Code of Conduct

Default ATTENTION!! CUIRON 1.7 oz $45 at beautyencounter.com

I thought I would let you Cuiron lovers in on this now that I have bought 3 bottles for myself!

Default Re: ATTENTION!! CUIRON 1.7 oz $45 at beautyencounter.com

Wow. Thanks.
    Ordered 2.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Yep, pretty awesome deal. I got my first two bottles yesterday in the mail. They are NIB shrink wrapped and beautiful.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th May 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Yep, pretty awesome deal. I got my first two bottles yesterday in the mail. They are NIB shrink wrapped and beuatiful.
    Well, that's great news. Glad they are the real deal.
    -Slim
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

Thumbs up Re: ATTENTION!! CUIRON 1.7 oz $45 at beautyencounter.com

Thanks man, just ordered me a bottle.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Sur la Plage

Thanks for the info.

And don't forget to use the 10% off code (BESURVEY).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Good for you j_w_s - when I was in Los Angeles traveling, every store I went into I always looked for Cuiron because if I saw it I was going to PM you, since I knew you had been looking for it desperately.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Is it back in production like some of the other scents that have made a comeback recently? We'll wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Good for you j_w_s - when I was in Los Angeles traveling, every store I went into I always looked for Cuiron because if I saw it I was going to PM you, since I knew you had been looking for it desperately.
    Thanks for thinking of me Mike...that is really nice. I think I have enough Cuiron now for my OC to relax.
    It just works well with my skin and all of my friends and coworkers love it on me.

I just saw it on the BE site and thought I was going to break the news!

I wonder if manufacture has resumed.

Blog Entries

actually...i've been hearing that CUIRON is coming back into production.....a friend of mine said he read it somewhere....wikipedia or something, but i couldn't find it.

I was in Nordstrom's today and saw a bottle of Kiehl's Musk EDT. I was shocked how similar the bottle is to Cuiron.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    actually...i've been hearing that CUIRON is coming back into production.....a friend of mine said he read it somewhere....wikipedia or something, but i couldn't find it.
    "A Re-launch of the now discontinued Cuiron For Men cologne is set for the Fall of 2008 by Link Theory Holdings under the brand of Helmut Lang. Proctor & Gamble will be the producer of this new Cuiron Cologne, as they were for the original 2002 version."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_...shion_brand%29 (Look under the heading "Original Fragrances)
    Last edited by nsamadi; 31st May 2008 at 03:47 AM.

I wonder if this is old stock then, or if Fall of 2008 was an estimate and they're early?

Oh my, I was about to list some colognes in the for sale section and my almost half full 1.6 oz bottle was going to be one of them. D'oh!

If these are 1.7 oz, then perhaps this is the new stock since they didn't originally come in 1.7 oz?
    Last edited by atrac; 31st May 2008 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    If these are 1.7 oz, then perhaps this is the new stock since they didn't originally come in 1.7 oz?
    They came in both 1.7 oz and 3.4 oz bottles before. I don't know if there's any truth to the above source, but we'll see.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 31st May 2008 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    They came in both 1.7 oz and 3.4 oz bottles before. I don't know if there's any truth to the above source, but we'll see.
    That's interesting. I have my bottle/box in hand and it says 1.6 oz on it.

But then again it also says 50ml right before that, which normally equals 1.7 oz.

I feel like a HL geek now.
    Last edited by atrac; 31st May 2008 at 04:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post

I feel like a HL geek now.
    well i AM a Helmut Lang geek! and i've got 6 bottles that all say 1.6...plus an open one that says it too

i hope it's changed when Cuiron gets relaunched......because i didn't search so long and hard just to backup bottles you can buy at Sephora!! LOL
    Last edited by everso; 31st May 2008 at 04:11 AM.

I should have said 1.6 oz in my original post and the thread title. This stock at beautyencounter is the original stuff I am almost positive guys/gals.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 31st May 2008 at 04:26 AM.

Sorry...I meant 1.6 oz...also their 100ml bottles I think are 3.3 instead of 3.4.

I thought you were asking if they were ever made in a smaller sized bottle like a 50ml. Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 31st May 2008 at 04:56 AM.

Wow. What's weird is I could have sworn that the BE site also listed them as 1.7 oz, but now I see it says 1.6 oz.

Did they just fix it or are the drugs I took finally working??

At any rate, I think we can all relax now.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    well i AM a Helmut Lang geek! and i've got 6 bottles that all say 1.6...plus an open one that says it too

i hope it's changed when Cuiron gets relaunched......because i didn't search so long and hard just to backup bottles you can buy at Sephora!! LOL

Is it really being relaunched or just wishful thinking?

I doubt it is wishful thinking, the trend has been shocking.

Nicole Miller for Men
    Giorgio Red for Men
    Giorgio Beverly Hills
    Helmut Lang Cuiron

Now only original Balenciaga pour Homme, Bal a Versailles and Patou Pour Homme (and Prive)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

Nicole Miller for Men
    Giorgio Red for Men
    Giorgio Beverly Hills
    Helmut Lang Cuiron
    Certainly easier than coming up with something original and different.

Sorry I don't think this is a relaunch. I think they just found a large stash somewhere. The Giorgio relaunches have a lengthy list of ingredients I think due to new EEU regulations. The Cuiron I got from Beauty Encounter has a very short list of ingredients which would seem to indicate these bottles were made prior to the new regulations.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I spoke with Erica (I think that was her name...) at Beautyencounter yesterday briefly when I placed my order. She confirmed that they were just selling off old stock. She knew it was discontinued, and had no idea if it was going to be reintroduced. She did notice a large number or orders for it yesterday...

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    Refrigerator

I was never really impressed by cuiron, to me it smelled like that powdery smell Kleenex's have....

I might have to take advantage of this... My current bottle is almost gone (due to the fact I have to spray so much of it!), and so a good back-up bottle would be a good idea! I've begun to layer this with CdG Man 2 - I like the combination!
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

you guys are all jerks....i never had a sniff of cuiron but with all your words i had to break the rule i promised i never would...Bilnd buy.

i am a big fan of Kiehl's musk oil and a huge fan of Nasomatto Duro....and from everything you guys say, it seems to be right in line with those two.

i think this exception will be justified.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Blog Entries

Accepfacts,
    Are you thinking Cuiron might be in line smell wise with Kiehl's and Duro? Or are you thinking it might be in line loudness wise? Either way, you are way off.

Hermes' Bel Ami is the closest to Cuiron smell wise in my opinion. Whereas Bel Ami's spiciness is quite sharp and in our face, Cuiron's is quite restrained and comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    you guys are all jerks....i never had a sniff of cuiron but with all your words i had to break the rule i promised i never would...Bilnd buy.

i am a big fan of Kiehl's musk oil and a huge fan of Nasomatto Duro....and from everything you guys say, it seems to be right in line with those two.

i think this exception will be justified.

I just ordered a bottle and a bottle of Kiehl's which was similarly priced. Used the 10% discount code too, can't wait to get them

Oh guys I envy you so much! I'd like to have a bottle of cuiron too but it's almost impossible to find nowadays on the shelves. I really look forward it to be relaunched, possibly in its original formulation with that beautiful medicinal opening note hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Accepfacts,
    Are you thinking Cuiron might be in line smell wise with Kiehl's and Duro? Or are you thinking it might be in line loudness wise? Either way, you are way off.

Hermes' Bel Ami is the closest to Cuiron smell wise in my opinion. Whereas Bel Ami's spiciness is quite sharp and in our face, Cuiron's is quite restrained and comforting.

I really don't think you could classify Bel Ami as smelling like Kleenex's....but Cuiron to me smells like a box of kleenex, no musk, nothing but powdery blandness...

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

Nicole Miller for Men
    Giorgio Red for Men
    Giorgio Beverly Hills
    Helmut Lang Cuiron

Now only original Balenciaga pour Homme, Bal a Versailles and Patou Pour Homme (and Prive)
    Not to mention Montana Parfum D'Homme...

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    you guys are all jerks....i never had a sniff of cuiron but with all your words i had to break the rule i promised i never would...Blind buy.
    Yeah... I'm a lemming, too. Love leather and suede (vintage Lanvin Scandal was a big splurge this past year), so all your talk of this one pushed me right over the edge and into my first blind buy in almost a year. I figure if the Cuiron doesn't end up working on my skin I can always send the bottle to JwS for his stash.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

All gone
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I was retrying this one from a sample I have (I also owned a bottle of it in the past), and although I enjoyed it at first, as my nose got more accustomed to it. I started picking up that artificial note and feel that a lot of people spoke about before (like CDG doing a leather scent???). I got nauseated with it, so I sold my bottle. Sadly, I still feel the same way.

I recently tried the leather based scent in the Armani Prive collection (Cuir Amethyste) and it's like Cuiron on steroids. It's one to look into it.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 14th June 2008 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I was retrying this one from a sample I have (I also owned a bottle of it in the past), and although I enjoyed it at first, as my nose got more accustomed to it. I started picking up that artificial note and feel that a lot of people spoke about before (like CDG doing a leather scent???). I got nauseated with it, so I sold my bottle. Sadly, I still feel the same way.

I recently tried the leather based scent in the Armani Prive collection (Cuir Amethyste) and it's like Cuiron on steroids. It's one to look into it.
    Cuir Amethyste is Cuiron on Steroids? Ummm...no...not to my nose. Cuir Amethyste is Candy Violets with birch to simulate leather? suede?...I owned a bottle of Cuir Amethyste and sold it in January. Way too feminine for me and and too pretty.
    Cuiron is not for everyone...but it doesn't have a lot in common with Cuir Amethyste . Cuir Amethyste lasts a long time and is very nice, but it is not that flattering on a male IMHO. Way too pretty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Cuir Amethyste is Cuiron on Steroids? Ummm...no...not to my nose. Cuir Amethyste is Candy Violets with birch to simulate leather? suede?...I owned a bottle of Cuir Amethyste and sold it in January. Way too feminine for me and and too pretty.
    Cuiron is not for everyone...but it doesn't have a lot in common with Cuir Amethyste . Cuir Amethyste lasts a long time and is very nice, but it is not that flattering on a male IMHO. Way too pretty for me.
    I have a large decant of the Cuir and when I first tried it, I thought of Cuiron, almost a stronger version of it but I might need to retest it. I think there's some similarities, but I'll keep a retest in mind, but I didn't the girly smell. I thought it was actually very unisex and not so flowery as you described. Strange but interesting...
    Last edited by nsamadi; 14th June 2008 at 03:43 AM.

Arrrrrrgh, I want a bottle of this so badly and I don't want to pay a hundred dollars for it! This is one of the best things I've ever run across and of COURSE I miss the boat on it!

well, its fall 2008, and i am disappointed

anyone know if the re-launch is for real, or is it just a hoax to get cuiron prices down?
    Last edited by supracuhz; 19th October 2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    well, its fall 2008, and i am disappointed

anyone know if the re-launch is for real, or is it just a hoax to get cuiron prices down?

i can't really imagine it was a hoax...maybe they're just moving slow with their products? i dunno.....i tried writing an email to Helmut Lang several months ago, but never heard back.

I wonder how many heart attacks the re-appearance of this thread is causing with that title.

not funny

BE's sister site still has this listed as available, but when you try to purchase it, it comes up as not in stock. I didn't realize this post was from May... I picked up a bottle from BE in July and probably got one of the last because it was off the site the next week.

As I wrote on my 'Derby' thread last week, I came across a bottle at one of those mall fragrance stands last week and bought it for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    not funny
    For the record, I'm not the one who revived it!

LOL it was I! Can't wait till April
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!