Code of Conduct

Default Cuba vs. Cubano Fragrances

Ok, what's the deal with these? Other than having similar names and both being shaped like a cigar, they are both companies that offer fragrances for really cheap prices. I bought Cubano Gold from Marshalls and it's ok. Pretty heavy stuff. I briefly tested Le Male before on a paper strip and smelled strong vanilla and Cubano Gold reminded me of it when I sprayed it. Is Cubano Gold or Cuba Gold the one people are referring that smells like Le Male? Seems like there is only a directory for Cuba Paris and not Cubano. People, like myself, are leaving reviews for Cuba Gold when perhaps we want to leave a review for Cubano because they say that they bought this stuff cheap at Marshalls and I don't think I've ever seen Cuba Paris in Marshalls. Am I the only one confused between the two companies? Any insights?

Cuba Gold

http://tinyurl.com/5kuj6t

Cubano Gold

http://tinyurl.com/6qcrfn
    Last edited by Ronin; 23rd October 2008 at 06:57 AM.

Default Re: Cuba vs. Cubano Fragrances

I've tried the Cuba ones, and one Cubano I smelled on paper quickly. I don't remember which Cubano it was, but it smelled exactly like Cuba Red (pungent spicy cedar, perhaps with a touch of citrus). Blue is a light fougere, probably like CK Be. Gold you know about. Orange is similar to Dunhill Desire but not as strong. Black was interesting but didn't last long so I sold it off, and don't want to speculate about it since I understood a lot less than I do now. I'd be curious to know if Black was a copy of anything. Red seemed to be a Burberry London copy.

Has anyone tried both Cubano Gold __AND__ Cuba Gold, and can verify whether or not they have the exactly same odor? Thanks.

I have Cuba Gold and Cubano Gold, They both smell exactly the same and like Le Male. They are different companies. Cuba is made in France and Cubano is made in Italy. I bouoght Cubano from Marshall's and Cuba from Perfumania.

I wonder if all the colors match up then. However, I think Cubano has a copper one but Cuba does not.

Quote Originally Posted by farno View Post
    I have Cuba Gold and Cubano Gold, They both smell exactly the same and like Le Male. They are different companies. Cuba is made in France and Cubano is made in Italy. I bouoght Cubano from Marshall's and Cuba from Perfumania.
    Thanks for confirming.

I just bought Cubano Gold at Marshalls today for $7, it smells very similar to Le Male to me, but on my skin I would say it's even better. A good comparison would be Halston Unbound to Acqua Di Gio.

Blog Entries

Sorry for bumping this old topic, this is the first thread that appeared on search results.

Reason why I bumped is because of two questions. First one has been answered above (difference between Cuba Gold and Cubano Gold). And the second one is below....

Is Cubano Gold a safe blind buy?

I know it smells like Le Male but I haven't tried it yet. Based on reviews and posts here, it smells sweet and great. Currently, Amazon's price for Cubano Gold is a good deal, and I can combine it with other items so shipping is free.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if you enjoy Le Male, than I'd say it's a safe buy. Also, you might check out Perry Ellis 360 White. It's another excellent copy of Le Male and can also be had very cheaply.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Yeah, if you enjoy Le Male, than I'd say it's a safe buy. Also, you might check out Perry Ellis 360 White. It's another excellent copy of Le Male and can also be had very cheaply.
    Thanks for your reply. I got the chance to go to Sephora and tried Le Male. While it smells good, I just don't think it is for me.

I went to another store and compared it to Cuba Gold; they smelled similar, but Le Male is stronger and it lasts longer.