Code of Conduct

Question angelique encens discontinued?

hi everybody, I've just read on blog poivrebleu someone talking about Creed discontinuing Angelique Encens because of a lack of materials...I give you the link, though it is in french language...
    http://poivrebleu.wordpress.com/2008...angel-perfume/ (first comment by "romuald" after the article..)
    has any of you heard something about it? I can't find anything and I would like to know if it's a rumour or something that's meant to be, cause if it's the case, I must buy me a big huge bottle to cope up with my sadness....

Default Re: angelique encens discontinued?

Oh no! This has been on my 'to smell' list for ages.
    News, news, please!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

well, maybe that's just nuts... I didn't find anything about this, but I wonder what is the point in telling such frightening news in the middle of a blog... to follow, but without too much care?.....

It sucks bigtime! Tell you what, let's email Creed and see if we can find out. You do it in French and I'll do it in English and we'll report back here on what we're told. Because I suspect there will be quite a few Basenoters running round shouting 'oh waily, waily, waily!' if AE really has been discontinued.

OK - I'll try contacting via the UK website http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk
    and can you try contacting the French agent - this is the email address given on the Creed UK website, because the parfumscreed.com site doesn't seem to be working - this is the address they give on the site: leveque.jacques3@wanadoo.fr

Of course, if any of the multitude of Creedophiles on Basenotes can shed any light, please feel free to put us out of our misery.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

It would surprise me if this was so quickly discontinued, as it was just re-introduced to commemorate Pope Benedict's visit to America this year. I read this on Basenotes news a while ago.
    I have tried it, the Holt Renfrew store in Vancouver had it. I was really looking forward to it, I thought it might something dry and marvelous like my favorite Cypres-Musc. I found it to be sweet, and I thought the so-called incense notes were very weak. Some like it, I'm not impressed.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Wordbird, I sent an email to "jacques" from Creed.. I expect an answer and will tell you about it! good night!

I rather liked it, a sweet incense scent that reminded me of hippy stores a little bit.I just couldn't afford a jar of it though.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    It would surprise me if this was so quickly discontinued, as it was just re-introduced to commemorate Pope Benedict's visit to America this year. I read this on Basenotes news a while ago.
    I have tried it, the Holt Renfrew store in Vancouver had it. I was really looking forward to it, I thought it might something dry and marvelous like my favorite Cypres-Musc. I found it to be sweet, and I thought the so-called incense notes were very weak. Some like it, I'm not impressed.
    That was a one-off publicity stunt involving a "masculinised" version of AE. Like most creeds, this is not an in-yer-face perfume but in my opinion a lovely blend of excellent ingredients. Maybe slightly on the feminine side of unisex, but I still wear it . Hope it is not discontinued. They do sometimes stop producing a scent for a little while when they can't source ingredients. There will probably still be some stock in shops for a while...
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 25th October 2008 at 10:27 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

-

awk! Now i have to buy it, my decant is running out.
    Oh well, I guess I don't need to eat this next month.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Aw poot! Now I wish I hadn't tried it, either. I like it as well. Incense-y. Powdery. Sandalwood? Amber? Arggh! But, as Purplebird says, "There will always be something else."

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Learn to let go. (Reformulation. Discontinuation.)
    Hoarding is a form of paranoia. (See previous.)
    There will always be something else. (See two previous.)
    Friends make everything better. (Basenotes. I am not alone in this.)
    Now, I just need a friend to sell me a bottle of Angelique Encens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Aw poot! Now I wish I hadn't tried it, either. I like it as well. Incense-y. Powdery. Sandalwood? Amber? Arggh! But, as Purplebird says, "There will always be something else."
    Purplebird is saying very wise things but even when there will be 'something else' , I doubt if I will love it as much
    and for so many years as the beautiful Angelique Encens

So.....hoarding is a form of paranoia, hmmm?

::musing....do I need a straightjacket? ::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Just bought a tester of Mudassir Now I´m going to be a good girl and use it and not freak out if it runs low..honest..really.. I will practise the letting go.

But there is a voice inside me that says that if I buy more perfume than the encense will last longer since I´d have it in rotation with many many other scents. Ah!

I´m still concerned I´ll end up buying more and more perfume faster because they are being discontinued..I´m worried Cedre of SL is next.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

It still sucks.
    I can't believe Creed would let this one go.
    Why not continute to produce it in limited quantities, raise the price, and wait for the ingredients to become available again?
    Business decisions seem so rigid and self-defeating to me.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 21st November 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    It still sucks.
    I can't believe Creed would let this one go.
    Why not continute to produce it in limited quantities, raise the price, and wait for the ingredients to become available again?
    Business decisions seem so rigid and self-defeating to me.
    On another thread, someone mentioned that the source materials might not be available any longer. So like a sabertooth tiger shish-kebab or mastodon meatballs, perhaps it just isn't possible to really recreate faithfully with currently available materials.

Edit: Or mentioned on *this* thread. . . .
    Last edited by Aiona; 22nd November 2008 at 12:09 AM.

I sent a mail to the french contact mentioned on Creed's site, mentioning this discontinuation and his answer was more or less that he "wasn't in gods'secrets but has heard rumours about it..." He also advised me to make stock in case I liked this fragrance so much..... of course! well, what else could he have said?!!! anyway, as I am fed up with discontinuations, reformulations and other bad surprises, I bought a huge bottle and I don't regret it because I really love this seductive and unique fragrance....! that one I caught at last before it vanished.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Just bought a tester of Mudassir Now I´m going to be a good girl and use it and not freak out if it runs low..honest..really.. I will practise the letting go.

But there is a voice inside me that says that if I buy more perfume than the encense will last longer since I´d have it in rotation with many many other scents. Ah!

I´m still concerned I´ll end up buying more and more perfume faster because they are being discontinued..I´m worried Cedre of SL is next.
    Oh darn. I wish I had seen this thread before putting it up for sale! Even though I don't like Angelique Encens that much (must be the adelhydes), I have put in a order for a 8.4oz flacon because of this thread!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Isn't this one of their most popular ones? (and a very good scent all around?) It would surprise me if they didn't do their utmost to find alternatives and stopped production altogether.
    Let's see what happens....