Code of Conduct
    smeller

Default To what extent the Caron reformulations under Richard Fraysse affected men's line?

Only recently I discovered the Caron's scents. L'Anarchiste is the only one I'm not acquainted with.

I love them, except Pour Un Homme, which I'm still trying to like and I can see its greatness.

So, I wonder if those gems were affected by the new Caron's direction in the same way people claim it affected some feminine classics...

Default Re: To what extent the Caron reformulations under Richard Fraysse affected men's line

Fraysse needs to release original content. Jeez, what does this guy do at Caron all day? Keep reformulating the reformulations? Get to work Richard !
    -

Blog Entries

Default Re: To what extent the Caron reformulations under Richard Fraysse affected men's line

I am only familiar with Yatagan and 3rd Man. Yatagan is a significant reformulation (although the current one is really good too). #rd Man is practically the same. The top notes are just a bit richer in older formulation.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I'm wondering if the reformulations were to fit within the ever changing (and ever more restrictive) IFRA regulations. If so, he doesn't really deserve all the hate that's been heaped on him. He's shown he can be creative and turn out interesting original fragrances (the amazing L'Anarchiste).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    I am only familiar with Yatagan and 3rd Man. Yatagan is a significant reformulation (although the current one is really good too). #rd Man is practically the same. The top notes are just a bit richer in older formulation.
    I noticed a slight change with Third Man too. Glad to see it's not just my imagination. The top notes lack the depth and urgency of the original, but only marginally so. I hadn't used it since I spilt nearly a whole bottle of the original many years ago (which turned me off it for a while. Repurchased a few months ago and thought I detected a difference, although it's still one of my favourites.

They have all been made less rich. Yatagan was much deeper, 3 Man was more floral-if you can find the ugly bottle from the 90's, snatch it up. L'Anarchist has also been robbed of its odd, camphour/blood accord and basically smells 'nice' these days.That said, they are all still very good, but they were better.