Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 16 October

A La Nuit

Fits perfectly with my mood and look today, I used white eyelinder above my lashes and black eyelinder on the upper lash line. Looks kinda natural and makes you look very awake and a little sultry. It´s a good look that isn´t extreme but polished and it takes 3 minutes (the white eyelinder isnt precise and the black well just stuff it into your lash line really).

I love loooove A La Nuit, it´s not heavy but it´s a stunning floral with some oriental toppings that make it more interesting.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: SotD Thursday 16 October

Ok it´s not thursday yet, see how not awake I really am

I look awake though and smell awake
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

giggle, gave me a good laugh this morning! thank you!
    ::bounce::bounce::bounce:
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Thanks for the tip! My secret is a tiny bit of white shadow in the inner corner of my eyes to look more awake, but I think I shall try this out!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Thanks for the tip! My secret is a tiny bit of white shadow in the inner corner of my eyes to look more awake, but I think I shall try this out!

Yeah I do that and cover the lower part of the eyelid and a little of black eyeliner in the lash line, it really brings out your eyes, even the bf noticed

My God is it Thursday already? I must have slept through Wednesday....

Yep, you totally confused me.

Ralph Lauren Notorious -- from a sample.

Not unpleasant. As universally reported, smells very like Coco on first sniff. Dries down to something rather insipid and short-lived (on me).

Ah well. Not bad for work, I'd say. Otherwise it's a MEH from me.

Happy day, y'all!

Lian, don't feel bad. I was sure yesterday (Tuesday) was the 15th all day.

Morning! Just applied Escada Collection for a long Thursday at uni. Yumyum!!

Celebrating my day off with L'Artisan Jour de Fête, sadly discontinued.

Enjoy your day, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Morning Star

Default SotD Wednesday 15 October 2008

Wednesday 15 October 2008

I'm just starting to resurface after working about 14-hr days and getting less than
    5 hours of sleep a night for about a week. I'm glad my nose still works ...

Morning: Profumum Thundra
    Afternoon: Andy Tauer L'Air du Désert Marocain
    Evening: Il Profumo Macadam

Esencia Loewe
    Snarky is as snarky does.

The confusion! Now Astaroth is insisting it is Wednesday.......

::where are the newspapers::

Feeling so very Italian with Cuir D'Italie (Lorenzo Dante Ferro) on the wrists and Ambra Nera (Ortigia) on other important pulse points

Apart: lovely fragrances. Together: simply splendid. The understated masculinity of the leather scent combined with the gentle sweetness of the amber.
    I love it how I can smell each one apart and then, while moving, they merge into a delicious cloud.

Splendid choice, my dear LIB.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Hi Lian!!! Love those eyes.
    I am starting the day with some Eau Ressourcante (Clarins) and then I shall
    wear Zephir de Rose (Rosine) for a trip to the theatre tonight (The Vagina Monologues) -
    unless anyone can think of a more appropriate scent!!

Good morning everybody Lian sure made me double check the date yesterday! Today I have lots of writing for a group assignment to do. I'm suppose to have most of the structure ready,but have nearly started! Sotd is Hypnotic poison.Hope you all have a nice day

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 16 October

Prada, AMBER FOR MEN

L'HEURE BLEU for me today. Got a very generous free sample of Prada Infusion D'Iris in the post this morning from the Prada website, too late for today's SOTD but I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Basenotes Plus

Paula, I was thisclose to being your scent twin today!

Sharing the house with Tigrushka,
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Black Orchid by Tom Ford, from the tester I thought it would be stronger but otherwise it´s nice so far.

Wearing LMdV Vanille Givree des Antilles this evening.

Shadesofbleu, just saw your post yesters! 30ml sounds painful! Poor thing! Sending you healing vibes and hugs from Australia! And good music of course!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    ... I shall wear Zephir de Rose (Rosine) for a trip to the theatre tonight (The Vagina Monologues) - unless anyone can think of a more appropriate scent!!
    Putain des Palaces??? Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow???

Ooooh. Shame on me. Have a wonderful theatre-going experience dear Kewart And check the date on the tickets!!

I'm still trying to get the week straightened out - by the time I do it will be next week.

Spent the night in late DH's fave...Royal Copenhagen. And although it's cool and dark right now, later the temps will climb to the 80s...so (thanks to Tinks for the intro)...it's gonna be the gawjuss

(photo doesn't do the bottle justice - it's sprinkled with gold stars) A beautiful floral, non-pricey, (used to be very 'spensuff apparently, then was available at e-tailers and is getting increasingly hard to find) five star diva!!!.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

meeting with my son's special ed team this morning.
    wearing Chanel no.5, one of my confidence fragrances.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Sharing the house with Tigrushka,
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant
    Lovely choice! I wore ST three days in a row last week, with two exceptions this has been a L'Artisan month for me.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

shadesofbleu lots of good wishes that now that all of the fluid is drained from your knee you feel some relief.
    Today I wanted something earthy and herbal and so I'm wearing:

Carthusia Numero Uno

I really like both Carthusia scents that I own and this one is so different from Uomo. The lavender citrus opening is standard but the herbal middle mixed with floral notes is an unexpectedly intense and beautiful combination on me.

I hope no one else has any dental visits and/or trips to their physicians today and we all just have a Terrific Thursday,
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Joining Tigruska and Tdem1961 in L'Artisan this morning. I'm sampling Iris Pallida 2007 this morning, trying to get a handle on iris. But it's so hard to pin down. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful fragrance. I'm not sure what I'll wear later. This is just a morning test run.

Have a good day, all!

Too funny !

Yesterday, in the words of the prophet- was CHALUSCIOUS -
    To the uninitiated, a nightmare.
    Me no likey, no, no, no.
    No lather, rinse, repeat.
    Unh-huh.

Last night- unholy, syrupy , gooey comfort combo-
    La Mome with Rykiel Woman.
    Puerile, but effective...

Today- Cuir de Lancome.
    Because I love it.
    Get on the good foot.

Happy Birthday, Frederik !

Shades, honey-
    I just saw your posts- mixed wires, here.
    I'm so sorry.

Autoimmune stuff is painful and troublesome, I feel for you.
    It sucks- but I know you can get a leg up.
    Pm me if I can help in any way.

Sending you healing, my dear...

ScentBro - I'm going to the hair stylist today, and I'm a bit beauty-salon phobic (hence why I only seem to get my hair cut every 6 months). Does that count

Parfumerie Generales Louanges today.

Hopefully, I come out looking like Angelina Jolie's geeky brown-eyed sister.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

We returned last night from the camping trip! Amazing how we left in the summertime and came back to witness autumn. The trip did not go exactly as planned -- no offence to Chaya, but Mount Ida in AR is just g*dawful, so we spent a night at Daisy State Park, about 20 miles closer to home, well-kept and with beautiful views. A lot of people go in their RVs (motor homes, to our international BNers, equipped with microwave ovens and satellite dishes), we do not own one so we went in our little car, with our trusted tent, a bag of charcoal and of course, a doggie. It was fun, a quality family time with a lot of conversing and snuggling. We saw an armadillo, a turtle, a few hummingbirds and a flock of wild pheasants.

I made a mistake spelling Muguet du Bois (should be "des" Bois), but it was the best scent to match my mood, Mr.T's senses and the weather. Maria Amalia is still "too butch" for me, I just smell like a dude wearing it.

Hugs and best wishes to Shades.

Will wear KenzoAmour for a quiet day of scrubbing, cooking and laundry.

The delicious tea, iris and spices of Goutal Duel
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

PDN New York as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Two conference calls (one at 8 a.m., one at 4 p.m.), a full day of "regular" work, and more company for dinner (fortunately most of the cooking prep is already done, and there will be plain old Trader Joe's sorbet for dessert!)...

I am going to conquer the world today in Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. This beautiful juice lasts forever on me, especially in this cool weather. I feel like I'm walking in a sheer and extremely classy cocoon.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Lancome's Miracle.
    This is my 3rd bottle, I'm considering getting the 4th but ther are too many new scents I'd love to buy.

Have a nice day, girls.

Sur la Plage

Ungaro II

For Rtamara41 I say "good for you"! Those type of meetings, when you are advocating for your child, require a 'shoring up' of the emotions...grab all the confidence you can! No.5 should do the trick! I have shared your trepidation when wearing those shoes, drawing up Section 504 plans for my son.

My scent of the day is a Turin/Sanchez 4 star gem! Just happened to get it at a real bargain price of $19.99 at the local Marshalls yesterday:

Belle en Rykiel

It seems to be a busy, confusing week for all of us. Today I am lurching from a meeting, to supervision of a student, to delivering a training. I whipped out my very dressy black patent leather clogs for the occasion.

At first I decided to wear L"Heure Bleu. But I finally chose Musc Maori. I wanted that private, cozy, comfort close to me all day.

Today I'm sampling BPAL's Alice, courtesy of Led! (It smells like rice pudding, with cardamom!)

Lots of sad stuff lately where I am. I do hope everyone hugs everyone they love while they can. Children especially need daily hugs to grow well.

An average day on tap for me. L'Artisan Ambre Extreme (again). I'm smelling more vanilla in it than ever before.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan for me today as well. Trying out the new one: Fleur de Liane
    Feel better, Shades.
    {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Oh my goodness! You people are killing me here. I have a date with my whole family to go to a restaurant and meet my little brother's girlfriend, who will probably become his fiance. This date is for Thursday night. It's not going well. The pants I planned to wear disappeared from my closet. Turned out they were in a bag I forgot to bring to the dry cleaner. The only thing I could find are a size too big, and a little tapered in the ankle, and not stylish. I got to work. My hair was a fright. And the bag of make up that was in my desk drawer, is at home. I forgot I did that.
    And then I read the first two posts....
    What the heck? Not Thursday? I have to do all this again tomorrow? Sheesh!
    L'Occitane The Vert. (Is green tea decaf? I need some mellowing.)

Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore

Kewart: with perfume for The Vagina Monologues, my first responses were exactly the same as Tao's! But since she's already made that joke, surely Turin's review must have you running for L'Air de Rien? (He says it smells like dirty knickers.) Of course, nothing seems to match up to the original Cabochard which he quotes a famous perfumer as describing as 'soiled underwear - REALLY filthy!' (can't remember who, but sure someone here will whip out The Emperor of Scent and tell us). Maybe not the best for sitting in a crowded theatre, though it would add an air of authenticity.

I'm in Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille today after a shower in my latest fave from Tesco - Vanilla Souffle shower creme. It has a smoky note that's very sophisticated and absolutely fabulous. Smells a lot more expensive than it is and last I saw it was reduced to clear because they're discontinuing it. Grab some while you can. I also have Roger & Gallet Vanilla handcream on, after giving my Wordchick a tummy rub (what can I say? She has good taste.). So I am vanillatastic, but in a sophisticated way. Just what I need on a rainy and dreech Swiss autumn day. (Dreech is a wonderful Scottish word that means grey, drab, chilly and gloomy from what I can gather.)

Rtmara - Yep, No5 sounds perfect to help bolster your confidence and help you help your son. I know from experience that what you do for people with special needs in the early years of life pays huge dividends later on. But I also know how hard it is to be tough and insist on what you feel your child needs. You're doing the right thing. Chin up.

Aiona, sounds like you need a hug too. Sending one.

As for Shade of Bleu - OW OW OW OW!!!! Went back and read yesterday's SOTD thread to understand what was going on. Comiserations, honey! Having 30mls of fluid drained from your knee sounds excruciating! (I mean, that's a full bottle of perfume!) One small ray of hope: have you (and Chaya) looked into the RA diet? I know it involves no citrus, no strawberries and a bunch of other stuff, and I also know it works brilliantly for some people, especially a friend of mine who is now back on her ice skates after being on sticks before she started it. (No promises of course and it only works for RA, not osteo.)

Otherwise, hope you all have a good day.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Escentric Molecules 01
    A long day for me... got up at 6:30, meeting starts at 8:00, last minute change of powerpoint, non-stop calls and chores.

Serge Lutens - Miel de Bois

bleu autumn haze

Thank you for all the well wishes. My knee is SO much better this morning.

I'm wearing Bandit today.

hugs to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Sensuous again for me today. An early B.D. present from my brother And he got me the BIG bottle!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good day, my very special friends. Even after a shower, my hands reek of vinegar from cleaning the kitchen this a.m. It's not complementing the Comme des Garcons Lily I've applied.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Where are you going to be vacationing Q?

I'm in Shalimar EDP today. It's becoming a staple, like beans and rice, but not quite.
    Last edited by dimples; 16th October 2008 at 04:50 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Good Morning.
    After reading the 'Feminine Incense' thread, I had a hankering, so this morning grabbed my sample of Andy Tauer Incense Rose. There's a pretty loud blast of frankincense (or is it the myrrh? Shoot, I always confuse those two smells in my head) at the start, but it very soon mellows to join the other notes.
    Those other notes, according to Luckyscent: clementine, bergamot, castor, Bulgarian rose, orris, Texas cedarwood, incense, labdanum, myrrh, patchouli, ambergris. And vetiver.

EDIT: 10:00am, ran into my boyfriend. He said I smell like a tree. Well, maybe, but it's a darn good smelling tree!
    1:30pm, after a re-fresher application at home (not on the same skin site), back at the office, a co-worker declared, "Smells like cleaning products in here." I wholehearteldy disagree.
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 16th October 2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: feedback

My current top favorite: Saffron James Nani

Wearing Dior Addict 2 today.

Tao, I love Orazuli as well. I won it in one of our Tang's contests and bought a second bottle at Marshall's for backup because I like it a lot. Also, Twolf, Maria Amalia wears beautifully on me, not butchy at all.

Hello, everyone. In Ormonde Woman today. Sending good vibes to all who need it, and all who don't as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    meeting with my son's special ed team this morning.
    wearing Chanel no.5, one of my confidence fragrances.
    Good luck at your IEP!

I wearing Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone with just a tiny bit of Rose Alexandrie.

Basenotes Institution

Aedes des Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur (first time from a sample)

Yum, Mike! Just got a sample of AdV too.

Today it's Bvlgari Black for me.

L'Artisan ParfumeurDzing!

Congrats Wordbird on your 1000th post! It hasn't been 'dreech' here today thank goodness. Lovely and sunny with all the beautiful colours of autumn on display. I'm wearing the amazing Patchouli Antique. It's a velvety, sultry without being showy patchouli heaven with ambery, chocolatey, and vanilla shades which make it just skim the gourmand category for me. One of the most sensual scents in my limited wardrobe I just adore Patchouli Antique.

I´m wearing Rochas Byzance EdT today.

Thanks Chaelaran - I hadn't noticed.
    And a good long one it was too!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729