Code of Conduct

Default Obsession Night - Today's Inexpensive Purchase

I was wandering through one of our chain stores - Big W - today, when I came across their fragrance section. They were selling a gift set of Obsession Night containing 125ml bottles of each of the EDT and aftershave splash for A$40.

Which was cheap enough for me, especially as I'd already bought a single bottle of it for the same price a while back, only to discover when I finally went to wear it that it was the woman's version I'd picked up by mistake. My wife really liked her new bottle.
    Renato

Default Re: Obsession Night - Today's Inexpensive Purchase

This stuff can also be found really cheap at some stores in the U.S. like Marshalls. I believe a 75 ml bottle is $19.99. Seems to get decent reviews but I'm afraid that the longevity may not be great. I'm also much more interested in buying other fragrances that I have yet to test to seriously consider buying this one.
    Last edited by Ronin; 23rd October 2008 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    This stuff can also be found really cheap at some stores in the U.S. like Marshalls. I believe a 75 ml bottle is $19.99. Seems to get decent reviews but I'm afraid that the longevity may not be great. I'm also much more interested in buying other fragrances that I have yet to test to seriously considering buying this one.
    Ah, but I'm a scrounger. That's my hobby - picking up anything with some quality that's going cheap. And while I usually complain about scents with poor longevity, it is much better getting them cheap than at full price.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 23rd October 2008 at 02:44 PM.

I remember liking this one quite a bit actually. I want to test it once more but I think I might pick up a bottle as a sort of fresh, semi-sexy summer night out scent.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

My bro wears the women's version of this.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

yack, a horrible frag The original is one of the most legendary and uniqe frags out there, but obsession night,, no god.. smells like coconut suncream and last 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    yack, a horrible frag The original is one of the most legendary and uniqe frags out there, but obsession night,, no god.. smells like coconut suncream and last 10 minutes
    I agree it was an insult to the Obsession name plate. Also not one of Calvin's hot marketing items either.

I picked up a bottle of the aftershave. I really like it. The leathery suede base is very masculine yet soft. Couple that with the pear note and this is a great fragrance (especially for the cheapo price).
    Last edited by danho; 23rd October 2008 at 02:09 PM.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    My bro wears the women's version of this.
    The women's one isn't overly feminine. I remember when I sprayed the incorrect bottle on me that I had to think about it for a few minutes whether it was feminine or masculine.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    I agree with you that anything like Obsession it definitely is not.
    But for what it is, it seems pretty good to me. Also, it lasts longer than Euphoria on me.
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

I love the top notes of ON. They almost rival Black Orchid by Tom Ford in terms of sweetness, strangeness and darkness. But these fade very quickly and I don't like where they end up as much.

I don't think this is as horrible as some other CK releases (CKIN2U for Him, Calvin Klein Man) but I can't imagine reaching for it over some other stuff in my wardrobe.

I tried this at TJ Maxx the other day... It reminded me a little too much of Armani Code (which I already have), so I ruled it out.

$20 for 100 ml is a great deal though.

How does it compare to Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts ?