Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: My first meeting with Kouros

A little perspective is needed on this board if you wish to be taken seriously.

Do you really think a perfume designer would sit there and say "what will make this sell? I know, make it smell of p*ss".

Ridiculous.

If my p*ss smelled like Kouros I'd save myself a small fortune.

Ok a little more perspective:
    I tried Kouros yesterday and I wasnt pleased by it at all. Neither was my gf and the people standing around of me. It is original and masculin but imho not in a good way.The scent reminded me of something I will not name, cause there are people that do like Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    A little perspective is needed on this board if you wish to be taken seriously.

Do you really think a perfume designer would sit there and say "what will make this sell? I know, make it smell of p*ss".

Ridiculous.

If my p*ss smelled like Kouros I'd save myself a small fortune.
    I don't understand your assertion. Why do you assume that because it doesn't smell like urine to you, that it doesn't smell like urine to someone else?

Perspective indeed.
    Last edited by baudilus; 16th October 2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: clarification

Hehe, I wouldnt say Kouros is urine, urinal cake indeed, but not urine

But the problem lays in its power, u cant wash it of again, urinal cake with a sillage ass big as the moon.. yakk

deleted
    Last edited by joe mcclaine; 16th October 2008 at 01:07 PM.

kouros does not smell like urine. those who think it does should check their kidneys,urine system(for unknown infections?) or their brains .kouros is a very dominant scent and as so as a lot of admirers or haters. some "clever" guy, probably under the influence of"natural herbs" said a decade ago he smells urine in kouros and since than a legend was created: kouros=urine. those who hate kouros immediately adapt this theory like "blind cows". enough with this crap! you may like, dislike or hate kouros but enough with this urine crap! some of the members here wear this stuff for many years and its offending to read such stupid remarks like pee and urine. i grew up in the 70/80' the era of the strong powerful mens fragrances, when a man smelled like a man and wasnt apologizing for doing so. today ,younger generation mostly is accustomed to those light scents, that all smell the same and last about 10 minutes (if it last 20 minutes they apologize for wearing such strong fragrance). i am not the modern "metro sexual man" but rather the "old school" and i do not apologize for wearing kourus and if it smellls like urine to you, then start wearing urine!

Listen, obviously there is alot of animosity toward the scent and some love it. I wore it in high school. Why?Because it was supposed to be good. I'm not sure if I ever thought it smelled good. I get the urine thing and I'm 38..so I'm not in the AdG grouping. I have tried it multiple times since coming here and before and I still think it is harsh and bad. I have a 13 month old. It really is a mix of when I change her pee diaper and then I put the baby powder on. You can say this isn't true and hem and haw but it is the EXACT smell to my senses. If I smell it dried down on an old bottle I get the same thing. This isn't a burn and trash post, just a real review. So I get what people are seeing in it. I'm just being respectful.

There, I said my peace. I'll move along.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th October 2008 at 01:36 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    I've been into fragances quite a while now, even though I'm a new member here. I dont mean to disrespect anyone, or anyone's opinion.

But you accuse people of "childish bashing", and then start doing it yourself.

"Look at me I 'understand'/like Kouros I am original"

I DO like AdG, I DONT use it cause I DO want to be original, that doesnt mean I call people wearing that kinda stuff "simple". Yes there are a lot of guys wearing AdG that have no "fragance-knowledge"what so ever.You have an attitude because you are not into the local fragancestore top 10, I aint either, most of the Basenoters aren't. That doesnt make people who are wearing AdG lacking of originality or simple. Its boring, yes I know, for us it is thats why I wont buy it even if I kinda like it. Code I do buy but its less popular then AdG or Le Male, and now that its becoming more popular I'm moving on.

IMHO there are hundreds of "non-conformist" fragances that are a lot better than Kouros.

Just because I like Code or AdG over Kouros, doesnt say ANYTHING about my originality.

And the opening note of Kouros just reminds me of urine. I'm sorry to offend anyone but I know a lot of people agree. Its a matther of opinion not originality, and its useless to discuss about personal opinions. Its a perfect scent for B,A from the A-Team, in the 80's.

And when I'm 40 i gonna use different fragances than I use now. But still not Kouros
    Quite a lot of assumptions in there, just click my drobe icon for clarification, and if you do so, please click on the "owned" ones, too.

Furthermore, I wasn't addressing any single person, theres always a lot of "yes it does" whenever the next one feels like equating Kouros with urine. It gets old.

I see I said: "Its not a matther of opinion its just urine" in the OP. I was being sarcastic, offcourse its a matther of opinion.
    Cop-out. Ah whatever, everythings said now.

AromiErotici

I'm looking for an oil drum full of this juice. I have a few in-laws I'd like to give very large samples to.

in reply to toughcool: when you wore it in highschool it didn't smell like urine? did they change the formula and haded urine?
    you see, i never wore a cologne because it was supposed to be good, or because someone said it is good. i can relay on my own judgment to decide if i like the scent or not.

and with this note i rest my case
    Last edited by damon; 16th October 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Nothing new has been stated here. At the end of this thread, Kouros will still rise above, commanding fear, controversy and dirty thoughts.

The only thing I am not happy about is Kouros adds. They all show a man with a no-hair chest and pubis: they waxed the hell out of them (pusillanimous). While that may represent better the original greek Kuroi, it is not representative of the YSL fragrance.

Kouros is pure testosterone baby!
    Last edited by irish; 16th October 2008 at 02:22 PM.

A friend of mine is 26, his girlfriend 24. One day he dropped by, commenting that I was smelling a bit mature. OK, he said OLD. I had tested Kouros earlier that afternoon. I didn't comment, just cursed under my breath.
    A week or so ago I showed his girlfriend some of my juices. Fragrances, i.e., in case your imagination might run away with you. She immediately asked if I had Kouros. It happened to be her very favourite on a man. She begged my friend to get a bottle, without delay. She needed it and she needed it NOW.
    That's a little Kouros tale for you.

Gentlemen, we've had the Kouros good/bad/ugly debate many times. We'll have it again sometime either sooner or later.

On this thread everyone has made their thoughts plain. Readers can read the thread and clearly get posters's thoughts. Then readers can go out and see what the smell if they don't know already and smell what the controversy is all about.

That's about all we can do as posters here. The personal barb and attack trading do nothing for us or for helping the readers know their own thoughts on the scent. Please take the reflections on fellow members and various jabs--light jabs and hard ones--to the personal message feature.

Thanks,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Why is everyone so angry that Kouros smells like urine?

Banned

Its the same as I can assume that you are German so you are a racist [...].
    Thanks. It prevented me to mention Theo van Gogh, just in case you thought of living in a country free of racism.

I think that people that dont get urine in Kouros may just not have the same reference point as the others who do get urine. I dont get ANY urine smell, I get a very specific type of urine smell from Kouros. IMO it smells EXACTLY like a cat's litter box that hasn't been cleaned in months and resides in a small, window-less closet. I really don't care what anyone else says, this isn't a matter of subjectiveness, the opening notes at least, smell of incredibly pungent cat pee.

Quote Originally Posted by damon View Post
    in reply to toughcool: when you wore it in highschool it didn't smell like urine? did they change the formula and haded urine?
    you see, i never wore a cologne because it was supposed to be good, or because someone said it is good. i can relay on my own judgment to decide if i like the scent or not.

and with this note i rest my case
    I was young. It was popular. They didn't have a market like now so people wore Polo, Kouros or Obsession...it was the 80s. My Dad owned most of them and I would spray it on. It's not like I wore it daily. I never knew but the bottle did have a weird smell to it. I was a kid. You can try and discredit me but my opinion stands. I think it stinks now and have tried it multiple times to be fair. It is a diaper. It's not like I'm looking to slam the product. It has civet in it which is basically the rear of a civet. Its musk. It's just the truth. I like Mania and people hate it but I don't get angry at them. Of course Mania doesn't smell like urine type things. For those with kids..if you change a pee diaper and then apply powder on the baby, the mix..its Kouros to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Why is everyone so angry that Kouros smells like urine?
    Don't get it either.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th October 2008 at 02:58 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Looks like this thread is all over. All over but the shouting that is.

I'll close it. Anyone have questions for me about this decision send them by PM.
    Thanks,
    --Chris
    Last edited by DustB; 16th October 2008 at 02:59 PM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.