Code of Conduct

Default How many samples..are in your purse/bag right now?

I went looking for my Voleur de roses sample to refresh it from this morning.

I couldn´t find it because there were samples of datura noir, dzing , a la nuit, Jicky, sel de vetiver and Jardin Mediterannee in my purse.

Some are to test and others are to refresh..

I feel like a junkie with so many tester vials in my bag.

Admit, how many can you find?
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Default Re: How many samples..are in your purse/bag right now?

oh don't! My husband laughs at me for always ALWAYS having hankies and perfumes with me. I actually found several 15ml bottles in my bag when I last emptied it out.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Good grief, this is embarassing, but I'll fess up...I have 12 Neil Morris testers, 6 new vials from Luckyscent, and two samples from TPC for a total of 20 different fragrances.

I always have a bottle of perfume in my bag but only ever one or two samples because I do most of my testing at home. Around the house however they are dotted everywhere: I just found one sample I thought had been binned ages ago but no, it was hiding out in the bathroom cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    Good grief, this is embarassing, but I'll fess up...I have 12 Neil Morris testers, 6 new vials from Luckyscent, and two samples from TPC for a total of 20 different fragrances.

Very impressive Lizzie!

I usually have 1 full bottle and 5 to 6 decants.

In my pocketbook? Only six. In my possession? Hmm, not that many. Maybe 15?

Bag, no samples unless I've been shopping/hunting for samples and scored some. But I always seem to have scent strips clouding up the contents of my purse. Last night I went scrounging for tissue and came back with 3 scent strips. Amber Ylang Ylang lasted impressively long, but that's for another thread... Here I am wanting to blow my nose and end up sniffing strips.

But surfaces in the house are littered with samples. Almost all surfaces.

I stopped carrying samples because somehow they would become uncapped and leak. But scent strips, yes, just as lushsoup mentions above.

Smile Re: How many samples..are in your purse/bag right now?

I have to add to this...I found two Crazystick Solids in my purse (okay, so it's a messenger bag, and THAT'S why I have so many fragrances in it..cough cough....) for a total of 22 different fragrances. I guess it's past time to ask my 12 y/o daughter to organize my purse for me!!

Thumbs up Re: How many samples..are in your purse/bag right now?

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    Very impressive Lizzie!

I usually have 1 full bottle and 5 to 6 decants.
    Now THAT's impressive! A full bottle AND decants! Love it....!!

None. And no scent strips, either. I also have managed to contain my samples to only a couple of places--my cupboard and my desk. I do have alot of samples, tho...

None. When first testing, I like to make notes and often time it is only possible at home, not on the run. Every once in a great while I would take a bottle/de***t with me if I feel I would need to refresh the scent in the course of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I stopped carrying samples because somehow they would become uncapped and leak. But scent strips, yes, just as lushsoup mentions above.
    Oh yes. I once had an Etro Lemon Sorbet sample uncap in my Bermuda pocket giving me a wet spot in the wrong area. How embarrasing ..luckily it was hot and the wet spot dried up quickly.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

This is nothing to be embarrassed about. Be proud! I'm jealous of your NM testers all 12 of them!

None. If I were going to work at a job everyday, I'd probably have one or two tucked in my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    None. And no scent strips, either. I also have managed to contain my samples to only a couple of places--my cupboard and my desk. I do have alot of samples, tho...
    How I would love a picture of such an organizational feat.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Oh yes. I once had an Etro Lemon Sorbet sample uncap in my Bermuda pocket giving me a wet spot in the wrong area. How embarrasing ..luckily it was hot and the wet spot dried up quickly.
    Oh, my goodness, that must have been a sight to see. Glad I am not the only one who had a perfume mishap of that sort, though yours sounds more fun, if more scandalous.

Morning Star

I usually carry one or two samples in my pocket at any one time. I do keep a ZipLock bag containing samples in my laptop bag most of the time too, if I know I won't be having to expose it to very hot weather. Currently, that ZipLock bag plus my pocket has 19 sample vials ... so lizzie_j has me just barely beat.

Blog Entries

About once a month I try to clean out my purse and throw away unimportant receipts, accumulated cosmetics, and always lots and lots of scent strips. On the plus side, my purse smells almost as good as my samples box! I'm much more diligent about putting my vials back away. I'm too afraid they'll leak and I'll lose precious juice. I've had this happen before with a mini. It was like being forced to wear the same perfume (Ysatis) every day for weeks!
    Last edited by Heartwood; 29th October 2008 at 07:59 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I have 2 mini's and 2 samples. I dont have many samples. They are getting really stingy about giving them away at the makeup counter these days.

I am glad you said "right now" or it would have become very embarrassing

I just threw in a purse spray with Angelique Encens (SotD) and I always carry a purse spray of Encens et Lavande and Jicky. The 'paracetamol for my brain'. Emergency.....grab the Jicky.

And then there are seven samples I labelled with numbers, no names. This way I can test them during a working day without being influenced by the name of the house or the nose.
    ::yes, I have a reference list at home::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Three, for those emergencies that covers all occasions.
    Infusion d'Iris, Shalimar, Madame X

all in well loved ziploc bag.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

My purse is so small that only my wallet and my phone can fit in. I hate large bags. And I stopped placing samples and perfumes in my bag when a mini got broken and I had to stick with that smell for some weeks. It was Ange ou Demon by Givenchy, which i don't particularly adore, by the way. My headphones still smell like it, even though a couple of months passed since that incident. lol

Right now I have a 7ml Fracas extract and a 1ml sample of Tubéreuse Criminelle in my handbag.
    I do keep 1 to 2 bottles of scent at work for emergency.

For a while, when I was going mini-purse, I had none. But now that I'm back to mega-purse, I had two samples in my purse today. Diptyque Tam Dao and Miller et Bertaux Spiritus #2.