Code of Conduct

Default Czech & Speake available at LuckyScent

Just noticed they started carrying this line. I've only tried/owned No. 88 (but wound up selling it). Any comments on the other frags? Oxford and Cambridge notes look interesting ...

Default Re: Czech & Speake available at LuckyScent

Skip luckyscent and $162 - Cambridge Chemists has them for $115
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Wow ... thanks for the heads up. Big price difference. It's funny that the C&S's are $115 and the free shipping is over $120.

Still a much better deal overall even paying shipping.

Any comments on the frags themselves?

yeah, Cambridge Chemists. However, it is good to see that LS offers and proposes new trends.

Oxford and Cambridge smells a lot like one of them Penhaligons edts... with a note of mint added. Is it Blenheim Bouquet or English Fern? I do not remember as both have a prominent lavender note. The lavender is obvious and it the the main player on the fragrance. IMO, there are better and cheaper options.

my favorites are Cuba, 88 and Neroli.
    Last edited by irish; 13th October 2008 at 04:06 AM.

Oxford & Cambridge is a fougere, so it would be like English Fern. I sniffed it on a paper in the C&S shop on Jermyn Street. It was OK.
    The one that stood out, and which I bought, was Frankincense & Myrrh. I love incense scents and that was ex-cell-ent. Dry, spicy, really invigorating.
    I think all their stuff is good, I need to try more. Getting samples is difficult. Wish-list: another trip to London!!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I just ordered online the following samples from LuckyScent. $20 with shipping.

Washington Tremlett Sample:Black Tie
    Czech and Speake Sample:Cuba
    Puro Lino Sample:Eau de Toilette
    Divine Sample:L’homme sage
    Montale Sample:Greyland

They do have a very large fragrance selection of regular bottles and samples
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Neroli, No. 88 and Citrus Paradisi (which I sampled today for the 1st time) are all very good.

Is cologne shaker (the 200ml) just juice in a pour bottle vs spray (the 100ml)?

http://www.czechandspeake.com/produc...tid=9&deptid=1

Quote Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
    Is cologne shaker (the 200ml) just juice in a pour bottle vs spray (the 100ml)?

http://www.czechandspeake.com/produc...tid=9&deptid=1
    Yes, the 200ml is a splash bottle with a very nice shaker top. I just decant into a 5ml atomizer and apply it as a spray. If it is a scent you love, it is a very economical way to purchase a Czech & Speake fragrance.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Some of our LS-connected friends should contact them and let them know if the price disparity. It may not be their fault, however, as they may obtain the bottles via a third-party, rather than the maker itself.

Like TwoRoads, I purchase the 200 ml splash bottle and decant into an atomizer. My bottle of No.88 has lasted a very long time, as much as I put it to use, both in decanting for my own use and for samples, of which there are many

Good deal - Now they just have to start carrying Frederick Malle.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I just ordered online the following samples from LuckyScent. $20 with shipping.

Washington Tremlett Sample:Black Tie
    Czech and Speake Sample:Cuba
    Puro Lino Sample:Eau de Toilette
    Divine Sample:L’homme sage
    Montale Sample:Greyland

They do have a very large fragrance selection of regular bottles and samples
    Cuba is awesome! I think you will be disappointed with the rest (maybe not Sage) let us know!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    Some of our LS-connected friends should contact them and let them know if the price disparity. It may not be their fault, however, as they may obtain the bottles via a third-party, rather than the maker itself.

Like TwoRoads, I purchase the 200 ml splash bottle and decant into an atomizer. My bottle of No.88 has lasted a very long time, as much as I put it to use, both in decanting for my own use and for samples, of which there are many
    Brian,
    I don't think its a disparity or overlooking on their part. Almost all their prices are above retail. Whoever carries CDG Series 3, for example, sells it for $62 each as opposed to LuckyScent. They sell Hinoki for $145, whereas everybody else has it for $120. I know some prices are dictated by the niche houses. It might very well be C&S who is asking them to sell these at $162 as thats what it would cost you roughly after shipping if you get it directly from them.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Citrus Paradisi is a wonderful "mature" citrus.
    I bought mine in May and am already lamenting the fact my bottle has a third of it missing!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 15th October 2008 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Brian,
    I don't think its a disparity or overlooking on their part. Almost all their prices are above retail. Whoever carries CDG Series 3, for example, sells it for $62 each as opposed to LuckyScent. They sell Hinoki for $145, whereas everybody else has it for $120. I know some prices are dictated by the niche houses. It might very well be C&S who is asking them to sell these at $162 as thats what it would cost you roughly after shipping if you get it directly from them.
    Yeah, that's my point. Someone should call LS out on the markup.

This is great news....not so much that I can buy my #88 from LS now (too expensive compared to Cambridge Chemists) but I always wanted to try samples of frankincense & myrrh and cuba, and now I can put them in the same basket as my other samples from LS. Awesome

I hope that C&S's bathroom sales go down the gutter soon (pun intended) so that they expand their selection and distribution..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Yes, the 200ml is a splash bottle with a very nice shaker top. I just decant into a 5ml atomizer and apply it as a spray. If it is a scent you love, it is a very economical way to purchase a Czech & Speake fragrance.
    Thanks for the info. I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday now.