Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Fragrance Lover Seeks "Signature Scent"

Clean white shirt and denim jeans - Rive Gauche or Roger Gallet OPEN
    Party Wear- Joop or Escada Magnetism

IMHO- we all are searching for that alluring "Signature Scent".... some call it holy grail ...we've got many names for it... ...but i am sure you will enjoy this journey like most of us

welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Hey I thought of one that has great staying power me. I mean it lasts 12 hours, easy. Plus it is fresh, cheery, a neat clean/green vibe with a light musk drydown.
    Thierry Mugler Cologne. It is in the white frosted bottle with a green cap.
    Just got a sample of Thierry Mugler Colgne at Nordstrom, a very nice scent. Obvious citrus, but do I detect vetiver?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    cheap....age fitting...and amazing

Escada Magnetism....
    I only tested this once...at Marshalls..and it was pretty nice. For cheap. Uusually I hate the overly sweeet ones too. The drydown made it.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 16th October 2008 at 08:20 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Welcome!

I'd say give Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme a sniff and spritz on the skin. Its in a cylindrical glass bottle with a heavy octagonal silver lid.
    I always revert back to this one when people are looking for something that could be worn in casual and semi-formal situations. It can carry you seamlessly from college to out.
    I personally have no problems at all with longevity, but its best you try it for yourself.
    Good luck!
    This one, definitely! It awoke the fire of passion in me and I can't stop buying colognes now. It's really quite amazing. To me, it's like the ginger ale of beverages - completely classy but also fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I think if you keep posting here, you'll soon learn it's more fun to have too many fragrances to wear instead of one to wear all the time. I'd love to have a 'signature' scent, and I could pick 1-2 if I had to, but there's just too much out there to be held back.

he he.. You`r right! It`s just too much good stuff out there to use just one!

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome and for all of your ideas. I will definitely be sure to try them all and will keep looking at all th great scents out there. A couple that really stuck out were L'Homme, it looks like it has a lot of fans on here. Versace pour homme I noticed a few cheers for, I recently tried that scent on in the store and loved it and found that it lasted all day. So I'll definitely check that one out again. Thierry Mugler cologne is another one as I really do like citrus scents as long as their not too generic . I definitely like Dirty English a lot! However I find on my skin it has very little staying power . But it was still a good suggestion. I'll be sure to check out the chanel offerings too. Any further ideas would be welcome as I am in no hurry to find this scent, theres so many to try . I hope to talk to you all again very soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    I, too, came to Basenotes seeking a couple of reviews of what I thought would become my signature scent. Here I am, two short months and a dozen bottles later...

Don't walk, run away!
    I feel compelled to offer the same warning

If inclined to tempt yourself with the classics any of the Colonia products by Acqua di Parma are really nice.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.