Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1

    Default Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I've tested L'Instant EDT (the regular version) and liked it quite a bit. Checked Fragrancenet and they had the Extreme EDT version at a great price, so I pulled the trigger. Given the fact that I like the EDT, am I likely to enjoy the EDP or should I have stuck with the EDT version that I've tested and liked?

    I've searched the Male Fragrance Discussion section for L'Instant Extreme and L'Instant EDP and while there wasn't too many posts on it, people generally seem to like it. I would appreciate if anybody who is familiar with both versions could comment on their impression of them. Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I have both versions. The EDT lasts all day with 6 sprays. I still got a whiff of it after 12 hours.

    For the EDP, I regularly use only 2 sprays and people around me could detect it very well. It's really rich, thick, and sensual. You'd love it if you already like the EDT.
    Current Top 5

    1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I hate the EDP is just too medicine smeling.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Good choice Igor! I love both of them, and especially the edp. I love it and love how I feel like I'm saving money using the edp, since the small amount necessary for use means the bottle will last a very long time. It's a richer, denser, and wonderful variation on an already excellent product.

    I love it and hope you have the same experiences with it that I have.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus

    nenugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The south coast
    Posts
    1,253

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I love both too, and especially the EDP, it is in my top 5 for desert island selection.
    I love cologne.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    im not getting longevity with the EDT. Its way too light!
    I'm already going to order the EDP blind. And as always i know i will love it !

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Rich and complex. The coffee bean opening is about as good as it gets!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by crunkjuice View Post
    im not getting longevity with the EDT. Its way too light!
    I'm already going to order the EDP blind. And as always i know i will love it !
    I have that problem with most frags, and the resolution is spray more. From now on I will give at least 4 sprays on my skin, and two on the shirt (6 inches away as to avoid the stain).
    Current Top 5

    1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I have both of them as well, and wear the EDP.

    Congrats on your purchase; I'm thinking you'll like it a lot.

  10. #10
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,509

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Coincidence: I was considering buying this blind also.

    I have only smelled the EdT once and it was from a tester at an airport in Europe. I loved the EdT, I remember - but thought I should save my $ for when I arrived in Europe (which I was happy about later).

    I may still buy this blind. It seems as if it might be easy to sell the bottle here on BN if I don't like it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 19th October 2008 at 09:05 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I only tried EDT....In my opinion is great....good longevity....lovely fragance.....Natural experience in my view....Excellent.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

    William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

    Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    It's now available at beautyencounter.com for 39.90--and, free shipping through early Dec. with NOVSHIP code.
    Last edited by The Bark; 27th November 2008 at 11:01 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    G'day mate. I tried the EDP version early last year in the UK, and wished I purchased it as I have not been able to source it in Australia since.
    The coffee been accord is definitely quite nice. I enjoyed it much more than the EDT for its longevity factor, and just a little bit more refined. Enjoy and thanks for the heads up, I may get it myself from the same site!

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,509

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Update: I did buy the EdP blind. Loved it. I sold 1/2 my bottle (cause I'll never use all of this juice) but I'm very happy with it.

    It fills a void between my Opium Pour Homme EdP (which I love) and A*Men (which I never wear anymore).
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    It's now available at beautyencounter.com for 39.90--and, free shipping through early Dec. with NOVSHIP code.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I just snapped a bottle up.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I sold the EDT when i have been able to get the EDP.

    and actually i loved the EDT before having discovered the former.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

  17. #17

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I never recommend buying anything blind, but of all those that you could, I'd say that the EdP of L'instant is a good one. If you like L'instant, you'll love the Extreme. If you don't, you'll have MORE to dislike in the EdP.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I already get magnificent longevity from the EdT, I fear the EdP would be too heavy on me, but after all the positive comments here, I'll need to try the EdP as well.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

    Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

    Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    L'Instant EDP turned out to be my best blind purchase ever! It works very well with my skin chemistry and lasts a long time too - two sprays to the neck in the morning and one-two "refresh" sprays around noon is enough to keep the scent going all day. This is an outstanding frag, clean, sophisticated, elegant and utterly delicious, I find myself wearing it more often than any other cologne in my wardrobe.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I just had to pull the trigger on this one as well.

    Oddly, I wore L'Instant de Guerlain Homme EDT on Thursday and it was more tart than I had thought before. I got a LOT of bergamot out of it. It also lasted forever. I don't really need a stronger version, but the EDP sounds nice. Plus, I'm starting to get serious about Guerlain in general. Habit Rouge is something I wear regularly. I think I'm going to go with Heritage today.

    Does anyone have an opinion of the L'Instant Cristaux d'Agrumes?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I don't think the EdP is more "heavy" or longer-lasting (thank god!), but just more delicious. On me, the EdT top has a sourness that I don't really like, and the stronger cocoa seems to outweigh that.

    I don't use it too often though - perhaps a bit too much patchouli? - I guess I prefer the softer (read: older, or feminine) Guerlains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I already get magnificent longevity from the EdT, I fear the EdP would be too heavy on me, but after all the positive comments here, I'll need to try the EdP as well.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,509

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just had to pull the trigger on this one as well.

    Oddly, I wore L'Instant de Guerlain Homme EDT on Thursday and it was more tart than I had thought before. I got a LOT of bergamot out of it. It also lasted forever. I don't really need a stronger version, but the EDP sounds nice. Plus, I'm starting to get serious about Guerlain in general. Habit Rouge is something I wear regularly. I think I'm going to go with Heritage today.

    Does anyone have an opinion of the L'Instant Cristaux d'Agrumes?
    Report back when you get it Indie - I'd love to hear what you think about it. I never owned the EdT (just smelled it once and loved it) and I'd love to hear the comparisons from your point of view.

    I have never smelled the L'ICdA, although what I have 'heard' about it was not good (ala, too citrusy).
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  23. #23

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Yesterday I got my bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme Eau De Parfum.

    It's really nice and deep. It does have the signature L'Instant smell, but it's much more complex. In the opening, I get more cinnamon/spice notes than from the original. At times I get flashes of root beer, apple cinnamon oatmeal, chocolate cake, and cough syrup. I know that sounds unpleasant, but in reality it's not. I tested the EDT and EDP next to each on on paper cards, and there were marked differences. The EDT seems a lot lighter in character, but with more luminosity in comparison. The EDP is a bit more oily, rich and lower pitched. I breathe IN and I get root beer and when I EXHALE, I get chocolate. I also get some jasmine in it. Again though, I keep getting a fruity spiced red apple note that reminds me of the one I get from Habit Rouge Legere.

    It's strange when I compare them on skin side by side. The EDT seems harsh and thin, while the EDP seems lush with hint of bitter medicinal notes. I never found the EDT to be thin at all, except in direct comparison to the EDP. The signature of the EDT seems more concise and exact, while the EDP meanders around a lot more in a relaxed fashion.

    I don't know if the EDP will have more sillage than the EDT. It could have less, as with some EDPs. That would be fine with me, as I don't like fragrances that scream, and this one while having more depth, seems to behave nicely on the skin. This is a really good gourmand scent with some refinement. Perfect for a cold evening.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Wow, BeautyEncounter is a great site to order from. I'll be buying from them again.

    I just got my bottle too. It smells FANTASTIC.

  25. #25
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,509

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Yesterday I got my bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme Eau De Parfum.

    It's really nice and deep. It does have the signature L'Instant smell, but it's much more complex. In the opening, I get more cinnamon/spice notes than from the original. At times I get flashes of root beer, apple cinnamon oatmeal, chocolate cake, and cough syrup. I know that sounds unpleasant, but in reality it's not. I tested the EDT and EDP next to each on on paper cards, and there were marked differences. The EDT seems a lot lighter in character, but with more luminosity in comparison. The EDP is a bit more oily, rich and lower pitched. I breathe IN and I get root beer and when I EXHALE, I get chocolate. I also get some jasmine in it. Again though, I keep getting a fruity spiced red apple note that reminds me of the one I get from Habit Rouge Legere.

    It's strange when I compare them on skin side by side. The EDT seems harsh and thin, while the EDP seems lush with hint of bitter medicinal notes. I never found the EDT to be thin at all, except in direct comparison to the EDP. The signature of the EDT seems more concise and exact, while the EDP meanders around a lot more in a relaxed fashion.

    I don't know if the EDP will have more sillage than the EDT. It could have less, as with some EDPs. That would be fine with me, as I don't like fragrances that scream, and this one while having more depth, seems to behave nicely on the skin. This is a really good gourmand scent with some refinement. Perfect for a cold evening.
    Great assessment Indie - I never owned the EdT to compare, but your comments sound spot on about the EdP. I get the medicinal note you're talking about, but only if I over do it with application. If I spray no more than 3 sprays, it never really sours up.

    I compare this to Opium Pour Homme EdP by YSL and Egoiste by Chanel - although all three are different enough to earn a place in my wardrobe.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  26. #26

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Defintiely go with the EDP. The EDT is good, but not really worth the time and money compared to the EDP, which is a crown jewel in my opinion with it's sillage and better longevity. On fragrancenet.com and beautyencounter.com the price is very affordable although it comes in a 2.5 oz at around $40. If you decide to get it, you'll be glad in more ways than one!!

  27. #27

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    I was sampling the two over a week ago and was surprised at how different the two feel. The edp was more gourmand while the edt seemed fresher . I need to test them some more but I think I'd go for the edt as it would work better in the summer - I think

  28. #28

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    The fun thing is, I own the EdT, tried the EdP once. Now I think the EdT is to the EdP, what Tom Ford for Men is to the EdT!

    All almost the same, but watered down.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

    Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

    Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

  29. #29

    Default Re: Ordered Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP blind, yay or nay?

    Hi Everyone

    I was fragrance hunting after Christmas as discover this site. This is my first post and time-permitting I'd like to chat more here.

    Tried Guerlain for men for the first time a couple of weeks back and couldn't decide which one(s) to go for. Eventually I opted for the EDT and now wonder if the EDP wouldn't suit me better. The EDT barely lasts on my skin while the EDP is there over 20 hrs later. I know the EDP is stronger but I'm a little disappointed with the EDT in that it seems so short-lived.


    Best wishes all

Similar Threads

  1. Availability of Guerlain Vetiver Extreme
    By graffham in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 10:24 PM
  2. Is L'Instant Extreme edp on its way to US/CAN?
    By graffham in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th February 2006, 04:47 PM
  3. Guerlain L'Instant EDP Extreme Again!
    By javafudge in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th October 2005, 12:39 AM
  4. L'Instant Extreme EDP -It's here! It's NOT!
    By graffham in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th September 2005, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •