Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 28 October

The poem of BrothaG said it so perfectly, when he described this fragrance last Sunday.

I am envelopped now in the incense and precious woods that bring tranquility and peace.

Annayake's Miyako

They say it is a fragrance 'for a mysterious woman'. Will have to work on that, certainly at this hour of the day......

Have a great Tuesday!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 28 October

Feeling a little blue today,so I'm seeking comfort in Chergui today.
    SotE is Madame X.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 28th October 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Hope you chase the blues away soon, ineespenes. Going to bed now, but will likely choose Lonestar Memories in the am.

Jungle Le Tiger by Kenzo

Le Baiser du Dragon perfumed hair and body mist.
    I'm loving this at the moment.

Morning Star

Default Re: SotD Sunday 26 October 2008

Sunday 26 October 2008
    Morning: Neil Morris October (I was the gingerbread man for a day ...)
    Afternoon: Frédéric Malle Noir Epices
    Evening: Yves Saint Laurent Kouros

Smile Re: SotD Tuesday 28 October

Enjoy your beautiful & calming Miyako, HM!

Napoleon's warmth for today: Parfum d'Empire EAU DE GLOIRE
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Salvador Dali.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Le Baiser du Dragon perfumed hair and body mist.
    I'm loving this at the moment.
    Same here!

Despite the weather heating up, I'm still clinging onto my winter fragrances. Today I wore Un Bois Vanille, but it didn't last nearly as long as last time!

L´Artisan Voleur de Roses and Vanilia

all week is for me L´Artisan week to see if I can see a difference in the weekly stats. Feel free to join
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Morning: Neil Morris October (I was the gingerbread man for a day ...)
    Afternoon: Frédéric Malle Noir Epices
    Are you going down town with SMM later, looking for trouble?
    (SMM's tales of the dark underbelly of baked goods make me snort coffee out of my nose at the breakfast table - most embarrassing!)

I am scent twins with Jillsy today - g'day chick! - in Lutens' Un Bois Vanille. It is strangely burnt and licoricey and I'm never quite sure if I like it when I'm wearing it.

Yesterday's trip to the dentist was successful, thanks to a large amount of codeine beforehand, a good talking-to from myself involving 'stiff upper lips' and comments about childbirth and 'just have to get on with it and do it' and - most important element of success - a dentist armed with a bucketload of Novacaine. She actually said 'I can't give you any more! What do I do now?' and we decided a big hammer to knock me out would be just the trick. However, we got there and it really didn't hurt as much as I'd feared and bless her, Dr Sanchez even laughed at my lame jokes.

It was an emergency root canal.
    I was reasonably brave.

And today IT DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!!!!!!
    So I am over the moon.

Plus, hubby gave me my housekeeping money.
    So... what perfume should I buy to treat myself????
    (Oh I'm so bad!)
    Last edited by Wordbird; 28th October 2008 at 10:16 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Oh, Wordie- I'm glad THAT is over.
    Doesn't everyone smell LUSH .....

Courage, chere ines.!

I'm channeling boychik SMM today- Angel Amen Pure Coffee.
    Maybe it's good for raging migraines....

Kissimoes, my peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    And today IT DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!!!!!!
    So I am over the moon.

(Oh I'm so bad!)
    Well done mate! I haven't braved the dentist in a long time now. Hehehe, judging by your wishlist and given winter is coming up for you I'd suggest LTBL

I'm now in Opium (EdT) for my SotE.

Cuir de Russie early in the morning. I feel I'm out of this present, back into timeless chic. But then I'm quite an ancient lady myself: I love dresses, skirts, silk and lots of unpractical stuff. Or perhaps it's this rainy weather...

Sacrebleu today for its first full wearing. The drydown from last night's impressions evolved into a calm incense. I quite like this one. DIfferent from anything else in my wardrobe.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Oh, Wordie- I'm glad THAT is over.
    Doesn't everyone smell LUSH .....

Courage, chere ines.!

I'm channeling boychik SMM today- Angel Amen Pure Coffee.
    Maybe it's good for raging migraines....

Kissimoes, my peeps.
    What I have found that is good for raging migraines is 12.5 mg of Phenergan and one hour of sleep per mg Not compatable with a busy lifestyle though. Hope your head feels better. I HATE migraines.

Wearing my new YR Rose Absolue that I received yesterday from the Pink Bottles Contest ( thanks ms. tang!:wave. After I get back from spinning who knows what the day will hold.

Have a great day everyone, you all smell fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    (Oh I'm so bad!)
    That´s not being bad; that´s being practical. Besides we all know how expensive food is nowadays. :bounce:

(My suggestion: Après l´Ondée)

Today I´m wearing Romance by Ralph Lauren. Reminds me a bit of Flower by Kenzo, but more "metallic".

Been trying to sew curtains for the windows in the basement today. By hand, as I don´t own a sewing machine. "Swing - and a miss!!" as daughter said.

Ineespenes, hope your blues (and Chaya's migraine) melt away HOURS before your fragrance does!

Wordie, FABULOUS JOB at the dentist!!! Having had an emergency root canal myself (and also being a completely idiot when it comes to dental care, something to do with my childhood dentist claiming he was "so good he didn't need to use novacaine or any other pain killer," even when putting in fillings ), I salute you! Now go spend that household money on Ava Luxe.

Sharing 1/3 of the house with Asaroth, in Neil Morris Earthtones #1: Dark Earth.

Dark Earth Notes: Myrrh, sandalwood, golden musk, frankincense, green note, earth accord.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 28th October 2008 at 11:49 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Don't you just LUV how Astaroth has his whole fragrant day planned out with gorgeous show and tell bottles?

And speaking of bottles - WHO is Roberto's photog?? And Dimi's??? SO beautiful.

And Wordy - you are just so funny. Why waste money on vittles when seductive smellies call? I MEAN.

Healing energy to the migraine sufferers.

Chaeleran sent me a sample of Dzongkha (thankyouthankyou!) that I'm going to live in today. KBE had introduced me to this a while back and I was semi-smitten - now I'm fully smitten. On me the opening is a blast of peonies and lichee (!!)...it goes into a woody smoky phase...and settles into a sweet iris musk with a hint of glove leather. SO unusual.

But as I recall I'm gonna go through the whole sample by the end of the day...doesn't hang in there on me.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 28th October 2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Manners
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Way to go Wordbird better living through chemistry (and the drugs they produce)
    I can always use a wingman on my visite to Candy Town if Astaroth is up for it.
    Chaya if you get the sudden urge to start wearing a gingerbread scent you'll really be channeling me.
    Wearing my birthday present from my sister:

Kenzo Power

I had tried a sample of this and thought it was OK. This morning on second wearing I'm liking it much more. I'll have to go back and look to see what I wore the day before the last time I tried this. This time with Rose D'Homme as its lead in the floral character of Power seems much more lively and vibrant on me. As a result I'm liking it more.
    Have a great Tuesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Serge Lutens - Gris Clair

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vintage by John Varvatos as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Inees and Chayale, hope you're feeling better soon.

Yay, Wordie! Go treat yourself to a big jug of something

Sotd is Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile

top notes: iris, bergamot, mandarin, star anise
    middle notes: orris, cedar flower, orange blossom
    base notes: ambrette seeds, Madagascar vanilla

A beautiful take on iris; soft, sweet and luscious.

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm in Light Blue.

Hope you all having a lovely Tuesday.

Edit: Decided on Mille & Une Roses by Lancome, from a sample, for the first time. Rose is very satisfying to me lately. I think it's the cooler weather. This one is very pretty, but I'm just as happy with my (inexpensive) Yves Rocher Rose Absolute.

Enjoy the day.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 28th October 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Eau de Guerlain for me today.

Caron's Fleur de Rocaille

Feel like a powerhouse today ~ so my SOTD is

POISON Esprit de Parfum

Almost twins with Coconut, whose avatar makes me smile every time
    Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant

Not very much online these days...been so busy! Ok, I read enough old SotD threads to find the mammo was ok, ComDiva! I am sooooo glad you're perfectly fine

Started the day in Montale

Mukhallat

from a sample...it is smelling of wild strawberry candy on a base reminiscent of Chypré Vanillé. And it had a very short life on my skin, unlike any other Montale I tested/own. Not FBW for me.
    I'll change to something else later.

Kisses to all of you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Habanita.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

The Divine Dior Homme is keeping my spirits afloat on a rather anxious day at work. I feel down, then get a whisper of one of the world's greatest fragrances, and some order is restored. That is what perfume can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Wordie, FABULOUS JOB at the dentist!!! Having had an emergency root canal myself (and also being a completely idiot when it comes to dental care, something to do with my childhood dentist claiming he was "so good he didn't need to use novacaine or any other pain killer," even when putting in fillings ), I salute you! Now go spend that household money on Ava Luxe.
    Dang ScentMom! I knew there were some sadistic dentists.... but that takes the cake!

Wordbird - glad you got that over with. Most importantly - pain free!

Today's scent - Guerlain's Cuir Beluga. Doesn't smell like leather or (beluga) whales. More like a confectionary. Heavy musky spices to start, then violette pastilles, then a loukhoum-style scent, heavy on a marzipan almond. Whatever leather is in here is mighty faint (a motorcycle dude in a candy store?) and if there is a whale lurking, it may be in a hint of ambergris at the base. Stunning stuff.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good on you Wordbird for getting through the dental unpleasantness. I had a root canal job once that the dentist botched - she was actually swearing and saying she couldn't do it while my mouth was filling up with blood, hampering a snippy rejoinder. And when she got the nerve out she offered to show it to me - it was sitting in her hand, quivering, much like me in my chair...Long story short, the tooth was later removed by a colleague and my dentist never practised dentistry again, but set up a restaurant in the next town. Perhaps she serves teeth rottingly sweet desserts to get her own back on the system that found her wanting.

Anyway, today I am having a sniff-off of "feminine woods" with Lovely, NR For Her, DSQUARED She Wood and EL Sensuous. Sensuous is not as sweet as I remembered and I prefer it and She Wood to the earlier variants on this theme, which seem overly musky now somehow.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 28th October 2008 at 02:27 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Wordbird: Yes to the stiff upper lip and drugs, lots of them! You certainly deserve a reward, dearie!

Ineespenes: Take good care.

I am wearing the same house as Roberto, AG, but instead chose Sables. I am hoping that the warm spices will chase away the cold rain.

Basenotes Institution

Finally - cool weather has arrived in Miami!!!! Headed right for my sample pile and decided to wear...

Chypre Rouge by Serge Lutens (first time from a sample - thanks Leopoldo)

Une Fleur de Cassie, from Frederic Malle. I'm enjoying it, but probably not enough to get a bottle.

Feminite du Bois for me today for added warmth. It's most definitely a fall day today -- and not the "good" kind of fall weather. We're talking very cold, blustery and gray.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Index Patchouli Pure by Fresh

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Chaya: Sniffing lavender oil can help with migraine headaches. (Also, caffeine, dark room, sleep...)

SotD: I'm not decided, but thinking Dior Homme for grounding me at work.

Neil Morris testing continues in Intimate Vanilla on the left forearm and October on the right.
    Comfort scents they are. (talking like Yoda am I)

I'm to a birthday luncheon in SAMSARA.

Have a great day all!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Shalimar Light (Guerlain)

Gio Pour Homme by Armani
    Gary

Beloveds, I need to update you.

The phone rings off the hook.
    My mother is unresponsive, and will soon pass.
    Despite her rampant cruelty, I love her and am despondent, can't stop crying.
    It's for the best- but it hurts SO much.

I am impotent to do anything but pray.
    I thought you might want to know.

Chaya, I'm very sorry to hear this. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts for this time of suffering for you and your family. Big ((hug)) to you and yours.

Blog Entries

Chaya-- I'm so sorry to hear you are in pain both physically and emotionally! Your grief, however, means you are a such a good, compassionate person. I'll be thinking of and praying for you too. <BIG HUGS!>

I'm going to go sample something at lunchtime when I have an errand to run. Don't know what, but I'll find something!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

L'Artisan ParfumeurTimbuktu
    Again.
    I LOVE this stuff!!

Chaya,
    I'm so sorry! I've gone through what you just described three years ago the day my Dad passed.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in hopes that you find strength, comfort, and peace.
    You'll get through this!

Chaya - positive vibes.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Chaya ~ will be praying for you and your family. SotD ~ Belle en Rykiel. The more I wear this the more I love it. I may need to get a back up bottle before Marshalls sells out.

Blog Entries

Annick Goutal "Songes"-- it's a sample which I liked but couldn't wear before (gave me a headache)-- but today I like it, and no ill effects. It certainly lasts!

Prada INFUSION D'IRIS

Chaya My thoughts are with you and your family. My hope is that you all find the peace and strength to weather whatever will happen over the next few days.
    Most of all make sure you take care of yourself.
    Don't add to your burden by running yourself down.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

(((Chaya)))

Wearing my old stalwart, Soir de Lune, today.Nearly twelve hours after application, the faintest whiffs of woody rose still linger. It's good quality stuff.

Was planning to go to London to hear Toni Morrison speak at the South Bank today, but my plans were scuppered because it .... STARTED SNOWING!

And it isn't even Hallowe'en yet! Good grief!

Chaya, sending hugs and prayers your way. I'm so sorry. Amidst all of this, remember to keep yourself hydrated and eat. It's easy to forget those things at times like this. So sorry.

A sleepless night for me here, and I saw your message.
    Chaya, I Will pray for you and your family. Take Care.

Hugs.

(((Chaya)))
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Chaya know that there are people who are keeping you and your mother in their thoughts and prayers also.
    You're not alone although the pain engulfs you. I can't offer any clever words or articulate thoughts, just a feeling of comfort which I hope reaches you at this time.

Wordbird I will offer a couple of suggestions for your housekeeping money: En Avion or Amber Ylang Ylang. There, I think you have enough very different suggestions to be totally confused now but I'd like to know which one you do choose.

Today I wore Hypnose which is OK but I wonder if I'll ever get to the bottom of this bottle. Only about 5mls to go. Tonight I'm wearing Allure Sensuelle, Crystal Noir, Rush and Habanita. Crystal Noir knocks the others out for potency and Rush wins for sweetness while Habanita is the most beguiling with it's chameleon like qualities. Allure Sensuelle can't compete against the other three and comes across as a 'dazed and confused' mishmash. I usually love Allure Sensuelle but it has been well and truly floored by the 'towering trio'.