Code of Conduct

Default 227 bottles of Frederic Malle fragrances stolen

Default Re: 227 bottles of Frederic Malle fragrances stolen

227 bottles can't be easy to get rid off...
    The robbers surely had taste at least.

C'mon now... which pair of you Malle-crazed Basenoters was it???!
    My guess, Jack 'n' Joe!

Oh crap.. these will now show up on ebay or what?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Lol...perfumes finally replace gold and cash

Thankfully the poor driver wasn't hurt. I've just put a curse on those thieves and if it goes according to plan those bottles will turn into Fred Hayman's 'Touch'-a most truly vile scent befitting a thief!
    Last edited by graffham; 25th October 2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

It's sad but it's kinda funny at the same time. The robbers have a great taste! Hope they're not ones of the basenotes members
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

For some, that's their only way to get into the sometimes expensive world of niche and high-end scents.

Oh, and for those that don't speak French, take heart - the name of the new line "Dans Tes Bras" is not an inappropriate overture of some sort. "Bras" means arms. :P

Okay, it was me! If you don't tell anyone, I can do you a pretty good deal. PM me with 'Was it really you?!! ' in the title and I'll get back to you, once I've settled in my new secret location...

Well, for the next couple of months wearing Malle will make you an alleged criminal. And the special agent of the police corps will become a member of basenotes to study the SOTD's. Beware ;-)

P.S. Indeed it's nice to hear that the driver is uninjured.
    Anais Nin: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
    Link to my perfumery blog: http://aromax-on-line.blogspot.com/

Wasn't me officer!
    But my immediate thought was - where in Islington do they sell Malles? I thought Les Senteurs had exclusive UK? Fantastic news if they don't - another item I can obtain without putting business to LS
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Wasn't me officer!
    But my immediate thought was - where in Islington do they sell Malles? I thought Les Senteurs had exclusive UK? Fantastic news if they don't - another item I can obtain without putting business to LS
    They're available at Liberty now. A third retail outlet is now in the offing...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

If ever caught and jailed they will be subject to a few malle-dictums from their jail Bubbas, smelling like they do..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Okay, it was me! If you don't tell anyone, I can do you a pretty good deal. PM me with 'Was it really you?!! ' in the title and I'll get back to you, once I've settled in my new secret location...

PMs you

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I think Mike Perez and Jock are the culprits and that they're hiding out in an Illinois Wal*mart parking lot trying to figure out if they should sell the bottles in dollars or euros! HA!

(Just kidding, you two!)
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

That pisses me off. I wish nothing but the worst for criminals.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

The guy left his truck open and unattended and the criminals were already aware of the contents of truck? And all they stole were the Frederic Malle fragrances (with car in waiting)?! It's not as if the Frederic Malle logo was emblazoned on the vehicle. I'm sorry but something doesn't sound right here...

The guy left his truck open and unattended and the criminals were already aware of the contents of truck? And all they stole were the Frederic Malle fragrances (with car in waiting)?! It's not as if the Frederic Malle logo was emblazoned on the vehicle. I'm sorry but something doesn't sound right here...
    That's what I was thinking when I read this... inside job, perhaps? I'm sure the insurer will take care of it. All of a sudden there's going to a flood of FM bottles for sale at shady fragrance stands in Russia....

They're available at Liberty now. A third retail outlet is now in the offing...
    Wonderful. Any idea where the third one is? Smithfield somewhere? I've tried to figure it out by my google-fu fails me.
    Or is it just a free publicity stunt by an enterprising promoter? (My cynicism knows no bounds...)

Edit - ah I just read the other last two posts - seems I'm not alone in my cynicism. Its the name drop and descriptrions of the luxury fragrance which ring alarm bells....convenient free coverage....?
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 25th October 2008 at 04:25 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

After realising that the "brain scan of Roucel" marketing promo for Dans Tes Bras didn't work (read that golden nugget here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...ic_m.html#more ), Malle has upped the ante on the new marketing charades !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Oh crap.. these will now show up on ebay or what?
    I don't know about anyone else, but if I stole a few hundred bottles of Malle I'd be damn sure to hoard them for myself.

There is actually a new 'trend' in London for high end/luxury goods shops being hit by knowledgable (in the sens that they know exactly what item they want, brand name etc.) criminal gangs - a few fashion designers have been targeted, Christopher Kane had his entire collection stolen a day before a show and Anya Hindmarch has, I think, eployed 24 hr private security guards after her shops were broken into a few times. Maybe they're moving on to other luxury goods? They obviously knew what they were after (or were very, very lucky thieves).
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

That's sad. Damn criminals.

Anyway, I'm selling some Malle fragrances for cheap, I have 227 bottles. If anyone wants a good deal PM me.

Cheers,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    C'mon now... which pair of you Malle-crazed Basenoters was it???!
    My guess, Jack 'n' Joe!
    Now wait just a cotton picken minute here. Joe and I have upstanding reputations here, but on MUA and Perfume Posse as well... Just check out deep, deep discounts on Musc Ravager and Noir Epices at the Crystal Flacon. Luckily someone has grinded off the serial #'s.

Hey guys, Im selling 227 bottles of Malle, PM FOR DETAILS!
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    If ever caught and jailed they will be subject to a few malle-dictums from their jail Bubbas, smelling like they do..
    I can sell them soap on a rope too

Hmm... 227 bottles at a total value of £7344.08? That works out to £32 / $51 a bottle! A tidy profit for Malle, no doubt.

hey, anyone watched 'the parfum'.?

i think theres no doubt whats gonna happen if they catch the thieves and put them into court, hu?

Well at least this means Malle's will be cheap on eBay for the next month or so.

I know I'm buying, stolen or not.

I hope it was Marshalls or TJMaxx that did the deed.

I'm going to keep my eyes open...
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Send out the Blood Hounds!

buying too if it s on ebay.

Slowly but surely, and after having discovered it better lately, this house is becoming my favorite.

Carnal flower is my fav frag ever, and yesterday in my "luxury" perfume shop in Geneva that sells FM, i tried a few. I HAD to buy french lover (bois d'orage) at the same time. Just could not resist, instant love. I had tried the old formulation (PV 7%) 2 years ago, did not impress me. Having seen this had been reformulated I decided to try it just in case. And omg how amazing this "new" french lover (PV 9%) is beautiful.

so woody, so sexyyyyyyyyyyyy. I love it. And i love this niche.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Well, if anybody starts showing up at work and their SOTD(ecade) is Malle...

Well, I'm not inferring anything here as there obviously is no connection but just by...um... coincidence ....for the first time ever, a batch of 50ml malles has shown up on UK ebay.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 29th November 2008 at 11:07 PM.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Well, I'm not inferring anything here as there obviously is no connection but just by...um... coincidence ....for the first time ever, a batch of 50ml malles has shown up on UK ebay.
    Well, if you think that's shady, have a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-FREDERIC-...1%7C240%3A1318

They canceled and reported my bin to ebay those retentive R*****s sellers. Question is: how do they fit 33.3 ml on 10 ml travel size sprayers?
    Last edited by irish; 30th November 2008 at 12:45 AM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.