Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Question Challenge of the continents: BN gatherings/conventions

What with Nukapai's launch of plans for the official Basenotes gathering in the UK
    (and after having figured out I can't use my Amtrak points to get to London),
    I'm wondering whether BNers of North America and Australia
    are just going to sit idly by?

Is our Boston contingent feeling a fire in their bellies?

Or does charming New Orleans tempt with its
    unrivaled perfumeries and vacation opportunities?

Just wondering
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Challenge of the continents: BN gatherings/conventions

We should do a New Orleans trip! That would be wonderful in so many ways.

btw- if any of you are ever in Southern CA, please let me know, and I hope we can sniff together!

I LOVE those smilies!

I'd be up for a North American BN gathering, and would even be willing to organize it (I'm sick in the head and REALLY enjoy organizing things - any things - so it wouldn't be a difficult task) if it was to occur post-Sept. '09. I love the idea of a gathering in NO - never been, but always wanted to. It seems like a perfect place to go on a scent trek. Is there anywhere we can view stats on locations on BNers? Are most of us on the coasts?
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Pia.

Tovah, I will keep that lovely notion in mind. Thank you, my pretty. A cousin in Alta Loma has been begging me to visit her for decades, so California's quite magnetic.

LedByMyNose, we share a passion I find greater than fumes: o-r-g-a-n-i-z-i-n-g. Glad to have you on board! Thanks.

I know those Boston Beauties (yes, SMM, you're a beauty, too) were buzzing about some plans, so they may be ahead of the game.

I'd never thought so highly of New Orleans until I visited there. The quaintness of the French Quarter (at least during daylight hours) within a good-sized city (they have a Saks, too) makes the place really attractive. Add those exceptional perfumeries, and it's one of the finest cities for frag fans. So, if Boston wants to claim 2009. Perhaps NOLA in 2010?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

No way I'm going to be able to join you over there, but I just want to say how fabulous those N'Orlens accents are, Ma Cher. (Did I get that right or am I confused? Apologies if I've been ignorant and got it wrong.)
    THAT is enough to tempt me to start saving for a ticket. (Though you know I'd just blow my stash on Guerlain in a moment of weakness...)
    Last edited by Wordbird; 16th October 2008 at 01:14 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Boston Beauty....me....I don't know. They two Chayas now that's some beauty.
    Quarry is right when ComDiva and Chaya and I had lunch at the end of August I suggested having a day like what was planned in Chicago.
    I was thinking we could go to Copley Place which has Barney's, Niemans, CO Bigelow, Sak's, L'Occitane, and Sephora.
    Then we could go down Newbury St. to potentially Kiehl's, Lush, Fresh, Chanel and Hermes.
    Hermes is right around the corner from a dessert place called Finale in Park Plaza and I thought we could end there and maybe have Neil Morris in to talk about perfume creation while we eat yummy sweets.
    So that is the kernel of my idea.
    I haven't tried to run this by any of the appropriate people at any of the stores much less ask Neil if he would or could do it.
    I was thinking this would be an ideal thing to do in the spring as it wouldn't be too hot to walk around and things like the public garden would be in bloom to add some natural scents to our outing.
    So if there is some idea that we would like to meet up in Boston and have the First Annual North American Basenotes Meetup, I would be up for trying to be the local person on the ground to try and arrange that.
    New Orleans sounds nice, too and I would definitely be in for helping with that.

EDIT-Just to also add when I was thinking about this I was thinking about calling it the Boston Scent Party and maybe trying to come up with a graphic takeoff of the Boston tea Party but instead of showing the Revolutionaries throwing Tea into the harbor show them tossing guerlains, chanels, and patous into the water. If we had something cool we could make up t-shirts ahead of time with the date on it.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 16th October 2008 at 02:52 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Spring in Boston sounds very nice. I think the trick is to find a veteran SA who could predict which week might be the best to snag the greatest number of new spring releases--not an exact science, Sir Math Man, but could be a bit of a guide. When the stores know you're coming, they put together goodie bags, which I believe they compose of a combo of samples of new releases and some prior-season extras they're trying to clear out.

We should build up a fund to fly Grant over one of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Tovah, I will keep that lovely notion in mind. Thank you, my pretty. A cousin in Alta Loma has been begging me to visit her for decades, so California's quite magnetic.

I know those Boston Beauties (yes, SMM, you're a beauty, too) were buzzing about some plans, so they may be ahead of the game.
    Alta Loma is less than an hour away! *tempts tempts*

I adore Boston. My hubby's company headquarters are there, so maybe a "business trip" can be arranged.

Basenotes Plus

I'd like to make a request. If any basenote members are attending the Sniffapalooza Fall Ball in NYC the weekend of the 25th & 26th, would you let me know? I'd love to meet you.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

In the USA, Chicago sounds like a good possibility, and it's central, so likely a non-stop flight for most USA Basenoters.

Now why would we want to throw perfectly good scents overboard?
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I'd like to make a request. If any basenote members are attending the Sniffapalooza Fall Ball in NYC the weekend of the 25th & 26th, would you let me know? I'd love to meet you.
    NYC? I live in commuting distance. Can you point me to the right thread? I tried the search function, but got too many hits and had no idea where to start.