Code of Conduct

Thread: Dior Jules

Default Dior Jules

Does anyone know this is still sold / in production in France and not discontinued? Or reintroduced?

The old bottle:

The new bottle:

How does the new formula in the new bottle smell?

It's still sold here:

http://www.marionnaud.fr/commun/bout...tId=&rappel=ok

And here:

http://www.cadeaux-avenue.com/jules-...ffrir-5200.htm

Default Re: Dior Jules

I remember the old dark brown dimpled bottle, it was cute. I used it up long ago and don't know much about it since then. The old juice was an 1980's powerhouse, dark and spicy-leather I think. I wonder if anyone has more recent news.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by odysseusm; 23rd October 2008 at 01:19 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

It's still for sale - although in very limited chanels - in the US. I imagine that means it's still available in France as well..... perhaps the Dior boutique in Paris would know?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I remember the old dark brown dimpled bottle, it was cute. I used it up long ago and don't know much about it since then. The old juice was an 1980's powerhouse, dark and spicy-leather I think. I wonder if anyone has more recent news.
    Cheers,
    I haven't had a chance to try the old dark bottle, but the new one is "1980's powerhouse, dark and spicy-leather" as well!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

AromiErotici

One of my favorites hands down !!! Gritty,edgy and awesome juice. Almost borderline dirty. I've picked up a few of the older 10ml bottles and have been looking for a FB that isn't demanding a ransom.

PerfumeEmporium has it for about $125 -

I wore Jules as my SOTD last week (from a TPC decant) and I liked the smoky leatheryness of it - it didn't last all that long. I'd been thinking about getting a bottle but after wearing I'm happy with my decant.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    PerfumeEmporium has it for about $125 -

I wore Jules as my SOTD last week (from a TPC decant) and I liked the smoky leatheryness of it - it didn't last all that long. I'd been thinking about getting a bottle but after wearing I'm happy with my decant.
    Yea......my small bottles are fine too. I love the scent ( wife hates it) but I only get about 2-2.5 hours after healthy sprays.

Don't know if the newer bottles have better longevity.

It is a leatherish - spicy EdT.

I still have an unfinished (original) bottle, bought back in the 1980's, I seldom use it: it is a fragrance worth buying if you are into this hobby, but I would not recommend it for social occasions.

I remember it was quite strong in terms of longevity and sillage. Not anymore, guess aging must be the reason. However, I can't perceive time having any effect in its notes.

Not my favorite, but I can't deny it is way original.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I have bought it in the U. S. at Neiman Marcus, a large department store. If it can be bought here, I'm sure it must be on sale in Europe also. It's really a great men's scent, I agree.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Jules is available in almost every Sephora and Marionnaud shop in France.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 23rd October 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Jules is available in almost every Sephora and Marionnaud shop in France.

Have you seen it in a NYC Sephora? I look here and there from time to time, and have never seen it anywhere.

I haven't seen it in a US store for years, but it's all over France. Although admirable for its intensity and uniquenes, Jules is not my cup of tea. I do think it's just as "dirty" as MKK and others always mentioned as being overtly sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Have you seen it in a NYC Sephora? I look here and there from time to time, and have never seen it anywhere.
    The only place I've seen it in the US is Neiman Marcus San Francisco. Which is odd, I know.

I'm wearing Jules from the new bottle today and it is simply fantastic. I understand that my Basenotes brothers above find it short lasting, but I'm in six shots since this morning--16 or so hours ago--and I still smell it fine on me. Don't know if there's a cloud around me, but I think it's got to be powerful. I'm really loving it. Had to post a praise to this thread.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Thanks for your information DustB I have to buy this one next year!

smeller

I bought a sample, and wisely decided not to purchase a bottle. Based only in the reviews, sounded like I would love: leatherish, dark, dirty, somewhat green. I really wanted to like this one. But the actual smell was not the beast I expected.

As a coincidence, I did sprayed it once in my wrist some days ago, just to study its development. More wearable and pleasant than before, but still not worth the investiment, as there are better options to my taste. The longevity is ok.

Bottom line: not a safe blind buy, if you ask me.

Just an FYI, Jules is one of those 'different wearing then smelling on the wrist'. The aroma is gives off when worn is much easier to appreciate then on the wrist, where is smells very herbal and pungent.

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Just an FYI, Jules is one of those 'different wearing then smelling on the wrist'. The aroma is gives off when worn is much easier to appreciate then on the wrist, where is smells very herbal and pungent.
    I agree to you that there is a difference when spraying on the wrist, and I will consider a fuller wearing in the future. But there are a lot of scents that I loved from a little wrist spray, and my first impression got positively confirmed in a proper wear. Usually the not-so-good impression on the wrist doesn't turn to love so easily, in my experience.

I think Jules is a marvellous frag (I've owned a couple of 5ml mini bottles) and - thanks to this thread - my boss (who's French) is going to pick up a full size bottle for me the next time get takes a trip home!
    Last edited by egrorian; 26th November 2008 at 09:42 PM.