Code of Conduct

Default Long lasting fragrances?

Hello everyone. I am a 34 y/o male in London. I'm new to posting, but have been reading post for ages :0)

As with many, I am always looking for interesting fragrances. I am a beginner - current faves are Prada Man, Jo Malone (Wild fig & Cassis, also Blue Agava & Cacao) and Jean Paul Gaultier le Male

However, on me I always find that they do not last long at all. (I am aware that I might just be getting used to the fragrance - but even so)

Can anyone recommend anything long lasting? Not necessarily strong but that's okay too. If I had a pitch, it would be stylish (i'm an office bod and often wear suits!) and something atractive for my wife

Any help much appreciated, and sorry if I sound like such a newbie!

Default Re: Long lasting fragrances?

Hello Dystran,

You mentioned Suits - so

Rochas Lui,
    Boucheron Pour homme,
    Lalique Lion,
    Bulgari pour homme
    Geir

are some of the colognes I would suggest for you for your office wear...my office too behooves me to wear suits..and use the above mentioned fragrances frequently ...all of them are really long lasting ...Sample each of them - am sure you will find them quite appealing

Welcome Dystran Do you use a moisturizer after you shower? If you have dry skin, like me, that may help.

I'm surprised at the JPG not lasting.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 27th October 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Are you spraying your neck? If so, stop - it will cause nose fatigue faster than anything, and your scents will quickly 'disappear' even though they're going strong and everyone else in the room notices them. The closer a scent is to your nose, and more importantly, the more *constant* the olfactory stimulation from the scent is, the more your brain is going to work to block it out.

I only mention this because you've got Prada Amber and Le Male listed, both of which are powerhouses in the longevity department (the latter, especially so!). Try spraying less, not more, and spray at mid-chest at the highest, maybe one spray to the mid chest, one to the stomach area. Try that for a few days and see if you don't detect the scent longer. Maybe one spray to a wrist too, and then dab it onto the other wrist from the first.

Sorry, I know that's not exactly the advice you were looking for, but oftentimes in the world of fragrance, less literally is more (well, more enjoyment for yourself, at least!)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Dystran View Post
    Hello everyone. I am a 34 y/o male in London. I'm new to posting, but have been reading post for ages :0)

As with many, I am always looking for interesting fragrances. I am a beginner - current faves are Prada Man, Jo Malone (Wild fig & Cassis, also Blue Agava & Cacao) and Jean Paul Gaultier le Male

However, on me I always find that they do not last long at all. (I am aware that I might just be getting used to the fragrance - but even so)

Can anyone recommend anything long lasting? Not necessarily strong but that's okay too. If I had a pitch, it would be stylish (i'm an office bod and often wear suits!) and something atractive for my wife

Any help much appreciated, and sorry if I sound like such a newbie!
    For the office, Caron's Pour Un Homme, a nice lavander and longivity stretching into days. One, perhaps two shots to the chest and you are done for the day (at the minimum)
    Last edited by richard d; 27th October 2008 at 09:31 PM.