regards
    Claire "

Another one to ad to the Basenotes fairytale section?
    Last edited by eric; 16th October 2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo's

Default Re: There is NO Boisd'Orage /French Lover 9%

I could've sworn I had read somewhere online that FM were indeed planning on upping the concentration of French Lover to 9%. Can't remember where tho.. it's been a while

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I was curious about this,since I believe some guy(s) mentioned that Bois d'Orages concentration was going to be changed from the excisting 7% to 9%., a so called "stronger version"
    While I was at least sceptical about it , I kept my eye on the Frederick Malle website from time to time to look out for it.
    This week I decided to mail them, and unfortunately my sceptisism was justified.

"Dear Eric,

The perfume has two different names : French Lover is called Bois d’Orage in the USA, but the dosage of the perfume never changed since its launch last year (in June 2007) and is of 7%.

Best regards
    Claire "

Hi Eric,
    Claire, FMA told me the same on the phone a couple of days ago:wave:

musclegod007's directory review:

"Update- Spoke to Frederic Malle last week about this scent, and the disappointment with the sillage, and dry down........I LOVE IT WHEN I"M RIGHT!!! he did say that he adjusted the concentration to it's original strengh 9%. to make it stronger, he also adjusted the formula.....right from the horse's mouth! "
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

So, has anyone actually seen this supposed 9% concentration anywhere? Or, is it an urban myth? I mean, if Frederic said he was going to do it I would tend to believe him over a sales person.
    Last edited by paintrman; 15th October 2008 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    So, has anyone actually seen this supposed 9% concentration anywhere?
    Oh yes, I saw it right here in Frankfurt/Main Germany at my local perfume-store called "Parfümerie Albrecht". They have 50ml bottles with 7% (older charge) and 100ml bottles with 9% concentration.
    Actually, I have an older 50ml bottle with 7% and I´m quite happy with it´s strength, so there is no need to buy another 100ml - but who knows, maybe I´ll hit the jackpot.....

Smile Re: There is NO Boisd'Orage /French Lover 9%

Well, I bought mine 100 ml FRENCH LOVER at Malle's Avenue Victor Hugo boutique and it says 7% .
    Then i have requested Claire and Typhaine ( both SA - i suppose they are well informed ) and i have been told that 7% is the concentration.
    Few days ago same was reconfirned by phone...

Not a lot of batches with the new 9% concentration has hit the market yet it seems.

Sables...thanks! I had heard that bottles had been spotted. That is good news and I will keep looking.

"Dear Eric,

Best regards
    Claire "

You have received wrong information. I just bought a bottle of eau de goat, excuse me French Lover/Bois D'Orage. The label is new. The perfumers's name is on top of the label, then the name of the fragrence (see above choices) then in smaller print, the name of the company (editions de perfumes) and below in a little lager print, Frederick Malle. No mention as to concentration (7%PV) like the old, BUT on the rear or other side of the label you find the particulars, name of company, location AND the 9% PV-87% vol.
    If you smell the two, old label and new. you will note the difference immediatly.l This is a 100MI size
    Last edited by richard d; 15th October 2008 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    You have received wrong information. I just bought a bottle of eau de goat, excuse me French Lover/Bois D'Orage. The label is new. The perfumers's name is on top of the label, then the name of the fragrence (see above choices) then in smaller print, the name of the company (editions de perfumes) and below in a little lager print, Frederick Malle. No mention as to concentration (7%PV) like the old, BUT on the rear or other side of the label you find the particulars, name of company, location AND the 9% PV-87% vol.
    If you smell the two, old label and new. you will note the difference immediatly.l This is a 100MI size
    Are you sure that the one you have bought it is not fake ?
    As i have told before i bought mine 2 months ago at Frederic Malle Head Boutique, Av. Victor Hugo in Paris. It is marked 7% and not 9% and the juice lasts on my skin all the day and it is also noticeable during the day...
    I have asked this question of concentration of 7% and 9% and both Assistant have told me that the concentration of FRECH LOVER is 7% and same is an EdT and not an EdP.

Once again, the information you received is incorrect. I bought the new (actually the oldest, as I believe the ORIGINAL JUICE WAS 9%)) version from Barneys New York on Sat. There is still some old (7% stock) out there but the 100MI bottle I bought is, # 1, no diubt original and ,#2, is 9%.

Once again, the information you received is incorrect. I bought the new (actually the oldest, as I believe the ORIGINAL JUICE WAS 9%)) version from Barneys New York on Sat. There is still some old (7% stock) out there but the 100MI bottle I bought is, # 1, no diubt original and ,#2, is 9%.
    I do not believe that the information given to me by Frederic Malle Assistants is incorredt !

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    I do not believe that the information given to me by Frederic Malle Assistants is incorredt !
    All I can now say is like we say in america, that you can lead a horse to water but cannot make him drink.

Believe what you want , I have imparted information to you, you choose to disregard, your chioce.

best regards,

Rick

All I can now say is like we say in america, that you can lead a horse to water but cannot make him drink.

Believe what you want , I have imparted information to you, you choose to disregard, your chioce.

best regards,

Rick
    Hi Rick, here in Europe we use to say the same.

Best:wave:

Roberto

The problem may be that there are two different products here that we are talking about. French Lover which is the French version and Bois d'Orage which is the American version. I am betting that the French release is 7% while the American version is 9%. What do you think? So, when you ask the French SAs, they are telling you that it is 7% because that is what they sell.

The problem may be that there are two different products here that we are talking about. French Lover which is the French version and Bois d'Orage which is the American version. I am betting that the French release is 7% while the American version is 9%. What do you think? So, when you ask the French SAs, they are telling you that it is 7% because that is what they sell.
    Hi Paintman, this is an hipothese, you are right.
    I will clarify it tomorrow, but I can tell you that SAs of any niche perfumery in Paris are very well informed / formed about the products they sell.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

i've just recently recieved an official sample of this and it is 7% as well.

Look at the Good Life's post above

That would mean they're selling the American version in Frankfurt, Germany, 600km from Paris? Or is it an international vs. French version? I actually have a sample from Albrecht in FM and it's labeled French Lover, but I do not know whether it's 7 or 9. Sables, was your 9% bottle French Lover or Bois?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

She clearly states that only the names are differend, but there is only one version. There's also only one version on the official website.
    http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/mallesite_gb/index.htm

So,the" 9% version" is not mentioned on the official website and an she is giving false information? Wow....this needs further investigation my dear Watson.

But first I need to solve that Oliver Creed/ Pierre Bourdon case. Some say they are one and the same person.
    Last edited by eric; 15th October 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Hi there. I'm probably not helping but...
    I have a 50ml bottle that's labeled Bois d'Orage and on the back, reads 9%PV - 87%VOL.
    I bought it at Barneys in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Hi there. I'm probably not helping but...
    I have a 50ml bottle that's labeled Bois d'Orage and on the back, reads 9%PV - 87%VOL.
    I bought it at Barneys in San Francisco.
    this is so weird..and confusing. And why don't they sell this stuff on their website then?
    I mailed them again.
    Last edited by eric; 16th October 2008 at 12:02 AM.

I had a bottle that was 7.9%. Kidding.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I just bought a bottle of eau de goat, excuse me French Lover/Bois D'Orage.
    Eau de Goat, huh

Staring right back at me from my desk: French Lover 50ml, probably bought from Les Senteurs in the UK or direct from FM online originally... 9%.

The label is of the newer design as Richard d described, which is identical to the labelling seen in the promo shots of the Dans Tes Bras bottles.

It smells identical to the sample I obtained from Les Senteurs when it was first released. Longevity is good.

Hope this serves to clarify rather than confound
    Last edited by simisker; 16th October 2008 at 07:53 AM.

CLARIFIED THE MYSTERY
    Just spoke with Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, and they are going to make an official communication to the press about this matter.
    I have been told that :
    In fact, although it appears 7 % in the etiquettes the concentration is in fact 9% both for FRENCH LOVER and BOIS D'ORAGE.

CLARIFIED THE MYSTERY
    Just spoke with Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, and they are going to make an official communication to the press about this matter.
    I have been told that :
    In fact, although it appears 7 % in the etiquettes the concentration is in fact 9% both for FRENCH LOVER and BOIS D'ORAGE.
    Thanks Roberto! I can sleep again!

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    That would mean they're selling the American version in Frankfurt, Germany, 600km from Paris? Or is it an international vs. French version? I actually have a sample from Albrecht in FM and it's labeled French Lover, but I do not know whether it's 7 or 9. Sables, was your 9% bottle French Lover or Bois?
    my 100mi bottle is labeled BdO

and is 9%, marked on rear of botttle or back side of label away from the mail label.which carries name of perfumer the BdO description etc
    Last edited by richard d; 16th October 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Eau de Goat, huh
    Yea. Dry down to me reminds me of something buried way back in past. perhaps at borading school where we had animals.

Thanks Roberto! I can sleep again!
    thanks Roberto. we all can rest now. So much for the accuracy of French S/A's.

ps wish they would standardize the name to french Lover.
    Last edited by richard d; 16th October 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Default Re: Boisd'Orage /French Lover 9%

Didn't Claire just say it was 7%?

"The perfume has two different names : French Lover is called Bois d’Orage in the USA, but the dosage of the perfume never changed since its launch last year (in June 2007) and is of 7%.

Best regards
    Claire "

Very confusing and just a little bit fishy!

Thanks Roberto for all your hard work. Maybe we will get to the bottom of this soon...
    Last edited by paintrman; 16th October 2008 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Sables, was your 9% bottle French Lover or Bois?
    French Lover!

CLARIFIED THE MYSTERY
    I have been told that :