Code of Conduct

Default FYI: Dior Homme Intense in stock at Strawberrynet, now in 100ml

I've been wanting to get myself a backup of DHI because it was a limited release, only to find out that every retailer was backordered, and retailers that had stock were charging around $125.

Strawberrynet now has 50ml and 100ml DHI EdP in stock for $55/$75. If you're like me and wanted to stock up, here is an opportunity.

Default Re: FYI: Dior Homme Intense in stock at Strawberrynet, now in 100ml

Thanks for the heads-up. Could you describe how the intense version differs to the original (which I very much like).
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

As far as i know DHI was only release in a 50ml bottle?

Thanks for the info, I love you!
    (I've gone through 5 bottles so far. Sad, isn't it?)

But what is really GREAT is that it's now in a 100ml format for people like me.
    Last edited by graffham; 23rd October 2008 at 03:10 AM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

As far as I knew, it was only available in 50ml, but they're selling 100ml bottles... I know Strawberrynet is SE Asia (hong kong?) based, so they must have access to stock not yet available in the US. Perhaps this is a new production run? I'm not sure (but I hope it's not a screw up!).

As to how it's different - I find that it's less powdery and has a little more oomph with regard to some of the basenotes and background notes. It also lasts much, much, longer. Some people have said that it's more gourmand then original Dior Homme, and I suppose this is true to an extent. I love both versions, and I'd began to despair that I'd never find another Intense bottle for under $125.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. Could you describe how the intense version differs to the original (which I very much like).
    Intense is sweeter and iris is toned way down. Not as nice as the original but still a fine scent.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

The Dior Homme Intense bottle must be just awesome in 100ml format.

Quote Originally Posted by vitorscpaiva View Post
    The Dior Homme Intense bottle must be just awesome in 100ml format.
    You know, I wasn't even going to buy the 100ml bottle until I thought exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Intense is sweeter and iris is toned way down. Not as nice as the original but still a fine scent.
    Thanks manicboy. The iris is where the magic's at for me.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

If anyone sees the 100ml Intense in the shops please get a pix of it. I've just emailed Dior about this new size and they are usually very good about replying.

I'm starting to get fidgety here as I am now ENTIRELY out of the Intense................
    Last edited by graffham; 24th October 2008 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    If anyone sees the 100ml Intense in the shops please get a pix of it. I've just emailed Dior about this new size and they are usually very good about replying.

I'm starting to get fidgety here as I am now ENTIRELY out of the Intense................
    My bottle has already shipped - I'll post a pic when it gets here if you don't get a reply first.

Should I write to StrawberryNet for more info? Maybe a picture? I doubt they would list and sell the wrong product. They're usually pretty up on things, and they've been known to carry the more obscure products and sizes.

Yes, please, kindly ask them for a photo of the two sizes to get us drooling.
    Have a great weekend.

I am glad they are bottling large sizes of this "stuff" to clear out the back stock to make more room for Dior Homme Sport!

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I am glad they are bottling large sizes of this "stuff" to clear out the back stock to make more room for Dior Homme Sport!
    LOL.... you're just jealous that Dior Homme Sport isn't in 100ml bottles! Now that's a fragrance that, if you like, you should stock up on because once they realize it's a flop they'll stop making it.

Seriously - Is it a flop? Does anyone know if it's been selling well as Sephora?

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Seriously - Is it a flop? Does anyone know if it's been selling well as Sephora?
    i asked my friend who works at the local boots how much of it they've sold. 4 bottles in 4 weeks. how much of the normal dior homme had they sold? 2 bottles. he said they usually only sell dior homme to people that already buy it, but these people were 'new' to the fragrance. i'd love to know how well it's been going in the larger stores in the city, but i wont ask them
    but i guess the big NEW sign above the sport creates a "halo effect" to highlight the superior dior homme

LOL.... you're just jealous that Dior Homme Sport isn't in 100ml bottles! Now that's a fragrance that, if you like, you should stock up on because once they realize it's a flop they'll stop making it.

Its not a flop it seems to be doing very well - it has the right blend of citrus/aqua that mass market consumer is use to.

Dior Homme was too floral/powdery if it would sell it would be for a unique few but hey Joe Six Pack is not going to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Its not a flop it seems to be doing very well - it has the right blend of citrus/aqua that mass market consumer is use to.

Dior Homme was too floral/powdery if it would sell it would be for a unique few but hey Joe Six Pack is not going to wear it.
    I'm glad to hear it's doing OK - seriously, I like Dior even though I don't like DHS. While it's true Dior Homme wouldn't appeal to someone looking for something super-masculine, it's been a commercial success - otherwise they wouldn't keep putting out different versions under the same name (cologne, intense, sport) Plus, 'Joe Six Pack' doesn't shop at Sephora anyway

I had an idea - maybe the 100ml size is a tester? The SN website says it's selling them unboxed. Intense must have been sold at retail somewhere, right? And if they sold it at retail it makes sense they'd use testers? Just a theory. We'll all know in a few days.

Today I could try it at last. Much sweeter than the original, for me the resemblance to Guerlain L'Instant eau de parfum is obvious. And albeit the iris is a bit muted down, it is there all along. I sprayed it 10 hours before, and still it lingers.
    For me much more wearable for a man than the original or the Cologne version.
    Last edited by Sandy; 25th October 2008 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Today I could try it at last. Much sweeter than the original, for me the resemblance to Guerlain L'Instant eau de parfum is obvious. And albeit the iris is a bit muted down, it is there all along. I sprayed it 10 hours before, and still it lingers.
    For me much more wearable for a man than the original or the Cologne version.
    Im with you on the resemblance to L'instant EDP but i think is different enough to own both. definitely more wearable for man than the original. i love it. its a compliment monster.

Has anyone actually purchased a 100 (or 50) ml from StrawberryNet? I ordered a 50 ml which arrived today wrapped in bubble wrap. It doesn't seem to last on my skin as much as the other one I have (i.e. I cant smell it there about 1/2 hour after), but boy am I getting a whiff of it from somewhere, so it must be good! Maybe my nose has just stopped smelling it.

I'd be curious as to whether the 100ml is just as good or not, although no reason why it wouldn't.

I ordered the 100ml. It has not yet arrived... where do you live and how long did it take to arrive from Hong Kong?

I'm in Melbourne Australia AKA Down Under. I ordered it Saturday or Sunday, and it was here on the following Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMelb View Post
    I'm in Melbourne Australia AKA Down Under. I ordered it Saturday or Sunday, and it was here on the following Thursday.
    Can you post a picture of your bottle?

This is the 50 ml bottle. The labelling on the bottom is etched on rather than a sticker, so don't know if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMelb View Post
    This is the 50 ml bottle. The labelling on the bottom is etched on rather than a sticker, so don't know if that means anything.

Thanks for the picture..was hoping that you bought the 100ml bottle.

We're on day 9 since ordering and still no 100ml DHI :-(

Guess it takes a while to get from Hong Kong to Texas...

We're on day 9 since ordering and still no 100ml DHI :-(

Guess it takes a while to get from Hong Kong to Texas...
    parcel usually takes 5-7 days from hk to california
    so i guess your parcel will be there very soon..

dont forget to post the pic once you got it, i'd like to see it as well

Just got my 3 100ml bottles. will post pictures in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NELSON29 View Post
    Just got my 3 100ml bottles. will post pictures in a bit.
    How long did it take to receive? I'm going on my 11th day and still nothing.
    Last edited by bbBD; 3rd November 2008 at 08:48 PM.

How long did it take to receive? I'm going on my 11th day and still nothing.
    I ordered it on the 22nd. im pretty sure you'll get yours tomorrow or wednesday.

Arrived today... I don't have my cell camera with me, otherwise I'd post the photo now.

Will do it later.

Forgot to post the pic.. Here it is!!!i love the big bottle.

Thank you!

By the way, I also asked bbBD, did any of you in North America get hit with any duty fees or customs charges?

Happy Day!
    Last edited by graffham; 5th November 2008 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Thank you!

By the way, I also asked bbBD, did any of you in North America get hit with any duty fees or customs charges?

Happy Day!
    I PM'd you, but for the rest of the board - no - no extra fees. StrawberryNet declared 'cosmetics' and the retail value on the customs form.

Hi,

As a long time basenotes reader, I felt the urge to become a first time poster, when I noticed some larger perfume chains (in both Italy and Germany) have started selling Dior Homme Intense again!

This is a picture of the new 100ml boxed edition at Douglas in Germany. According to the sales agent I spoke, this still is a limited edition unfortunately.

Lovely photo. I just scored two of the 100ml from one of our esteemed basenoters on ebay. I had always felt that the 50ml was just too small and then low and behold**shazaam!**

If you remember that the Guerlain L'Instant edp Extreme was supposed to be a limited edition and it has been available for 3 or 4 years then there is reason to have hope. It is still found throughout the EU and many duty frees but not North America.

So I think the edp will remain a fixture in the Dior Homme line-up.
    Last edited by graffham; 7th November 2008 at 09:50 PM.

I've been wanting to try this one out as Dior Homme was my all time favorite. Is there anyone out there willing to sell me a decant to try out? I can send $ through paypal. Let me know!

According to the company I work for, Dior Homme Intense has been "reinstated" and will be relaunched in December. I'm not sure what that means long-term, but I like that it's been brought back!
    I've already seen the 100ml in the department stores here.

Just got my 1.7 oz from Strawberrynet.com and it is the original Dior Homme eau de toilette. Anyone else have tis problem with them. I just sent them an e-mail. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Just got my 1.7 oz from Strawberrynet.com and it is the original Dior Homme eau de toilette. Anyone else have tis problem with them. I just sent them an e-mail. Thanks.
    That blows... from what I've heard from other BNers they'll just credit your account and not make you send back the first bottle.

And PS - the 100ml DHI is no longer in stock at SN. Gotta move quick with DHI...
    Last edited by bbBD; 24th December 2008 at 08:43 PM.

less powdery... I've gotta go out and try it.

Out of curiosity, for those who have dealt with Strawberrynet, have you tried to get in touch with them? I have tried two e-mails and called but the number they have on their paperwork was to the District Attorney. As mentioned previously, ordered Dior Homme Intense and they sent me the origianl Dior Homme. It is getting frustrating.

I have had a few dealings with them. All were nothing but good experiences. Perhaps you can't get hold of them because of the holidays? Don't know. From memory, you have up to 3 months to contact them and have your issue resolved. So my advise is wait for a few more days. If they don't respond after that and as a last resort, you can always return the product to them and ask your credit card issurer for a chargeback.

Search the threads for a thread on vintage Hermes Equipage - I remember someone had a similar problem with SN not getting back to them right away, but they ended up with both a bottle and a refund.

I would make sure they still have the 50ml DHI in stock before you end up with a second bottle of the original.