Code of Conduct

Default My First Time @ Scent Bar

To start things off, Ive only just begun to get into the fragrance world. Its already been about a month and a half since I started to realize that the world of fragrance consisted more than just the new Armani or God forbid, the newest Sean John fragrance. The term "niche" was a new dictionary term that I've just added to my short list of terms. jk!

Since I reside in the Northern Orange County/ Los Angeles border, I finally decided to give Scent Bar a visit; even though Ive passed the location many times before when I was unfamiliar with what a true fragrance was. So after a very long drive (THANKS ALOT LOS ANGELES TRAFFIC!) I finally landed on the street that the Scent Bar was located; however, I chose to go to the Scent Bar the very same day thas LA was having their AIDS walk, so basically the entire street was blocked off and the surrounding neighborhoods required a parking pass. At first, I was thinking "THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING TO ME" but luckily I finally found a metered parking space and snatched it up faster than any BNer snatching up a free bottle of their favorite fragrance. ( I LITERALLY WAS SPEEDING TO GET MY PARKING SPOT BECAUSE IT WAS THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE FOR MILES). After another long walk, I found myself staring through the windows of Scent Bar feelin tears run down my cheeks for I knew what was going to happen in the next hour or so. Ashley; the kindest, nicest, patient, knowledgable Sales Associate that I have ever had the privilege of meeting was working today and basically I told her how it was my very first time etc etc etc. After a short but very entertaining tour around the store, the paper strip testing began with me and Ashley sampling almost everything they had to offer. At first, I was becoming embarrassed because I had used up alot of test strips and I began to feel as if I was staying their longer than I should have but Ashley calmed me down when she said that many others would literally stay the entire day.

Although I didn't pick up anything today ( I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, DEFINITELY COMING BACK NEXT WEEK FOR A PICK UP), the 2.5 hours I spent at the Scent Bar was one of the best moments in my life. I respect the sense of smell more and I respect the world of fragrance more now than I ever did (not saying that I didnt have any respect for it but just more) I respect how Jasmine Sambac or Sampaquita which is the native flower for my country can be turned into pure oil and how a fragrance can be produced.

All I want to say is, I will definitely come back (hoping for a bigger group this time) and Thanks A Lot to Ashley for being so kind and helpful, You Made my Experience even Better! ( I wonder if shes a member of BN?)

-Mark

Happy Sniffing!

Default Re: My First Time @ Scent Bar

That's quite the adventure you had! Thanks for sharing mate

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Morning Star

Default Re: My First Time @ Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by heymynameismark View Post
    ... At first, I was becoming embarrassed because I had used up alot of test strips and I began to feel as if I was staying their longer than I should have but Ashley calmed me down when she said that many others would literally stay the entire day.
    Nawww, that doesn't really happen, does it? I wonder whom she was thinking of?