Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Burr gives Diorella 5 stars; No. 18 4 stars & Le Chevrefeuille 3 stars in the NYT

'...For years, Paris has inspired a river of scents, from Evening in Paris (don’t laugh) to Paris, Yves Saint Laurent’s crepuscular rose. There have been literal representations and abstract concepts — and here, for your delectation, are three more...'

Read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2008/...=19scentnotes&
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th October 2008 at 02:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Burr gives Diorella 5 stars; No. 18 4 stars & Le Chevrefeuille 3 stars in the NYT

I might like AG Le Chevrefeuille more if it smelled like the type of honeysuckle I have smelled all my life-- the yellow Japanese honeysuckle so prevalent in Connecticut. Perhaps this perfume is based on a variety of honeysuckle that grows in Europe.

Default Re: Burr gives Diorella 5 stars; No. 18 4 stars & Le Chevrefeuille 3 stars in the NYT

I have to agree on the Diorella five * grading.
    It's an awesome scent.

I think that Diorella is truly a masterpiece, both fresh citrus and rich, funky leather.

Basenotes Institution

I smelled Diorella once. It didn't come across as a five star fragrance when I first smelled it. But then again, most Roudnitska creations don't when I first smell them (Eau de Hermes took many wearings for me to 'get').

What formulations of Diorella are there? Only Eau de Toilette? Is there a parfum or EdP?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th October 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I smelled Diorella once. It didn't come across as a five star fragrance when I first smelled it. But then again, most Roudnitska creations don't when I first smell them (Eau de Hermes took many wearings for me to 'get').

What formulations of Diorella are there? Only Eau de Toilette? Is there a parfum or EdP?
    Only the edt. I believe it's the only formulation there ever was. I remember the original one. My mom had it on her bathroom shelf. It was a big splash bottle with the black & white herringbone band around the middle. It smelled divine, and I was always stealing some. The current one has been reformulated like everything else, but I still love it. Love, love, love Diorella.

I thought I read that Diorella and Coty Muguet de Bois 1942 were very similar frags. That they were mainly lilly of the valley. I have the Coty and love it but the scent does not last long. I think I need to smell the Diorella.

Guess I had Diorissimo and Diorella mixed up. Diorissimo is the ode to lilly of the valley.

Diorissimo is the LOV scent, Diorella is meaty (on me); definitely not a 5/5 for this gal - more for the rest of you!

No 18 is a lovely one, but I don't consider it captivating; I don't disagree with 4/5, but it may be closer to 3/5, IMO.

I don't recall smelling Le Chev by Goutal; in general, that line doesn't hold much interest for me.