Code of Conduct

Default Would like some fragrance advice from you gentlemen (ro pls)

I posted this question on MUA and they've been a very big help, but I'd also like to get some feedback from you gentlemen. So here's my question:

Sorry if this sounds childish, but I'm crushing on a guy at work and I see him every day. What fragrance should I wear, that would be memorable? I try to talk to him sometimes (can be a bit difficult since he doesn't work in my department), but I think adding a fragrance to the wardrobe would be a good boost.

Here's what I have in my wardrobe so far:

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere
    Emporio Armani She
    Gucci Envy Me
    RL Ralph
    Bond No. 9 Chinatown
    JPG Classique
    Creed Fleurissimo
    Pink Manhattan
    Persephone
    HM Butterfly EDT
    LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit, Pure Vanilla, Vanilla Blossom and Vanilla Coconut
    DK Cashmere Mist
    Chanel Allure parfum
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle parfum
    Flowerbomb

Thanks so much in advance!

Default Re: Would like some fragrance advice from you gentlemen (ro pls)

For me, Envy, Mademoiselle, or Flowerbomb would spark my interest for sure

Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori is your ticket. I'd instantly jump....er I mean notice a woman wearing this around me

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I can tell you what will pull me off totally Chanel n 5
    I would like Allure .
    Good luck :-)
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

This is a cute question. Good luck.
    Creating a "memorable" impression with a scent is tricky. It could go the other way. For example, I just don't like vanilla, especially in mega-doses. So those vanilla scents you mention would probably make me wrinkle my nose and think, "phew."

But maybe you LOVE vanilla and so does the guy. Thus, instant connection.
    My comment would be -- find that one that makes YOU feel good, sparkly, attractive. When a person feels good about her/him-self, that person is usually more attractive to others. And consider applying in moderate rather than monstrous doses. Draw him near with the whiff of something intriguing, rather than blast him from a distance.

"Some enchanted evening, you may smell a stranger;
    You may smell a stranger,
    Across a crowded room..."
    (sounds romantic but might not be...)
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

The peachy sweetness of Chinatown. I'd be floored if someone came into my office wearing that. I might even have to keep them from leaving!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

beofre i got with my girlfriend we went out alot and she always wore something and i never asked what it was as i didn't want her to know i was interested and smelling her yet the smell was just amazing.
    armani mania
    its so sweet and sexy and i used to meet her at 6pm then after dancing away at 2am it was still strong as ever. its just amazing and if applied correctly will leave a good impression. were together now and she still uses it yet uses other nice things aswell, dkny be delicous, ck in 2 u being a few of my favs. good luck with this guy, the secret is armani mania

Thank you gentlemen - your feedbacks have been most helpful!! I haven't smelled Armani Mania in a LONG time, so I'm going to have to revisit this. I've never heard of Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori, so I'm definitely going to have to try this one as well. Thanks so much again!!!

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

Armani She
    Coco mademoiselle
    Flowerbomb

These are my top picks for leaving an impression!

Chanel
    Chanel
    Chanel!
    COCO
    Last edited by Michael Picasso; 26th October 2008 at 04:30 PM.

Here's a lady's opinion:

Chinatown (being that you already have it, and presumably love it) or the PG mentioned above because that is also a great line.

You have some beautiful scents, and many that men like (coco mad, flowerbomb), but guys smell these on A LOT of people. They smell great, but they are so common.

Chinatown - that will be memorable and associated perhaps only with you (unless he's a basenoter).

I hope you get a chance to know him better! Good luck!

Off-Scenter

Funny, you're current collection includes two of my wife's favorite scents: Fleurissimo and Chinatown. I concur with jrd4t - Chinatown is a very unusual scent, and whether somebody likes it or not, it's going to get noticed. It's also unlikely that anybody else you or he know will be wearing it.

My only other thought is that while No. 5 (in all its variations) is a superb scent, it's also very popular (maybe even commonplace by now?) and, to me at least, a little "prim."
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 26th October 2008 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    Here's a lady's opinion:

Chinatown (being that you already have it, and presumably love it) or the PG mentioned above because that is also a great line.

You have some beautiful scents, and many that men like (coco mad, flowerbomb), but guys smell these on A LOT of people. They smell great, but they are so common.

Chinatown - that will be memorable and associated perhaps only with you (unless he's a basenoter).

I hope you get a chance to know him better! Good luck!
    Thank you so much for your feedback!!! Those are some really great points that you mentioned, and I never thought of that before. Coco Mademoiselle, I smell often. As for Flowerbomb, I don't smell it quite that often, but I did bump into a lady in the elevator wearing that fragrance - it smelled amazing on her, so I had to ask!! Thanks for the feedback on Chinatown - if he does recognize it, I think he'd be my knight in shining armor!!!

Also, as Vibert had mentioned, I always found Chinatown to be a very unusual scent...but I always gravitated towards it because of the incense-y quality. I grew up with incense and I've always loved the smell...hopefully it'll get noticed.

It's pretty impossible to predict what another guy will find interesting - as people have written, everyone has their likes and dislikes. I can convey this advice; I personally don't like it when a woman's perfume is giving off tremendous sillage, and I don't like the old-woman 'perfumey' fragrances. Habanita, Poison, and the like remind me of my aunt and grandmother. It's ok to smell a girl when you're hugging, or right next to each other, but not from across the office.

My own fiancee rotated between Allure EdT, No.5, Fendi Theorema, and Femina. Whenever I smell anything like these I always associate them with her.

You have a pretty good list - there's nothing bad in the bunch. PG's Musc Maori is an amazing fragrance - it's unisex but I think it would sexy on a woman.

It strikes me that if you want to stand out, just see what other women are wearing, and make a note to not wear that.

Other than that, it's down the mysteries of personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by bashful_in_newyork View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on Chinatown - if he does recognize it, I think he'd be my knight in shining armor!!!
    You know it, girl!

I recently joined this forum, so I am relatively inexperienced, but I have to say that recently I came across a lady wearing "Agent Provocateur" and I have to say that I found it stunning. So, for what it is worth, that would be my recommendation.
    Last edited by fragranceseeker; 29th October 2008 at 11:20 AM.
    It is impossible for something to be almost unique

I know I will get some heat for suggesting this, but my suggestion is Pink Sugar. I work very close with a girl that wears this and it makes me think of doing bad(good) things with her.

I don't see any Guerlain in your wardrobe.

L'Heure Bleue and Champs-Elysees are two of my favorites on my wife.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Creed Fleurrisimo... Although it might be a wee bit too formal for work
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Here is the thing, you want to be unique; it seems from your post that you want to stand out to this guy, meaning that you want him to smell something pretty/sexy on you that he has never smelled before so that you can leave a lasting impression. Now, a few of the scents you mentioned are wonderful, i.e., Coco (my lady wears this and I love it on her), but they are wholly unoriginal, meaning that when he smells them on you then he may associate it with an ex or think that you smell like that girl in the elevator. See my point? Now, if you want to smell unique and amazing, then go with Chinatown, you can not go wrong with this, you really can’t. If he does not like this stuff them he is probably not into feminine women. LOL.

SC, CA, NV- Who knows where I'll be next?

Chinatown the first day and Flowerbomb the second. Wear it light and move in close at first. When you move away watch and see if his gaze follows you. That will give you a hint at what he likes. If he comes around a little while later to continue the conversation you might have a winner. Have some little leading question or conversation in reserve in case he is not a conversationalist. This gives him time to inhale deeply.
    Have fun!

Flowerbomb and a low-cut top
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Chinatown the first day and Flowerbomb the second. Wear it light and move in close at first. When you move away watch and see if his gaze follows you. That will give you a hint at what he likes. If he comes around a little while later to continue the conversation you might have a winner. Have some little leading question or conversation in reserve in case he is not a conversationalist. This gives him time to inhale deeply.
    Have fun!
    Good call!

Ill tell you the secret...
    its Narcisso Rodriguez For Her (EDT)...dark grey bottle is edt...pink one is EDP)

Go have a sniff n see
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

jesus christ this one is too simple...

Initial Impression =if you want the guy to just be uncontrollably gravitated to you without ay conscious realization as to why then you MUST wear Eclat Lanvin D'arpege......Must!

2nd impression = if you want to be noticed from more than 10 steps away and be looked at as a sultry, sexual vixen then go for Bond # 9 Nuits de Noho.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 29th October 2008 at 04:08 AM.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    My comment would be -- find that one that makes YOU feel good, sparkly, attractive. When a person feels good about her/him-self, that person is usually more attractive to others. And consider applying in moderate rather than monstrous doses. Draw him near with the whiff of something intriguing, rather than blast him from a distance.
    Great post.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere
    Emporio Armani She
    Gucci Envy Me
    Bond No. 9 Chinatown
    JPG Classique
    Creed Fleurissimo
    Pink Manhattan
    DK Cashmere Mist
    Chanel Allure parfum
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle parfum
    Flowerbomb

All these can grab a man by the nostrils. they certainly grab me. I would have a hard time deciding between Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and chinatown, though keep in mind that I have not smelled mademoiselle parfum, only the edt.

Do women really wear Coco where you work? If not, then that would be my choice for certain.

My wife and I love Creed's Fleurissimo, another fragrance that is great, but not on the list is Gucci by Gucci EDT. It's smells absolutely fantastic. You should give it a try. :-)

From your list: Chinatown or Flowerbomb.
    My preference: Ralph Blue or DG Light Blue.

But most importantly, wear something that you know you smell great in yourself and don't think about it after that. It probably won't be a magic spell to lure him to you, even though I and most other basenote men probably want to have that affect on women 24/7.

Ummm ok...So smile a lot, be friendly. Maybe slightly flirt with another guy while in his vision. Talk/flirt with him more, maybe accidental physical contact, etc. Slightly show that you have interest in him. It would also be attractive if you were assertive in making the first move. It usually doesn't happen that way, so it would be unique and probably well received. lol and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Picasso View Post
    Chanel
    Chanel
    Chanel!
    COCO
    Hell yes! Coco.

Blog Entries

i don't think fragrance is gonna get you far with this guy. clothing and conversation will.

just my opinion!

hmmmm, most men seem to like bacon. ;o)

Maybe you need more body language cues. Go out of your way to talk to him, lean in a little closer when you do, smile a lot, make direct eye contact just a little longer than seems comfortable for you, and if you feel brave one day, ask him if he wants to go get coffee on your break.

Thank you so very much for everyone's responses here - I really appreciate all your feedbacks!!! I'm wearing a few different scents that you all have suggested, trying to see if one of them gets any reaction from him. I got 2 conversation starters from him...and when wearing Hanae Mori Butterfly EDT, I actually spoke to him for a good 20-25 mins. When I was wearing Chinatown....he was asking me if I was walking home that day!!! Unfortunately, I had to cut the convo short since I was supposed to meet my friend.

It seems like those two were the winners so far...although he didn't comment on the way I smelled. Maybe I just don't have enough sillage. :-P
    Last edited by bashful_in_newyork; 1st November 2008 at 03:43 AM.

Don't give the poor guy a chance.

If everyone else isn't wearing it too, do him in with Angel - or an Angel smell alike - like Chopard Wish or Sonia Rykeil in the red box.

Renato

I am turned on by She Wood (very modern, almost masculine like, maybe because of the vetiver note) and Dior Poison Hypnotic - the latter is maybe a little bit sweet, heavy and gourmand but there is soooo much SEX in it that I would like to jump on women wearing it

To the OP - have you tried Gaultier^2? That and Angel are the most head-turning frags I've ever smelt, and Flowerbomb's not far behind.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by dgenerator View Post
    I am turned on by She Wood (very modern, almost masculine like, maybe because of the vetiver note) and Dior Poison Hypnotic - the latter is maybe a little bit sweet, heavy and gourmand but there is soooo much SEX in it that I would like to jump on women wearing it
    I've heard another guy say this about Hypnotic Poison. I must try this now!!!

Thank you for the added responses!! I haven't tried Gaultier 2 but Angel somehow smells like kitty litter on me. But it smelled amazing on this one lady on the subway. She was very well-groomed and very business-like, and I get a waft of Angel. I was so envious that she wore it so well.