Code of Conduct

Talking "The Party" is where it's at!

A dear, generous friend of mine arrived from London yesterday and to my surprise he bought me a birthday present (although my birthday isn't till December). He's gonna be studying in the US and won't come back till June, so he said WHY NOT?! He bought me the most exclusive scent (to me, sorry JAR ) The Party in Manhattan. Well, if you've heard of it, you probably know that's it's sold in Italy and Roja Dove in Harrods. The website is in Italian, so don't even bother, unless of course you speak Italian
    The Party starts out, at least on my skin, kind of citrusy. Let's just say I'm noooot a fan of citrus frags...this one has a very light orangy lemony start...well for 30 seconds. It then cools down, and it starts to show it's dark, raunchy side (much like Orris Noir). The Party is full of aldehydes...but they're more sedated...much less than Chanel 22 and Arpege. I am big fan of chypres and this is probably the most, sophisticated, complex one I have ever encountered. After a few minutes, the powder settles into the basenotes, and for a brief moment, I swear I was smelling a powdery Bandit! Once the basenotes appear, it's full of skank! But in a really, really good way! The patchouli and amber give it a very oriental feel, while the vetiver add to the smokiness to the base. The basenotes are very similiar to Bal a Versailles, and I can detect a hint of Private Collection here and there. I SWEAR...I cannot do The Party justice. One has to sniff to believe...
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Default Re: "The Party" is where it's at!

I added the pictures...they arent coming up How do add pics again?!?!?!
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Yeh I talked with the company who's releasing this a few months ago. I found it odd for an Italian company to be releasing a New York themed scent. Interesting fragrance very hard to find in the US.

Cheers,
    Al

Basenotes Institution

Luckyscent has this now: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...de_Parfum.html

$265 / 50 ml

Notes: bergamot, tangerine, clary sage, carnation, carrot, jasmine, May rose, ylang ylang, iris, vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, gray amber