Code of Conduct

Default way to apply perfume to your man

ladies, shall we? keira knightley in the coco mademoiselle promotional video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aibOY18Pkgo
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: way to apply perfume to your man

rtamara41, I wish I could join in but I don't (sigh) have a man.

Lol too much effort. I think my current method (me: "hey you, come here", him: *offers wrist*) works fine for now

I think we could all think of a more romatic method...
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Okay, here goes the reality...
    Husband hates fragrance. Only way to make him wear fragrance?
    Put it in a deodorant stick. I'm not kidding. Nothing else works.
    There are a lot of guys like that. Look at the sales of Axe.
    I see men go into the deodorant isle, look to the right, look to the left to see if anyone is watching, lift a can off the shelf, spray some, sniff the can, and say, "Mmmm." Then they buy it. They really do want to wear cologne or perfume, but they don't want to call it cologne or perfume. They want to call it deodorant.
    I needed some deodorant, but all of the women's have antipersperant, so I bought some Axe for myself-- in a very nice amber.
    I know this quesiton was looking for a more romantic answer. But lots of guys would jump back from anyone trying to apply perfume to them...

It has been days since anyone that pretty did that to me
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Blog Entries

That commercial reminded me of showing my guy to spray cologne on his neck. He said it was too cold and jumped about a mile. I had to hold him down like I was waxing his eyebrows or something! What a big baby! This all came about when he couldn't get his fav. 'Polo' green (luckily it smells great on him) in anything but spray--which he thought was the only way women put on 'fragrance'. I used science on him and told him he'd get more for his money and better frag dispersion and he finally got used to spraying.
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th October 2008 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Okay, here goes the reality...
    Husband hates fragrance. Only way to make him wear fragrance?
    Put it in a deodorant stick. I'm not kidding. Nothing else works.
    There are a lot of guys like that. Look at the sales of Axe.
    I see men go into the deodorant isle, look to the right, look to the left to see if anyone is watching, lift a can off the shelf, spray some, sniff the can, and say, "Mmmm." Then they buy it. They really do want to wear cologne or perfume, but they don't want to call it cologne or perfume. They want to call it deodorant.
    I needed some deodorant, but all of the women's have antipersperant, so I bought some Axe for myself-- in a very nice amber.
    I know this quesiton was looking for a more romantic answer. But lots of guys would jump back from anyone trying to apply perfume to them...
    Amen to that! I have decided to buy my husband a 'posh' deodorant for Xmas - Egoiste or something but in a deo stick. He absolutely refuses to wear 'perfume' but sprays himself with Axe every day because he wants to smell nice.

As for you Hirch
    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    It has been days since anyone that pretty did that to me
    easy answer: go round to se Leesee!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

oh my, I did not expect these answers when I posted this!
    lol!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

"way to apply perfume to your man"? Heh! My method involves much running and good aim.

Just buy whole bottles when they know of your financial siotuation, guilt trip them into wearing it. Or if you convince them of spraying some on..just jump them. That made mine wear it more..to see my reaction etc etc.

Aaaand they do want to smell good

Btw in iceland there are only deo sticks, hardly any sprays are available. Maybe one per store that sells deodorant and only for women. Everytime time I go abroad I buy spray deo in bulk..and perfume bien sur.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    "way to apply perfume to your man"? Heh! My method involves much running and good aim.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Just buy whole bottles when they know of your financial siotuation, guilt trip them into wearing it. Or if you convince them of spraying some on..just jump them. That made mine wear it more..to see my reaction etc etc.

Aaaand they do want to smell good

Btw in iceland there are only deo sticks, hardly any sprays are available. Maybe one per store that sells deodorant and only for women. Everytime time I go abroad I buy spray deo in bulk..and perfume bien sur.
    and yes, I think my man wears his Third Man partly out of practicality...he knew it was there in the dresser, and wanted to put it to use, bless him!
    Now he;s in the habit. Watching me obsess over my smellies has probably had an influence on him as well by osmosis. He thinks my dabbing rituals are amusing.
    He, himself, does three sprays , right, left, and center...

Can't believe I'm going to say this on a public, searchable forum, but now I want someone to do this to me *sniff sniff*
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

I think we have very sweet men here on basenotes and they all deserve to be lovingly dabbed.

Sorry, off topic, Purplebird, Tom's of Maine makes nice deodorant. Natural. Has coriander.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Can't believe I'm going to say this on a public, searchable forum, but now I want someone to do this to me *sniff sniff*
    Lol! Come here Mostapha....

Lol, Mostapha! Be careful what you wish for...
    And my boyfriend isn't too much intro perfumes. He appreciates that I smell good, but I'm sure he wouldn't make a difference among all the fragrances that I wear.
    Last edited by Lady M.; 29th October 2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo

I'm not sure what harm could ever come from a girl taking advantage of my fragrance "weakness" Or even my just-developed weakness for neck dabbing with Chanel-scented fingers.
    I think I'll stop now

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Sorry, off topic, Purplebird, Tom's of Maine makes nice deodorant. Natural. Has coriander.
    Not OT! Thanks!
    My husband used to be set on Mennon green (kind of fougere) and now he's stuck on Old Spice Fresh (more ozonic/marine).
    I think our local health food store might have the Tom's of Maine. I might like it, too. The problem with women's roll-ons is that every single one of them has antiperspirant.

Mostapha, you'd better hush up or we will give you a Group Dabbing.
    ...He walks into the darkened room. Music is playing. The curtains float in the wind. The candles blow out. There are shadows in the corners. The silouettes of women approach, silently, holding glass bottles and reaching out toward him. He backs away in alarm.
    "We mean you no harm," the women say, but he cannot see their faces, and so he continues to retreat until his back reaches the railing of the balcony, and he can go no further.
    The circle of women close around him, and he feels the cold touch of glass stoppers on his skin. At first he resists, and then, realizing that they are friendly, he succumbs. They start to laugh. He starts to laugh. He sinks to the floor, and they follow, dabbing all exposed surfaces...
    Better advertisement? Yes. I think so. Chanel? Are you listening? Now that would sell perfume.

Mostapha, you'd better hush up or we will give you a Group Dabbing
    Is that a threat?

Not OT! Thanks!
    My husband used to be set on Mennon green (kind of fougere) and now he's stuck on Old Spice Fresh (more ozonic/marine).
    I think our local health food store might have the Tom's of Maine. I might like it, too. The problem with women's roll-ons is that every single one of them has antiperspirant.

Mostapha, you'd better hush up or we will give you a Group Dabbing.
    ...He walks into the darkened room. Music is playing. The curtains float in the wind. The candles blow out. There are shadows in the corners. The silouettes of women approach, silently, holding glass bottles and reaching out toward him. He backs away in alarm.
    "We mean you no harm," the women say, but he cannot see their faces, and so he continues to retreat until his back reaches the railing of the balcony, and he can go no further.
    The circle of women close around him, and he feels the cold touch of glass stoppers on his skin. At first he resists, and then, realizing that they are friendly, he succumbs. They start to laugh. He starts to laugh. He sinks to the floor, and they follow, dabbing all exposed surfaces...
    Better advertisement? Yes. I think so. Chanel? Are you listening? Now that would sell perfume.
    why, purplebird! I think you're onto something there!

He sinks to the floor, and they follow, dabbing all exposed surfaces...
    They should hire you for marketing. If they did make an advert like that, can you IMAGINE the YouTube coverage it would get!?

Dang - the only way I can get perfume on my man is to stick it in his Farenheit bottle.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Off-Scenter

My advice? Set a trip wire in the bathroom doorway, jump him while he's down, and break the bottle over his head.

Basenotes Plus

Ninja perfumer here.
    I perfume the sheets before bed or I put fragrance on my hands & give him a big kiss, making sure I get my hands in his hair. (He has very nice hair.)
    Since I've begun doing this he has discovered that he likes patchouli. Now I give him samples of fragrances with patchouli & he puts it on himself before bed.
    I am very happy.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    My advice? Set a trip wire in the bathroom doorway, jump him while he's down, and break the bottle over his head.
    The "old dog" teaches new tricks!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

LOL I read the title of this thread and this old joke/truism immediately came to mind:
    'Nothing says taken like the smell of fabric softener'
    Looking for small decants
    * Frederic Malle En Passant, Parfum de Thérèse * Serge Lutens Bois Oriental, Borneo1834, Douce Amère, Gris Clair, Rousse, Santal de Mysore

Wink Re: way to apply perfume to your man

Ladies, I have to be fast and unexpected and spray my DH suddenly without warning since he hates it. Anyway, I do it because he smells heavenly with scents that I have chosen for him.

This thread is great for my morning laugh!

You guys are wonderful.... very original ideas.

Alas, I don't even try, it's a lost cause.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407