Code of Conduct

Talking Scent Synch Day-Thanksgiving-Polo Modern Reserve

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Polo(1978), let's have a Thanksgiving synchronized wear of Polo Modern Reserve. If it's good, we can ask Santa to get us more for Christmas.

Default Re: Scent Synch Day-Thanksgiving-Polo Modern Reserve

Boy, you like these Scent Synch days. I don't own this so I'm out. Sorry

Wink Re: Scent Synch Day-Thanksgiving-Polo Modern Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I don't own it now either, but by Thanksgiving I will.

I personally am going to take a day off fragrances on Thanksgiving to enjoy the smell of dinner cooking throughout the day.

I'm not against scent synch days, but I think coordinating them with holidays is a bad idea as these are inevitably days where we're going to see much of our family, perhaps people we don't see often, or in the case of halloween, may want to wear a scent that coordinates well with their costume.

I just feel that many people won't participate in a scent synch day on a holiday because they'd rather wear what they really want to on such an important day.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th October 2008 at 01:43 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Pretty sure you are supposed to vote on scent-synch days. And I thought it was annual?

I'm not totally against SSD's but...

We just had a SSD and normally it's a vote.

A holiday SSD is a little awkward. Some will want to go scentless for the wonderful aroma of turkey or wear their own scent for a special day.

It kind of skews a certain member's calculations of the most popular scents of BN.

I don't own or have a sample of Polo Modern Reserve and I'm sure there's many out there that are the same.

I think it is great that 40ish is enthusiastic about the community here and I don't want anything to dampen that. However, I agree with SirSlarty, genvy 5 and SculptureOfSoul.

The dates and scents for Scent Synch Days are normally chosen by a vote of the members. The scents chosen are normally ones that are owned by many members and have wide-spread support.

Even though it is niche, L'Air du Desert Marocain would probably be a better choice at this point as it is owned by many more people than the recently introduced Polo Modern Reserve.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 24th October 2008 at 03:48 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I see this from another perspective, as the only respondent to this thread that is not based in the United States.

We do not celebrate Thanksgiving here (does any country outside the US)?
    I would not even know which day of the year its actually celebrated on.

Nor do we celebrate Halloween (another Scent Sync Day suggested by 40ish )... BN is an international community, so I tend to agree with SirSlarty & TwoRoads when they say SS dates ought to be voted for by the members. I don't see why they must adhere to the US holiday calendar.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 24th October 2008 at 08:14 AM.

Sounds good to me..... I Love this scent for sure.......Gary

I don't want to sound like an "Ugly American", but we could do a Turkey Day PMR day for those that have it...

I'll do this one with ya..just might now be here to celebrate. You guys just vote and tell me when. I can do this scent.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I'm not totally against SSD's but...

We just had a SSD and normally it's a vote.

A holiday SSD is a little awkward. Some will want to go scentless for the wonderful aroma of turkey or wear their own scent for a special day.

It kind of skews a certain member's calculations of the most popular scents of BN.

I don't own or have a sample of Polo Modern Reserve and I'm sure there's many out there that are the same.
    Yea, we need a vote. I think it is a bad idea if you just tell people what to wear on such a special day. I mean no offense, but thats how I feel.

Thumbs up Re: Scent Synch Day-Thanksgiving-Polo Modern Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I love it. But I'm out too. Maybe the holiday's will change that.

Blog Entries

It's cool that SSD's have people so enthused, but they're just not as fun if we do them all the time. We typically do them when the seasons change, & there's a set structure for setting them up that is fair to all who want to participate.

And I agree w/ the sentiments of others that since BN is an international forum it wouldn't be fair to have SSDs set around American holidays. That, & I also agree that holidays are special occasions where people will want to wear a fragrance that's special to them on that day.

Just my two pennies.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

yeah agreed, great enthusiasm 40ish yet voting should happen. modern reserve nice choice though.

Gentlemen, SSD's should be done sparingly and democratically. Locking this.