Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 22 October-08

Good morning everybody. Today seems to be a whole lot better than yesterday even though it's still insanely early! I'm off to work and it' still dark! i'm in the gorgeous Egoiste.Unfortunately I think this scent will be the closest I ever get to Bois des iles : / Well, a nice scent on its own terms non the less! Hope you all have a great day!
    Sote is Aromatics Elexir.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 22nd October 2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 22 October-08

EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FRÉDÉRIC MALLE

Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 22 October-08

Cinnabar by Estee Lauder.
    I even this out a little by wearing The Body Shop Satsuma Body Lotion underneath.
    The orange note makes Cinnabar sing.

I'm trying Jicky today. The sample is one with a little stick, rather than a spray, and I always find it difficult to get the right amount onto my skin with those things.

Long frustrating day today but wearing the gorgeous Love's True Bluish Light. It's starting to wear off so I'm wondering which comfort scent to apply as SotE. Also trying to avoid getting suckered into comfort food.

Twolf, all the best of luck for Oath Day. I'm sure you'll be great and the best smelling person there! We are right behind you!

ComDiva, hope everything is fine and that the mammogram went smoothly.
    Last edited by jillsy; 22nd October 2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: grammar failure

Oh, Jillsy- I know just what you mean.

Scentsister mayner- are your tsitskelech OK ?
    Much more fun to have Senor Husband squoosh 'em instead, alas.
    The tittiyfairy sends kisses !

I'm a-weary.
    To MGH I go- am nearly packed for tomorrow...need birthday presents, little gifties for my sweet hostesses, etc.

I'm in Neil's Dervish- one glorious rose/ patch/amber/vanilla.
    What's NOT to like ???
    Purty, purty.

Hope you're all taking care of yourselves, my dears.

Chaya Dervish sounds lovely and I´m sure it well go well

Today I´m in Lolita Lempicka L
    I´m trying to find a perfume that has a lot of presence and doesnt fade soon and smells nice to the majority.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    Currently wearing: Chypré Fruité by Montale

Basenotes Institution

Eau de L'Occitan by L'Occitane (frst time from a sample - thanks Comdiva!)

heart of ice

I'm wearing Angel today ... I have to go to traffic court later I got a speeding ticket last week.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

L'Or de Torrente: Citrus, pink pepper and rose with a dollop of coffee. An intoxicating mix, elegant and sensual.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

For one of those beautiful bright autumn days: Divine L'Homme de Cœur
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Gonna be CHIWWY today...so breaking out my teeny decant (from TPC - from TPC!) of the smoky, tarry, unbeatable...

...oh! I wish someone would step forward and offer to share a $240 bottle of this totally unique (to me) "Essence of distilled scotch, vetiver root, birch bark" (from LuckyScent)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

chaya, tittyfairy, dervish sounds divine...
    shades, do you really think that angel is going to help you drive more slowly????
    me, second full wearing of Ta'if...LOVE this stuff...I am utterly infatuated.
    have a lovely day,
    blessings from the buttfairy
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

There are way too many anatomical fairies floating around today.
    shadesofbleu, is going to court on your first full day of being a moderator any way to set an example?
    chaya have a splendiferous time at the Fall Ball.
    Today I am wearing:

Guerlain Derby

I've been waiting a while to try this one and what is nice is it isn't disappointing. Since this is the new formulation I was worried it wouldn't be so good. No worries as this is right up there with Knize Ten as an excellent leather scent on me. What is nice about Derby is there is a little more complexity in the top which is quite powdery but has a hint of mint to it as well. The transition from rose into leather as we move from heart to base is seamless and eye-opening. I will now be very interested to try the vintage formulation and see if I think it is better. This one is so good I'm hard pressed to believe the vintage can be that much better.
    Have a great day everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Derby sounds wonderful, SMM. I wish I could get my husband interested in fragrances. He would smell great in my SotD:

Montale's Boisé Vanillé, from a sample. Not a foody, sweet vanilla, this is a woodsy spicy incensy sexy composition with just a hint of sweetness. If you like Estee Lauder's Sensuous but find it too sugary, you will definitely like this one. It's a tad too manly smelling for me, but it smells too good to resist. Dangerous for me to try these Montales! Notes: lemon, geranium, bergamot, lavender, cedar leaves from Canada, Jamaican pepper, iris, patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Ricci Club - Nina Ricci

Showered off and feeling less stressed now so decided to try the new Avon Bond Girl 007. I'm not a fan since there's a synthetic in the middle-base that I dislike which is also in NR for Her, SJP Lovely, Tous Touch, Ramon Molvizar Musk Goldskin Oriental (and others I've forgotten). I hazarded a guess at this being Cashmeran, and seeing "Cashmere woods" as one of the basenotes only reinforces this belief in my mind. The small amount of sillage it produces, however, smells rather caramelly and yummy.

SL Cedre today.

Need help.

Tomorrow evening, I am meeting up with an ex-boyfriend who has had a really important influence in my life. This is the guy who encouraged me to go to graduate school and who I was supposed to marry when I got out. The story would take a novel.

We've been communicating off and on since we last saw each other (about 6 years ago). The last meeting was.....uncomfortable. He wants to see me while I am in town.

I haven't been this nervous since my last blind date (which was probably 5 years ago).

What the hell do I wear!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Parure edt BLEH!! It's just not for me!

Twins with Jillsy in LOVE'S TRUE BLUISH LIGHT

Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque

Ooooh Sakecat! Well, what message do you want to convey? Need just a tad more info...

There is a light frost on the lawn this AM, and the thermometer reads at only 34 degrees (F)!
    Time to break out the winter faves....I will be basking in the yummy comfort of Luten's Un Bois Vanille!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

SMM, I still remember your picture-puzzle for Derby. I am surprised that you've not tried it before. I guess, with seeing that puzzle, I thought you'd had it in your repertoire for a while.

Ailuros, I prefer sprayers over dabbers as well.

Wearing Rose-Oil-Without-A-Name again.

sakecat: Bandit but if you don´t have that I´d go for anything that makes you feel confident and assertive.
    Clothes wise, anything that feels like you and maybe a little assertive
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Ailuros, we're scent twins in Jicky! (Tell me, am I your first twin? I'd be honored.)

Sharing the house with SMM. (Hey, guy, funny story: While walking through the industrial yard next door, we saw a handwritten sign on a dead-ended piece of equipment: BAD HOSE. Ha, now the song's stuck in your head.)

Today: Laundry, housekeeping, suitcase packing. :wave: Bye
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

SotD is Aramis.

Top Notes
    Bergamot Oil.

Middle Notes
    Clary Sage, Myrtle Oil, Clove Bud Oil.

Base Notes

Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Tree Moss.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Quarry, yes, you're my first twin . Nice to meet you :wave:.

Bois des Iles on a chilly cloudy morning. This evening I'm eating out so I'll sample "Dans tes Bras"; I'm looking forward to it.

Ubu: that may be my problem. I'm in a happy relationship now. Don't particularly want to go back to him. But I still want to be seen as desireable.

We've got a long history of "Mexican Hat Dancing".

I guess for more info - his signature scent for me was Hypnotic Poison. For whatever reason, I'm not entirely sure I want to wear that because I feel like a pretty different person from the one who wore that at that time (though I still wear and love the scent).

Like the idea of Bandit - but I haven't worn the decant Taolady was kind enough to send yet. Not so sure how it's going to react on my skin. I think I want to go with something a bit more predictable.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Try it out a little now, just a drop. Dont wear Hypnotic Poison, that might seem to him that you are wearing it for him..you can be confident and attractive but you dont want to give the guy the idea that you are still available for him right?