Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on samples

C&S No 88 - This is very sweet, almost like the rose water at indian weddings, reminds me too much of weddings, will be skipping this.
    Black Aoud - Now this is what i call a manly rosey smell, it is so well done that i will be purchasing it very soon.
    Nasomatto Duro - Wow this is good, not sure if its been mentioned before but i get a sweet dust smell, in a good way. Will be buying this soon.
    Idole by Lubin - WOW, i just love this, cant get enought of it, perfection of sweet spicyness. Making a purchase ASAP.
    Ormonde Man - A more refined version of Envy perhaps? I wish the longetivity was better though, made a purchase nevertheless.
    Straight to Heaven - I REALLY wanted to like this but the whole coconut oil smell puts me off. Reminds me of the much dreaded coconut oil on the head baths my mom put me through ages ago.
    Musc Ravageur - Ordered one, enuff said, i dont think words can begin to describe the whole journey from topnotes to the drydown.
    LDDM - Wow, i really get the whiff of the desert, or maybe the smell of the perfume stalls in an old skool arabian market ( dunno if that makes sense but thats what i thought of when i first smelled it) with a hint of orange?
    Lonestar Memories - NOt really feeling this, smells like someone threw something sweet into the bbq pit, nice smelling coal.
    Fougere Bengal - Hate it, dunno why but i do
    Ambre Sultan - Ginseng, smell of a chinese herbal medicine shop.
    Tabac Blond - Very nice, very fresh soapy, i feel its a bit like GIT but i didnt like GIT and i like this.

Last but not least

YATAGAN - A very bitter medicine that i had to hold my nose while trying to swallow it and not puke in the process, a traumatic childhood memory has been reawakened thanks to yours truly. No offense to all you yatagan lovers but i sadly hate it with a passion.

Mind you it is my first try on all ( not all but the ones i didnt like so much) samples so one day i might get bored and give it another go. Based on my likes and dislike any suggestions for future samples? Might update this list later as i have a few more to sample.

Default Re: Thoughts on samples

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Idole by Lubin - WOW, i just love this, cant get enought of it, perfection of sweet spicyness. Making a purchase ASAP.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I love it, in fact it is my SotD today. People will have you believe that it is a short-lived scent, but with each wearing it lasts longer and longer and is truly one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Musc Ravageur - Ordered one, enuff said, i dont think words can begin to describe the whole journey from topnotes to the drydown.
    Again I agree, its a musk and its a very sexual perfume, but I find it very wearable and its high up on my wish list right now.

I have a sample of no. 88 coming and I'm hoping that I get something a little different then you did because I learned from Rose 31 that my skin may be amplifying the rose notes to an unbearable level and with no. 88 I'm hoping to find something that works with my skin a little better. I guess we'll see.