Code of Conduct

Default I need to contact Grant

Folks, is there any way of contacting Grant? I desperately need his help.

Lucius

Default Re: I need to contact Grant

You might use the contact us feature at the bottom of the forum's pages.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

What happened, Lucious? Did he ban you as soon as you contacted him?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

knightowl- It is probably best not to get involved at this point. There is much going on that need not be rehashed.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    What happened, Lucious? Did he ban you as soon as you contacted him?
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    knightowl- It is probably best not to get involved at this point. There is much going on that need not be rehashed.
    I think it's good to at least give basic reasoning behind why people are banned from this site. I don't think full details are ever needed, but I think it's good to keep people on the same page.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I think it's good to at least give basic reasoning behind why people are banned from this site. I don't think full details are ever needed, but I think it's good to keep people on the same page.
    I respectfully agree, especially when certain members get banned who have a presence here at BN, especially a BN'er with a lot of sales + posts and an overall positive presence. To offer no explanation whatsoever keeps member guessing and can lead to dissatisfaction among members with respect to why a certain member was banned. This can lead to rumors, resentment, etc... Offering an explanation is appropriate because we too are part of the community and should be kept informed as to decisions that affect it. Plus, a lesson can be learned as to why someone was banned in order that other members do not make the same mistake(s). Again, this is only my opinion and I respect whatever decisions have and will be made with respect to these issues.

My post was directed at the questioning of the member as opposed to the mod.

LuciusVorenus was banned permanently from the site because he repeatedly violated the rules. He was confronted about that repeatedly and promised not to be a problem anymore. But he continued all the same. Many efforts went into trying to have him stop, but, while he believes himself innocent always, his presence here required moderators to police his actions OVER FREQUENTLY. One of his most recent threads, which I closed, was of a problematic nature that he's exhibited here before and about which he has been severely taken to task. Since it happened again, after previously promising his best behavior, it was clear that we would have more of the same to expect from him in the future, and that he was constitutionally unable to adapt himself enough to stay at Basenotes.

He's been here a long time. He's been given every opportunity to change. He's been the recipient of extreme patience and efforts. Many members here have tried to encourage his positive social qualities. None of this worked. His behavior here is not welcome.

Now that I've made this explanation I don't want this thread to become a public referendum--for lack of a better term--on him or on his time here, or on thoughts members have on him. One of it's former members is not the subject for public discussion on a fragrance devoted Web site.

I've made this announcement to serve the ends TheAttorney believes, wisely, are important to a community. So this is so members understand.

Again, and as always, members concerned about actions I make and discuss are encouraged to write me by PM. I read and consider all thoughts in those messages.
    Thank you all,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.