Code of Conduct

Default Opium Pour Homme.

Today i bought Opium pour homme! For me it was a choice between Boucheron pour homme, Opium pour homme, and Jaipur pour homme. I wanted something very elegant, sophistcated and hi-class. And after an hour () in the perfume-shop, my decision was Opium.
    It smell so great! Sharp and soft at the same time. Its best after an hour with a beautiful drydown. This is a hi-quality scent, and beats down all the new synthetic-scents out there! Its amazing and sensual yet masculine, and i cant hardly wait to use this to work tomorrow!
    Its a pity i didn`t discover it a bit earlier, becouse its so sophisticated!

Default Re: Opium Pour Homme.

Goood Choice! enjoy!

Awesome choice, it is a really soft and delicate scent but at the same time very dark, smoky, and intenseky masculaine. You picked up the EDP? Opium EDP is probably the cloest thing to a perfect fragrance that I have ever come accross. Enjoy!

When Opium pH was released I had thought it was going to be similar to the original version (for women). Let me explain: I always loved the original Opium, and when in 1982 Aramis' JHL was launched, I considered it as its male counterpart.

Thus, when Opium pH was finaly released, I thought my dream was coming to reality... to no avail! It did not have anything to do with it. Believe me, I tried OpH it a couple of times, I found it too spicy. Guess I will have to retry it before I finally make up my mind.

Moreover, I am tinking of buying Opium for Women as soon as I run out of JHL. Yes, I wll stoichally take all the criticisms around this, a fact proving my weirdness around this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Awesome choice, it is a really soft and delicate scent but at the same time very dark, smoky, and intenseky masculaine. You picked up the EDP? Opium EDP is probably the cloest thing to a perfect fragrance that I have ever come accross. Enjoy!

They did not have the EDP, so i picked the EDT. I will try it next time! In the meantime i will also go for the all-over-shower gel! i saw that strewberrynet.com had it in their assortment..

opium ph edt is in my wishlist too but i also want m7 from the same perfumer and brand which is less spicey. It could be that i buy both and use opium more at home and m7 more outside. I am not sure and want to try them again.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Great choice, as it's the most versatile of the three (not necessarily a bad thing). I've never given the original Opium much attention but, for someone who loves exotic scents, I much prefer Serge Luten's Arabie.

I love the "creaminess" of Opium pour Homme. (It dries down to a velvety, creamy kind of gourmand on my skin, with lots of spices and amber.)

It's easily one of the best buys out there for under $20.00.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Where can I find the EDP version of Opium Pour Homme? I've never seen it anywhere, in a store or online.

Quote Originally Posted by PJX007 View Post
    Where can I find the EDP version of Opium Pour Homme? I've never seen it anywhere, in a store or online.
    imaginationperfumery.com used to have it. You may want to check them out.

Opium PH has great notes, but the drydown is a bit too boozey for me. I seldom wear it nowadays and have taken to wearing Opium pour Femme instead. A beautiful thing.

I really like this fragrance....my wife however, does not. Her loss.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Is there enyone here who would recomend me to pick one of the other instead? (boucheron ore jaipur)?
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 29th October 2008 at 08:08 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Opium Pour Homme.

Two weeks ago I bought the EDP + a refill bottle (received some action-discount).
    Its easy the best oriental I have;I also have a bottle of Opium Poesie de Chine;sold as a summer edition;i am sure this one is very usable in colder months too. EDP,EDT,Summer editions;believe me;you cannot go wrong with each of them.High class!!

There are other things similar enough to Boucheron to disqualify it from being chosen, though it is a lovely scent. Jaipur is one of my faves but is more likely to have an offensive note or two than Opium. Opium has a better blended feel and more complex development than Jaipur. So, looks like Opium wins.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    imaginationperfumery.com used to have it. You may want to check them out.
    Thanks Mrclmind. While it seems like it's not actually listed on the site, they do mention it's available in an EDP strength. I might just have to call on the phone to be able to order it, assuming they still carry it.

try here

http://www.beautyencounter.com/3365440025530.html

I was thinking of ordering it myself I have Opium EDT

But I am not ready to blind buy and no testers around

Oh, I forgot to mention... If you really like Opium, you'll get a thrill when Penhaligon's relaunches Lp9 in November. Its blend is very close to Opium's EDP.

Anyone else think that Opium PH EDP and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan are not disimilar ?

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    There are other things similar enough to Boucheron to disqualify it from being chosen, though it is a lovely scent. Jaipur is one of my faves but is more likely to have an offensive note or two than Opium. Opium has a better blended feel and more complex development than Jaipur. So, looks like Opium wins.

Oh, thank you very much! I`m so happy for all the positive comments here, and i`m more and more certain about the one i picked! I am very satisfied whit this scent, and i`m glad that i chose this one instead of the other two.. I think Boucheron was a bit too citrusy for me. Jaipur is very good, but has lacks of the freshness that Opium occupier..
    Opium is now one of my definitive favorits, and finaly i found what i`we been seeking for a long time!

I agree, Ambre Sultan and Opium are similar. I have only had a sample of Ambre Sultan. From that, I'd say I find it decidedly warmer and "heavier" than Opium. Not a bad thing, great fragrance, I'm sure I'll own a bottle one day.

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention... If you really like Opium, you'll get a thrill when Penhaligon's relaunches Lp9 in November. Its blend is very close to Opium's EDP.
    Thanks Argogos.

if we are talking about similar frags to opium ph than we should mentioned iceberg twice ph which is available very cheap and is more fresh and less spicy and fruity than opium ph edt. I coudn´t try opium ph EDP till now.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Anyone else think that Opium PH EDP and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan are not disimilar ?
    Drydowns are identical. Must be the same caliber of amber
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I will always have Opium PH in my wardrobe - EdT or EdP (or both if possible!) Excellent scents IMO.

I've also got Boucheron PH and Jaipur Homme - and both are worthy of my wardrobe, as I wear them at different occasions. I don't really care for citrus dominant scents, but Boucheron PH does it in a very classy way - formal (to the extreme at times )

And Jaipur is my comfort scent...when nothing else will satisfy, I reach for my Indian spice bomb

If I had to list in order of preference - Jaipur PH, Opium EdP, Opium EdT, Boucheron PH.

(BTW - I have Boucheron and Jaipur in EDP - I'm unable to comment on the EdT.)

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post
    I will always have Opium PH in my wardrobe - EdT or EdP (or both if possible!) Excellent scents IMO.

I've also got Boucheron PH and Jaipur Homme - and both are worthy of my wardrobe, as I wear them at different occasions. I don't really care for citrus dominant scents, but Boucheron PH does it in a very classy way - formal (to the extreme at times )

And Jaipur is my comfort scent...when nothing else will satisfy, I reach for my Indian spice bomb

If I had to list in order of preference - Jaipur PH, Opium EdP, Opium EdT, Boucheron PH.

(BTW - I have Boucheron and Jaipur in EDP - I'm unable to comment on the EdT.)

Speaking of Jaipur: -When i tried this one i could smell it many hours later, and i`m quite shure i could recognize something like Joop Homme in it! But this was in the absolute end of the base..

I have now ordred the shower-gel from Strawberrynet... It`s important to use the same line all the way! Looking forward to it!

I am testing Opium PH EDT right now..

My impressions so far:

Opium to me is synonym of word "oriental". It smells like sweet spicy exotic OIL in the begining. Then in middle notes there is strong soapy jasmine that reminds me Alien for women. Then at basenotes its very close to what I remember London for men was.. I rate it high but I dont think it is for me or that I can pull it off. Maybe 5-10 years later when I am over 35.. Actually just to be sure that I dont need it I smelled my whole wardrobe and realized that half of it smells to me and suits me much better than Opium. It is good... just not for everyone.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    if we are talking about similar frags to opium ph than we should mentioned iceberg twice ph which is available very cheap and is more fresh and less spicy and fruity than opium ph edt. I coudn´t try opium ph EDP till now.
    +one on Iceberg Twice, a very overlooked frag.

Point Blank

Opium pour homme is great but the drydown is too sweet. I prefer the limited edition Eau d'Orient - it has more of a modern feel to it while retaining the basic characteristics of the original.

Opium PH EDT is just about my favorite fall/winter night-time scent.

I would go with Boucheron PH EDP. It is spectacular - classy and sophisticated.

I don't like Jaipur at all.

It's out already. I picked it up in Saks Fifth Avenue yesterday.

I love Opium PH (both EDT and EDP), but I think the Penhaligon, while very very similiar, is even better.

Opium pour Homme truly stands out among the male fragrances still available today and represents uncompromising class, too distinguished and timeless to give in to temporary fads

I prefer the EdT over the EdP. The opening of the EdP almost smells like tobacco and it's just a little to thick smelling. The EdT is just right to my nose and I love it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com