Code of Conduct

Default New Tommy Hilfger "Hilfiger" at Macys

I did an advanced title search and did not see this mentioned yet. Anyone try it. I got a free sample from the SA at Macys today and got a whiff but not enough to make a judgement. In fact it is drying in my car. I don't even see the ad for it on their site.

Its called

Hilfiger and has on the bottle . EST. 1985. Cool bottle
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th August 2008 at 12:36 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Smile Re: New Tommy Hilfger at Macys

I'll try it tomorrow, which Macy's did you go to??
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Default Re: New Tommy Hilfger at Macys

Pic here.

Sur la Plage

Last edited by petruccijc; 14th August 2008 at 03:54 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hilfiger is an aromatic fougere; the notes feature bergamot, mandarin, pink grapefruit, juniper, rosemary, papaya, curcuma, mahogany wood, white tea rose, warm skin accord, suede, sandalwood, cistus, tonka bean, cashmere wood and patchouli.
    Man there is a lot going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    I'll try it tomorrow, which Macy's did you go to??
    Memorial City Mall. My house is closer to the Galleria but I work out off the Beltway and I-10. They are always beyond nice to me there. I got samples of this and D&G The One without even asking and they have those two, the new Perry Ellis, Armani Diamonds, etc. They let you wander and spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man's Hand View Post
    Man there is a lot going on here.
    Yeah I can't make too many comments on a quick smell but the card I still have seems to come off as a very light scent. I have the sample with me now but haven't decided to give it a full try yet. The drydown on the card though is much more different than the usual Tommy citrus bombs....though I might be the only 38 year old that things the original Tommy smells pretty fresh and good.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th August 2008 at 12:33 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: New Tommy Hilfger "Hilfiger" at Macys

By the way, the sample they gave me is a pretty cool little bubble. I guess this is the image they are going for

Last edited by ToughCool; 14th August 2008 at 12:38 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Pic here.
    This is funny. Rereading this because i just put it on...Macy's need proofreaders

Rich Mahogany Resin and Pepperwood ass a touch of sophistication to the spicy effects of Black Pepper, Curcuma and Absinthe

By the way, it is early but I get Pepper from the start. Spicy pepper. Right now it has cooled down to a pleasant, almost smooth suede I'm assuming. Its early but this is definitely not their typical stuff.

I also, if this keeps going like this, might have to buy some. I've been busting my tail to find a basic designer type fragrance besides my Bulgari Aqua and Burberry London and this smells nice to an uneducated nose like mine.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th August 2008 at 06:33 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Disappointing developments...............

The drydown isn't the woods they promised or something more mature to me. It had a quick phase of it. Right now the drydown is your typical CKOne(a woman at my office even guessed that when smelling it) scent. I get more citrus than I get wood and 2 hours later it is fading fast

Overall it isn't bad and it tries but my limited time here has taught me that this one will get crucified by the experienced noses here but liked by those wanting a scent that is good but in the regular fare. I like it but it isn't original with the exception of its start and middle...things I wished had stayed longer.
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

I tried this at Macys. It seems to be your typical, fresh, innocuous, aquatic, designer fragrance - certainly nothing special. Smells to me like something that would come out of the Tommy Bahama Set Sail series. I'm sure it will be at Marshalls/TJ Maxx later this year
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

"The heart of the sent possesses an adventurous sensuality. Rich Mahogany Resin and Pepperwood ass a touch of sophistication to the spicy effects of Black Pepper, Curcuma and Absinthe. "

Pepperwood Ass? what the hell kind of fragrance note is THAT?????

Anything that comes from Tommy Hilfiger/Lauder is crap not even worth my attention -
    Last edited by scentimus; 16th August 2008 at 11:20 PM.

My local Macys has this... didn't bother trying it as the fragrance stand was enveloped by a bunch of college age kids, plus my favorite SA wasn't working. I did manage to try D&G The One, which is new to that Macys and for whatever reason, I had yet to try it. A nice enough scent, especially through dry down, but incredibly low-power. Three sprays on my arm barely gave off much scent.

!

I'm so hoping for a Hilfiger scent that is worthy enough to add to my wardrobe - for my BF's sake. The only one that I'm interested in is "Athletics" (which he adores), and it's no longer available here or anywhere else for that matter.

Maybe I shouldn't get him another sporty, citrus, blablabla offering? Maybe I need to get Kouros?

A dud. This wasn't even an attempt at making something decent. Tommy 10 was 10 times better than tthis and it wasn't even that good. I think its tanking at Macys too. I went to try it and as soon as I touched the tester (which was in a chasm of emptiness with hoards of customers flocked around every OTHER fragrance tester) a mob of SAs quietly huddled around me wincing. I almost broke out laughing.

Cheers,
    Al

I tried it today, and it was fairly pleasant in the beginning but it quickly developed into nothing special, very generic to my nose >.>

I was at my local department store and overheard the associates talking. They were moving the Tommy Hilfiger clothing line to a clearance rack. I heard one of them say "Hilfer is now exclusive at Macy's, what uppity bastards! Oh well, their line looks like cheap wanna-be clothing."

Just thought I'd share.

I actually really liked Tommy. Too bad I won't be able to get to try "Hllfiger" until it get s tossed into the bins marked "Ross/TJMaxx/Marshall's"

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I was at my local department store and overheard the associates talking. They were moving the Tommy Hilfiger clothing line to a clearance rack. I heard one of them say "Hilfer is now exclusive at Macy's, what uppity bastards! Oh well, their line looks like cheap wanna-be clothing."

Just thought I'd share.

I actually really liked Tommy. Too bad I won't be able to get to try "Hllfiger" until it get s tossed into the bins marked "Ross/TJMaxx/Marshall's"
    I'm with you. It is panned alot but I liked the freshness of it when it came out. Brings back memories
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post

Just thought I'd share.

I thought that moving Hilfiger to Macy's was a downgrade, not being uppity! I don't think that high end establishments would even bother with TH, which is cheap copy-cat clothing

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    A dud. This wasn't even an attempt at making something decent. Tommy 10 was 10 times better than tthis and it wasn't even that good. I think its tanking at Macys too. I went to try it and as soon as I touched the tester (which was in a chasm of emptiness with hoards of customers flocked around every OTHER fragrance tester) a mob of SAs quietly huddled around me wincing. I almost broke out laughing.

Cheers,
    Al
    Yeah when I was at Macys the SAs wouldn't even steer people towards it and were more interested in The One, Emporio Diamonds and Versace Pour Homme.
    --Ben Hogan

Has anyone tried the tommy bahama summer 2008 fragrance? it's the one with the blue stripes on the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Has anyone tried the tommy bahama summer 2008 fragrance? it's the one with the blue stripes on the bottle
    You'll probably get more feedback if you start a new thread. Tommy Hilfiger <> Tommy Bahama

i actually tried this fragrance today at macys and i must say its actually very nice. reminds me of a scent from the 90's i cant quite put my nose on..but none the less very nice scent. again dont hate cuz its not niche!!!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    i actually tried this fragrance today at macys and i must say its actually very nice. reminds me of a scent from the 90's i cant quite put my nose on..but none the less very nice scent. again dont hate cuz its not niche!!!!
    lol
    I actually made this point above. There is nothing wrong with it per se but it is a similar CK drydown. My problem was that it promised woods and a more mature drydown and it was still a CK type citrus to me. I think all Hilfigers kind of go that way. But it wasn't bad, just not what they promise to me. As I said, some discerning noses won't like it and others will find it nice. I just don't think the market will be there for it. I don't have any niche by the way except one I traded for here.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 21st August 2008 at 12:50 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

this is really good and long lasting on me...
    I don't like ANYTHING Hilfiger has...except this...
    I'm definitely gonna get it...for me...it just works..
    there ain't no since in fighting it

i live in Houston too....i work Downtown,i will go to the Macys in downtown Houston tomorrow...

Ok, I put on my Hilfiger sample last night and.....not good. I may as well re-iterate what Tough-Cool said above.

I was not really expecting much, as I know now that most bottles from the Dept. Shop counter are sub-par, but this was something else. The opening was "pleasant" fruit/citrus/fresh/modern. Several minutes later, it developed into something that I disliked. It may be the violet ( I hate violet scents), but it was a note that bothered me. As well, the juice itself does not last at all. I'd say it has ridiculous "wear". To be honest, if I bought this I would feel like I was scammed. But generally, most perfume wearers won't notice. This is marketed towards the masses.

I remember when I made the rare trip to the fragarence counter, the SA was beaming about this. She was nice, not snooty like the others, so I gave her my attention as she took me over to Canali Summer Night ( her fav) and then to Sean John Unforgivable. She glowed about them, and gave me a certain "look" when I questioned Unforgivables cheap smell and taste. "It is a best seller..." , she said. No problem, I remember the advice given by some members here on how to keep down your ego and "wall".

I honestly think there is nothing to the new Hilfiger, now that I have put it on. Save your time and money.

Tried it today. Nice scent, fresh, but in an untypical, floral way. I find it soft, the sillage is rather weak. Very similar to Pi Neo, but without that sweetness, that I dislike so much. At first I was confused by this fact, but then found that both Hilfiger and Pi neo had been created by Givaudan, so everything fell into place.

In my opinion its a great scent. Smells very fresh and fruity at the begining later fruity and musk. But i am very dissapointed with the sillage and logevity. Last only for about 3-4 hours when you take 8 spritz on you and i cant hardly detect it in the air but i am loving to smelling my arms as long as it stays :-) Tommy had a much better sillage.

Maybe i have a faible for fresh scents, but this is favorit clean/fresh scent.
    You can wear it to feel good but dont hope to attract anybody as it has not the punch in your face sillage like Allure Edition Blanche or Montale Fougeres Marines which are great too.
    Last edited by nas2000; 11th December 2008 at 03:44 PM.