Hello Basenotes. I've hovered around here for a while, thought I'd ask a quick question!

I'm pretty new to perfume, and still have a lot to learn, but I'm stuck on which note keeps standing out in Fou d'Absinthe. The first fragrance I bought for myself was Armani Attitude, and while I don't wear it anymore I still have a bit of a soft spot for it. I've lately been sampling through the L'Artisan Parfumeur range (favourite: Dzongkha, so good!) and came across Fou d'Absinthe, which instantly reminded me of Armani Attitude, together with it crisp, white images of the department store in Helsinki where I purchased it. I've trawled around the internet for a while and can't find any listed fragrance notes they have in common (except patchouli, although I'm confident this shining note of mine is something else, I've got a patchouli shower gel that forms my idea of what patchouli smells like, and it's quite different). I'm sure there is another common note in both fragrances whose name eludes me.

I don't especially love Fou d'Absinthe either, this is just driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Nick