Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 27 October

Good morning!

Starting my fourth L'Artisan week with a trip to Timbuktu.

Wishing you all a smooth start for your week!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 27 October

Hermes Eau des Merveilles then JHaG Lady Vengeance. Strangely, I thought the EdM had disappeared (washed off during a shower) when I applied LV but hours later I could only smell EdM! Perfect, for now the weather's starting to heating up

SotD is Feminite du bois.Hope you all have a nice day

Hi all!

I´m wearing Coco EdP today.

I'm going to be wearing Clarins Eau Resourcante as I have an emergency dentist's appointment this afternoon and I need all the tranquilisers I can get, including fragrant ones.

Looking forward to getting off the codeine and being able to see straight.

Have a good day all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Wishing you the best Wordbird, I'm up again Thursday :s
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Smile Re: SotD Monday 27 October

Les Nereides Patchouli Antique today.

Working today and wearing Paul Smith London for Women.

Good luck at the dentist Wordbird. I hate going to the dentist sooooo much I would rather go to the Gynocologist. Hope you get your tooth taken care of as painlessly as possible.

Shalimar (extrait) and on holiday.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Voleur de Roses. I might declare this a L´Artisan week for myself and see if I can wear them into the top something
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Omnia Crystalline mostly, but with dabs of EL Intuition and Vera Wang (regular VW) here and there!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Wordbird - good luck with the dentist.

With lushsoup's recommendation - wore Bandit last night. I was expecting a skanky leatherfest. I got a sexy spicy thing with a hint of vanilla to smooth everything out. TWolf was right in that Bandit may not have sent the correct message for my tete a tete on Thursday, but I could easily see myself wearing this for sexy nights in.

Now wearing - Possets Silver Violets. The Possets Silver series really does have fabulous happy-making sillage. Vanilla, cocoa, some florals to make it more complex and a certain "something". My favorite of the 3 remains (Silver Violets, Silver Roses, Silver Carnations) the Silver Carnation.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

(((((Wordie))))) Best of luck, dear and hope it goes fast 'n easy xox

Sotd is Lolita Lempicka edp. Have a great day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Black Orchid for my return to work.

Good morning!

Amouage Dia

(and some L'Eau de L'Eau - Diptyque on the wrists just to try it)

Bright and delicious Jicky

A good week to you all!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

M. Micallef Gaiac

Finished my birthday weekend by going down to my niece's in CT for my grand nephew's third birthday. He is born the day before my birthday so we have a combined birthday celebration. It was a nice day and we drove back to Somerville only to find upon arriving home that the birthday festivities weren't quite over.
    On the porch was a package from my ScentMother ComDiva which had two bags of treats for the poodles. A couple of BPAL scents, Yves Rocher Vanilla Bourbon and Beaux Arts Michelangelo. While all of that was amazing and good it was the cake that was the show stopper. A gingerbread chocolate chip cake with gingerbread cookies with smilies on them on top. As soon as we pulled it out of the bag it was in my wife and I started laughing. Until we ate a piece then we started going YUMMMMM!!
    The perfect end to what was an awesome four days of celebrating my birthday full of everything important to me. My friends, my family, good food and fragrances.
    To wordbird I hope your visit to the dentist goes as quickly as possible and you're home in the support of your family before you know you've been to the dentist.
    Chaya can't wait to hear how the Sniffa Fall Ball went and what cool stuff you came back with.
    After two days in Dans Tes Bras it is time to reluctantly move on and so I am wearing:

Parfums de Rosine Rose D'Homme

This is an arid dusty rose on me and is so classically constructed it feels very retro after wearing the new Malle for the last two days. It feels retro in a good way as the rose just comes alive on my skin and lingers delicately. Really good on me.
    Have a great Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Bornèo 1834 - Serge Lutens

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ahhh...the first of the Fall-Feeling days are here at last. And we are in for a couple of overnights in the 50s. SotD is Geir. I have been waiting almost 8 months for weather cool enough to really enjoy this one.
    Last edited by kbe; 27th October 2008 at 12:00 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Wearing Montale's Vanille Absolu this morning, from a sample. Yum.

Have a great Monday!

Lauren Style, my work scent.

Have a great start of the week, everyone.

Woo-hoo! So pleased that ScentSon is having a great birthday week (I am a big believer in extending birthday celebrations for as long as possible...)

Heading into the week smelling like cool weather incarnate: Ava Luxe Sweet Amber Wood.

Wishing everyone a wonderful start to the work week!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Wordy - your ordeal should be over by now. I SO relate...before I got my mouth straightened out I had to be dragged to the DDS in a tumbrel. I go every three months now and it's routine - but I can remember those days!

Still warm days with coolish nights - have to work four days this week. Need the 'tude of...

(that's EL Youth Dew Amber Nude, SMM!!

Love the demure bottle with it's primly belted waist - SO belies the sexy lady inside!!

Being poor, I only got a d****t of this from TPC (pricey way to go) May have to add to my lust-list!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Joining tdem in Lolita Lempicka! Gosh I love this stuff...starts off cool and warms up along the way, sweet with notes of anise the whole way through! MMMMMMMMMMMMM I should wear this one more often.

Musse, you're smelling especially fabulous this Monday! Love your SOTD!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ...before I got my mouth straightened out I had to be dragged to the DDS in a tumbrel...
    Lol! I'm sorry to laugh, Taolady...but that is funny.

Frederic Malle's Bigarade Concentree for me today (first time I've tried the sample). I'm enjoying the orange zest so far.
    Last edited by Ailuros; 27th October 2008 at 01:10 PM.

Basenotes Institution

White by Comme des Garcons

Sunny and blustery today, so feeling fresh, bright and unisex in Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarin cologne.

Wordbird: hope your teefs are feeling okay now
    SMM: what a wonderfully splendid, extended birthday!

Happy day, all!

Diesel Fuel For Life Pour Homme
    Gary

I'm on to my second scent for today: l'Artisan, Timbuktu.

Hope your dental ordeal is over and you are resting comfortably and bathed in fragrance, Wordbird.

I am wearing Fumerie Turque, such a lovely oriental.

Pants! Small person jogged my hand while pressing the edit button and I lost my post.
    I was wearing Clarins but changed my mind and have matched with Tao in YDAN - hoping ot pick up some of her calm vibrations while the dentist drills and fills and I orbit the lightbulb.
    Hey ho. Gotta go.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Egoiste (Chanel)

Good morning! I'm sampling MAUBOUSSIN today. From what I'd read, I expected that this one might be a little over-the-top in sweetness and power, but it's not! So far it's a restrained beauty, just right for a fall day of work or play (work, in my case!).

I hated the musty mango note in Timbuktu, so I'm onto my third scent. Guerlain's Apres l'Ondee. I don't think I'll be getting a bottle, but I think I've tried enough for one day, so I'll stick with this for the rest of the day.

BURN LIQUID - Asian Pear Persimmon Body Cream

I, too, am wearing Mauboussin today. I didn't imagine I'd enjoy it as much as I am. The peach in this this is delish.

Abdul Kareem Musk layered with Alyssa Ashley edt

Nina Ricci Coeur Joie for me today. Have a great Monday, all.

To face that it's Monday again, I am wearing Obsession.

Whatever happens.....cling to your bottle of Jicky
    So glad this day is almost over.....

::bath and a bottle of wine, I think...::

Good luck at the dentist, Wordbird. My teeth are aching with you out of pure sympathy.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Good morning!

Starting my fourth L'Artisan week with a trip to Timbuktu.
    I'll be meeting you there later this afternoon.

For now, its:
    L'Artisan ParfumeurMûre et Musc Extrême
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 27th October 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Another week starts and for me it's cdG 2, a woody, inky rose!

WORDBIRD - good luck at the Dentist. A necessary evil, but necessary it is!

SMM - so great to see you had such an awsome birthday. Thanks for the "peek" inside.

I'm drenched in MITSOUKO this morning. Was supposed to go in for a meeting, but since it was cancelled, I'm on my own and can smell as skanky as I want today. Yum!!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Montana Parfum d'Homme

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Musse, you're smelling especially fabulous this Monday! Love your SOTD!
    Thank you so much, ubu! You´re not exactly smellin´ bad either...(se my perfume icon )

Coco is still going strong, so I just supplied with a tiny squirt at the back of my neck for the evening.

Talking about dentists and gynecologists - I had an appointment with my hairdresser this pm, and I truly hate going there. Honestly, I feel more comfortable with the gynecologist, I hate "having people in my hair". (now, that sounded weird...)

It's Sira des Indes for me today. I wear this about twice a year and forget about it otherwise. Have been in a sweetish mode lately as the weather cools down. The bugs aren't as plentiful so I run less risk of being attacked for smelling like a Good Humor bar.

SotA - Donna Karan Gold edp, which just arrived in the mail. This is one potent, strange fragrance. I think I like it. But it won't be for everyday casual use. It's more for conjuring.

One of my easy-to-wear-to-work favourites - O de Lancome

SOTE is L'HEURE BLEUE PDT

SMM- I'm SO sorry I missed your day !
    Big Kissees to you [ as you can only imagine, my pet].
    [Had no computer access for days...!]

So sorry, Wordie !
    Mouselet, I hate anyone in my head.
    I firmly feel that my head is MINE- you may have your way with the rest of me, but leave my poor head alone, pullease !

[BTW, first migraine in over 6 months]

Sniffa was exhausting, crowded, noisy.
    Lots of fun.
    Many hugs, kisses, new and old friends.

I was moderate- had a pre-existing substantial store credit, so bought my Jubilation 25, which sings on me.
    Tiny Eau Lente- soon to be discontinued.
    Noir de Noir-because we love each other, and many others were glued to my boobs, sooooo........

I won Love in Black, due to Creed 'pole dancing', for lack of a better phrase- but gave it to one who loves it.Despite her rampant protestations and threats, LOL.
    Won raffle of Carnal Flower- which I will share.

Resisted Bois 1920 Real Patchouly - which wants to be my consort.
    Also resisted Histoire Des Parfums 1740- one dirty dog which howls at the moon on my cleavage- but it has to wait, alas.
    The real world summons !

I'm sorry I missed all the action and events here.

Big kisses to all- in Noir de Noir.

SotD was LOVE's TRUE BLUISH LIGHT
    SotE is Montale's BLUE AMBER

Smile Re: SotD Monday 27 October

SotD Mure et Musc Cologne
    SotE Neil Morris's wonderful Aegean--(a delightful citrus, top-heavy with bergamot though the latter is not listed in the notes...how can this be!?)

Musc Ravageur made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post

I won Love in Black, due to Creed 'pole dancing', for lack of a better phrase- .

I can just imagine the oh so elite inviting all the famous mature perfumista's out to come and pole dance at their estate. A mix between some horrible trashy X rated movie and a costume drama perhaps?

' So ladies, any news on Mr. Darcey ( or any Creed)? Have you seen him at the last dance, I was sure I was about to be overcome with joy when he walked in, he dances oh so elegantly and his smile..I say, I was about to'

and the scene changes when she gets up and jumps into a pole throwing her hair loose.

It's late and I have been under some stress, that's my excuse for that what I wrote above.

I really hope we can all wear some L' Artisan this week. Sometimes i read the stats and I wonder if the womens forum actually makes a difference in the stats

Vanille Noire Du Mexique.

had an upsetting moment when I was rushing out and realized that I did not post my scent of the day
    Gave Bois de Paradis a full wearing and it lasted, delightfully all day. I realized that this scent reminds me of two others, first, mure and musc, because of the blackberry note, and next, Nanadebary Bronze, because of its spice, this one has a bit of a kick to it as the day wears on, like a love bite or an affectionate pinch.

Tonight I am sampling two things the mailman brought me,
    first, Chanel Beige...my first fleeting impression is of plastic sandals at the beach. playing Barbie in the summer sun outside, something plastic and synthetic, not disagreeable, but not approachable either. First impressions only.

Right now I am enjoying my blind buy of Parfums de Nicolai Sacrebleu. I am so pleased with this! My first impression out of the bottle, the first whiffs, they reminded me of Pez candy! And then I smelled something like wintergreen or spearmint. What remains right now is a sweet, minty alto presence, this gives me a bright, happy feeling.

more later. when the drydown hits.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 27th October 2008 at 10:30 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Chaya...just LUVED your Sniffa experience description!!

No word from Wordy so I guess she's OK.

Came home to a lovely smelly packet of smelly!! A bottle of my beloved Tesco Fig Almond and Cassis - a gift from VM I Hate Civet who also hates FAC. (Doesn't work on her - hence the generous offer to send it to an appreciative home!) (Goody goody for me.)

The bottle had leaked somewhat in transit - filling my little office with it's heavenly aura!! Wearing it for the evening also to honor Wordy - who sicced me onto it in the first place!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze