Code of Conduct

Default No, it's actually NOT an AdG clone!

As of late, this has been bothering me quite a bit. So many scents get written off as Aqua Di Gio clones and even moreso, so many Basenoters seem to lump all fresh scents together. It's as if some people sniff any scent with an aquatic note and instantly turn off any further scrutiny and just mentally write it off as another AdG. I should know, I used to do the same - I felt that fresh scents were more or less all the same - the equivalent of pop drivel in music. Of course, they may be the equivalent of pop music, but then even pop music stretches from Josh Groban to Madonna to Eminem and beyond.

The last week or so I've devoted to re-trying the samples of all the fresh scents I had. My intent was to find the right match for me, and so I was scrutinizing them much more carefully than I had in the past, or is possible in the store on a card. I think fresh scents are especially difficult to differentiate on a card in the store; sure it's not hard to tell a lime opening from a bitter grapefruit, but take two orange openings and the differences are going to be harder to detect (not to mention the rest of the scent's development, something that is almost impossible to get an accurate read of from a tester strip).

Fresh and aquatic scents, as a whole, are unquestionably more limited in their diversity by the simple fact that if they stray too far from the guidelines, they become something besides a fresh scent. This is inevitable, but I don't think it's anymore reason to lump them all together than it would be to lump all haikus together because they share the same underlying syllabic structure.

I just get frustrated when I read reviews that say, for instance, that Versace Pour Homme is quite similar to Pi Neo, when nothing is further from the truth. The former is a bitter, sage heavy fresh scent with a light aquatic note in the form of hyacinth and a base of woods while the latter is a sweet citrus aquatic with a fair dose of vanilla. Saying those two are quite similar is like saying Gucci Pour homme and L'Anarchiste are similar because they both make use of a strong cedar note at some point in their development. Writing Z by Zegna off as "just another fresh scent like AdG" (hypothetical example, I'm not taking anyone to task here!) is just willful ignorance on the part of a reviewer as they are really nothing alike.

It just bothers me to see so many reviewers of various fresh scents write them off so quickly without taking the time to analyze the scent and really compare and contrast it - if not in the review then mentally, at least - with other fresh scents. It would be absurd to say "well, all of the CdG incense series feature incense, so if you've smelled one, you've smelled them all" - and yet that kind of mentality seems to be accepted and indirectly promoted (via acceptance) when it comes to light, fresh, aquatic scents. Again I say, like haiku, or any limited form such as the 12 bar blues, the genre as a whole has limitations but that is what makes it what it is (nobody complains that a fougere is built around lavender, oakmoss and coumarin), and that I think we do a disservice to ourselves and especially to others when we write reviews in haste, quickly judging a frag for superficial similarities to something else when we didn't have the intent to try and appreciate it for what it is in the first place.

Are fresh scents unfairly discriminated against as a whole? Am I alone in feeling this way? Well, I should hope not, and I hope that I can urge some others out there who may be just like I was - 'above' fresh scents and unwilling to sniff another 'generic consumer oriented concotion' more than superficially since that is all it deserved - into actually evaluating them in detail. It will help us get clearer reviews and direct people to the fresh scents most suitable towards them, but perhaps most importantly, it will help us all grow our noses and grow our ability to differentiate subtle differences in all scents, and hence increase our appreciation for this passion as a whole.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 30th October 2008 at 05:16 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: No, it's actually NOT an AdG clone!

My problem is that I rarely like aquatic notes. I try not to dismiss a genre as a whole, but that "aquatic" note is very distinctive - I believe it's created mostly with calone, right? - and puts me off a fragrance.

Oddly, purely aquatic fragrances I don't mind at all - Laura Tonatto's Oltre I like a good deal, even though I don't find it very wearable.

It's kind of like my reaction to mint. Its presence totally spoils many fragrances I might otherwise like, even though the smell of mint on its own I like.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 30th October 2008 at 05:57 AM.

There are few aquatic scents that I care for. But that's not to say that I dismiss them out of hand either. Just because I don't care for the style of a particular scent doesn't mean that I don't appreciate its composition. It's a shame when a fragrance genre gets a bad rap just because it happens to be popular. That being said however, due to the fact that the genre is so popular there is a lot of junk that smells like it was just thrown together to make a quick buck. But that's was true of past genres as well. There were masterpieces made in the 80s for example, but there were also many 80s powerhouse trash scents that were concocted to simply ride the wave of popularity. I think you are right to point out that each scent has a right to be judged on its own merits.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 30th October 2008 at 06:05 AM.

SculptureOfSoul , very good post. This is not about aquatics per se, but all fresh scents. Thanks you for this thread.

I really agree with you on the review aspect of your "rant", but this can be extended to all types of mens scents and not just "fresh" ones. I read several reviews from certain men who just seem to get a wiff of the scent on the card ( at the shop). Well, you cannot give a bloody review based on that experience. Just plain brutal in my opinion. I wish I could give names, but that would be childish. Back on topic...

Interesting you brought up the hypothetical comparison of Zegna Z to Aqua di Gio. Actually, some reviewers have, for some reason, compared the latter to Essenza di Zegna. Perhaps it is the word"di" in the title that makes them think the two smell alike. Or they both have some citrus notes. Okay? Well, the two do not smell alike, period ! To dismiss Essenza ( I do not care for it anymore) as another AdG is just ridiculous . Also, how can they be similar when AdG is considered an "aquatic". Essenza is surely not an aquatic, although I do not consider AdG to be one as well ( but most others do). I think of it as just a fresh citrus.

Zegna Z is a very good scent in my opinion and highly wearable ( this should count towards praise as well ?). I really like the scent, but it has poor longevity on me ( it may be my bottle). Yet it does get dismissed as "another fresh scent". I think the problem here is that people do not give a fragrance time. I need several months to properly assess a fragrance.

Anyways, your post is a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    It's as if some people sniff any scent with an aquatic note and instantly turn off any further scrutiny.....
    That describes my reaction very well.

My nose has adjusted to and subsequently embraced many fragrance genres that I had initially rejected out of hand - leather notes, tobacco notes and fougere accords to mention a few.

It is not for the lack of trying, but my nose has not adjusted to aquatic notes and still rejects them out of hand.

Perhaps that will change one day. Until then I will let others explore the nuances of aquatic fragrances as I cannot appreciate them.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    That describes my reaction very well.

My nose has adjusted to and subsequently embraced many fragrance genres that I had initially rejected out of hand - leather notes, tobacco notes and fougere accords to mention a few.

It is not for the lack of trying, but my nose has not adjusted to aquatic notes and still rejects them out of hand.

Perhaps that will change one day. Until then I will let others explore the nuances of aquatic fragrances as I cannot appreciate them.
    The thing is, superficially many may seem the same, but the term 'aquatic' is really as generic as say, 'oriential.' Many aquatics don't smell particularly watery to me (I'm with Surfacing - AdG doesn't smell aquatic to me but more like sweet melons and tea). Many smell fresh, citrusy, grassy. Versace PH, the one that I've sampeld that most suits me, smells a bit of water as a hyacinth note interplays with the sage, but then dries down to sage with a hint of citrus over the smell of dusty dry stones. Z Zegna has a wonderful citrus herb opening and then dries down to a grassier note with some musk - I had sampled this once ages ago - from a sample and on my skin - and literally couldn't remember a thing about it when I went to pick it up again except that it was "a fresh aquatic." I don't think my inability to recall anything about it was because it's too generic (it's really not), but more my refusal to properly evaluate it. Turns out that I don't like its drydown so much (the musky note doesn't work so well on me), but it's definitely nothing like AdG, Versace PH, Le Roy Soleil, etc etc.

That's why I don't understand writing off the category as a whole. There is such variation within it, if we'd only sniff with an open nose and open mind, that writing off the category as a whole is like a fan of fresh scents refusing to wear or even sniff anything that would be too heavy to qualify as a 'fresh scent.' Of course, if you never feel inclined to wear light scents such as these, I can not fault you, and I appreciate those who acknowledge they don't like the genre and subsequently don't write superficial remarks about scents - to each their own and I've no fault with that. I just think that among the myriad of fresh scents there are likely some that would impress even the most diehard Kouros and Yatagan (my SoTE!) fans.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 30th October 2008 at 06:55 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I enjoy fresh fragrances; half my wardrobe is what people would probably consider 'fresh.' However, there are alot of men's frags that all smell very similar, and the 'fresh/sport/aquatic' catagory in Mens is as over-populated as fruity-floral-vanilla is in ladies.
    I'd give every fresh fragrance a test, but I'd only re-test ones that stand out and actually smell interesting, rather than plain but pleasant.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Thumbs up Re: No, it's actually NOT an AdG clone!

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    My problem is that I rarely like aquatic notes.
    Me too!
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

For the writing off of Fresh scents is that while I may be able to tell the difference the average person cannot. I can remember wearing Old Spice Signature which to me is very different and better than most Aquatics and I have a girl flip out saying you are wearing ADG no Cool Water and I was like no and she said that is so familiar. I know they aren't all exactly the same but they are all similiar enough (with the exception of a few) that they could be mistaking for each other and to me that is a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The thing is, superficially many may seem the same, but the term 'aquatic' is really as generic as say, 'oriential.' Many aquatics don't smell particularly watery to me (I'm with Surfacing - AdG doesn't smell aquatic to me but more like sweet melons and tea). Many smell fresh, citrusy, grassy. Versace PH, the one that I've sampeld that most suits me, smells a bit of water as a hyacinth note interplays with the sage, but then dries down to sage with a hint of citrus over the smell of dusty dry stones. Z Zegna has a wonderful citrus herb opening and then dries down to a grassier note with some musk - I had sampled this once ages ago - from a sample and on my skin - and literally couldn't remember a thing about it when I went to pick it up again except that it was "a fresh aquatic." I don't think my inability to recall anything about it was because it's too generic (it's really not), but more my refusal to properly evaluate it. Turns out that I don't like its drydown so much (the musky note doesn't work so well on me), but it's definitely nothing like AdG, Versace PH, Le Roy Soleil, etc etc.

That's why I don't understand writing off the category as a whole. There is such variation within it, if we'd only sniff with an open nose and open mind, that writing off the category as a whole is like a fan of fresh scents refusing to wear or even sniff anything that would be too heavy to qualify as a 'fresh scent.' Of course, if you never feel inclined to wear light scents such as these, I can not fault you, and I appreciate those who acknowledge they don't like the genre and subsequently don't write superficial remarks about scents - to each their own and I've no fault with that. I just think that among the myriad of fresh scents there are likely some that would impress even the most diehard Kouros and Yatagan (my SoTE!) fans.
    I draw a large distinction betwen fresh scents and aquatic scents. "Fresh" scents are one of the four subfamilies within each of Michael Edwards' fragrance families. I own many fresh scents. I only own two aquatics - Set Sail St. Barts and Subtil pour Homme - which I hardly, if ever, wear.

You mentioned Versace pour Homme (2008). It is classified as a Woody Oriental not as a Water scent like Aqua di Gio. I do not have Z Zegna, classified a crisp Water, but I do have and enjoy ZegnaIntenso which is a fresh Woody Oriental.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th October 2008 at 10:21 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I like fresh scents. They're an odd creature that until you wear them, you don't notice the subtle differences between each one. Give them some time, like every other fragrance.

While I felt the same way as you at some point, I now understand that is is useless to defend aquatics. You either like them or you do not, and if you go either way it is fine. Saying that geir smells like aqua di gio says more about your nose than about the actual scents. Saying that AdG smells just like Leau dIssey (two very calone heavy scents) may be a valid description of your expirience with the two fragrances*, but it is not a very "analytical" and descriptive comparison of the scents.

*I understand people who always give this kind of judgements. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by irish; 30th October 2008 at 01:43 PM.

While I started out liking fragrances that featured aquatic or clean notes (I was born in 86), I have ventured onto orientals and more heavy compositions. I have always disliked AdG because the rosemary and persimmon combo is nauseating. However, I never dismiss a fragrance based on its family alone, it just so happens there have been horrible aquatics made in the past 20 years based on its popularity.
    Last edited by runstile; 30th October 2008 at 03:04 PM.

I agree with you. I've never liked Aqua di Gio much, despite numerous testings. But I've usually either liked or liked a lot all of the supposed clones - which don't smell much like Aqua di Gio to me.

I often wonder why Erolfa isn't described as an Aqua di Gio clone - to me it seems closer to ADG than many of those often described as its clones.
    Renato

Very good posting, SOS. I think what it comes down to is exactly what you said... many people on BN just dont care for the fresh-aquatic-type scents, so instead of giving an honest take/try, they dismiss them because they dont want to like them in the first place.

I think I read a review the other day of a "fresh scent" that said something along the lines of I'm not even going to waste my time reviewing this one... and believe it or not, the review passed! LOL! Someone actually admitting they didnt want to take the time to review the scent and that's exactly what they wrote, and it still gets the OK to be submitted. Unbelievable.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

I too detect an element of: "my olfactory is too developed for this generic AdG copy lolly-water" when some review modern fresh scents.
    To a certain extent I can even understand it.
    The question is if the proposed reviewer is adding any value putting forward a condescending opinion such as the above...

FWIW" I find some fresh scents to be very nice and some I find to be underwhelming.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

I draw a large distinction betwen fresh scents and aquatic scents. "Fresh" scents are one of the four subfamilies within each of Michael Edwards' fragrance families. I own many fresh scents. I only own two aquatics - Set Sail St. Barts and Subtil pour Homme - which I hardly, if ever, wear.

You mentioned Versace pour Homme (2008). It is classified as a Woody Oriental not as a Water scent like Aqua di Gio. I do not have Z Zegna, classified a crisp Water, but I do have and enjoy ZegnaIntenso which is a fresh Woody Oriental.

While you may, I don't think many do draw a distinction between aquatic and fresh scents, and quite frankly I'm not sure there's always a clear divide, and that's why I used the far more generic "fresh" scents categorization. The reviews for Versace PH equate it to AdG and Pi Neo, for instance, although I find that it has only a passing similarity to the former. But Michael Edwards' classification or not, many will sniff the topnotes of the Versace and write it off as those in the reviews have. I think JamieB's review does it far more justice than the others.

Z Zegna is citrus and grass with a light touch of herbs to this nose, with a musky drydown (that unfortunately turns into a 'Windex note' on my skin), but I don't really see how it's aquatic in the sense that say, Bulgari Aqua is.

So what is it that really makes a scent aquatic versus say a fresh citrus? The inclusion of calone? The inclusion of whatever chemical is so predominant in Azzaro Chrome (and also Montale's Sandflowers, which is like a smoother Chrome)? Based on what various people have labeled "just another aquatic" - and having sniffed them and seen some very vast differences - the term "just another aquatic" means nothing to me except that the scent is lighter than say Opium or M7.

I don't have any issue with people who dislike light or fresh scents as long as they are not writing reviews of scents - which some well known and respected reviewers do - they don't care to analyze at all, as it can steer newbies away from good scents and I think, directly or indirectly, influence those who respect that reviewer's opinion to write off the scent prematurely (Oh, ReviewerX who has great taste thinks this frag is worthless, I might as well not even sniff it.)

Strangely, some scents seem to be immune from this effect, such as Mugler Cologne, and I don't fully understand why.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

It seems to be an issue of those who have sampled many from the particular genre and like many of them versus those who don't like them enough to put the time into trying to determine all the subtleties involved. I do find it amusing when someone says that two frags are very similar when I experience important differences (and I've probably done this myself here on BN, especially when I was a total newbie to this). Let's keep that possibility in mind and not be too harsh on them. I don't think there's a way of eliminating this issue. It's "the nature of the beast." Instead, I suggest explaining what you feel are the key differences, which will be helpful to us all (unless we already know, of course, but even then you get "validation").

Read enough reviews on this site and you know to just skim through some of them as you become aware that the reviewer doesn't go for that type of genre. Still the very same reviewer will provide a stunning analysis of a frag in a category they do like. Must take with good w' the bad.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Blog Entries

I think you make a valid point, SoS. It seems to me that Versace PH has been something of a revelation for you, and has broadened your mind. Upon your earlier recommendation, I went back and sniffed it again, and was surprised by the complexity, and the difference from my first casual sniff.

As a Pi Neo lover, I don't see much similarity between that frag and VPH, personally.

Interestingly, Bulgari Aqua (a very strong aquatic) gets much favorable press here, and another aquatic, Un Jardin Apres la Mousson, generally gets terrible reviews. I think those two are easy to distinguish from most aquatics. Perhaps that is why they get strong reviews.

I agree that aquatics and fresh scents do fight an uphill battle around here. I think the scents probably deserve a better treatment, and I will try to avoid being dismissive of them in the future.

Well, I don't claim that Versace PH is a great fragrance by traditional standards, it just resonated with me in a sense. And while I try to judge a fragrance's composition as objectively as possible, I obviously use only subjective judgement when deciding if something is full bottle worthy to me. And yes, I guess it was a revelation in the sense that I didn't ask for the sample, and after a quick dab of it on my hand in the parking lot of Macys I had written it off as, and I think my exact words were "Eh, just another fresh scent" - and then here I am with a full bottle of it on the way!

I only wore the sample again one day by chance when I didn't know what else to wear, and found that it was quite nice, especially the scent carried in its sillage. This is what started me on my fresh scent escapade and I only wish I had more actual samples of fresh scents to test as I've not found any two from all I've tried to be so close to one another as to be indistinguishable when given a true full wearing. Dabbing them on an arm already covered in other scents is like trying to pick out the subtleties of a violin concerto while heavy metal is blasting from the speakers in an adjacent room.

As much as this started as a rant I'd like to point out that one of my main reasons for posting this was that, opening my mind to this category of scents has been thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding, as suddenly I've got a whole slew of new scents to explore, and a whole slew of new scent experiences to use in cross-analysis when evaluating new scents. It's also really cemented how useless anything but a real sample of a fragrance is when trying to do any in depth anaylsis.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 31st October 2008 at 05:28 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

It amazes me that fresh and aquatic fragrance are so popular in society, yet they are so disliked here on BN. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the folks here see that the majority of the thrown together designer fragrances, the cheapo Wal-Mart body sprays, and even most men's deodorants nowadays are sporting ( pun intended ) some sort of fresh or aquatic fragrance and they feel like that cheapens the entire genre.

I, personally, LOVE fresh fragrances, and aquatics in particular. Just a couple of years ago, I never would have even considered wearing a fragrance that had even the tiniest touch of vanilla, fruitiness, or sweetness. In fact, less than a year ago, I would have absolutely hated the sweet Creed ambergris drydown that I now can't get enough of. Over the last year, my appreciation for a wider variety of fragrances has really opened my eyes to the vast array of scents out there, and that, in and of itself, has had asomewhat negative effect on the way I perceive fresh/aquatic scents. While I can appreciate the differences in the range of fresh/aquatic fragrance, I think that as I broaden my horizons into other scents I've begun to feel that, while the fresh/aquatic genre is one of my favorites, much of the ground has been covered and its getting hard to find something that is unique. Of course, realizing that it gotten to the opint where there are more crappy fresh/aquatic fragrrances out there than there are quality ones will not stop me from buying the ones that I do like, or prevent me from continuing to search for more.

The one thing that I've definitely noticed though, is that the folks who dislike fresh/aquatics are generally much more vocal about their dislike than people who don't like orientals or incense-based scents. Maybe thats because there are more of them out there so there is more to criticize, but appreciation of a scent is purely subjective. It is too bad that people don't give them more of a chance, as some of them are just as high quality, complex, and interesting fragrances as you will find in any other style.

Jester
    Last edited by Jestersinthemoon; 31st October 2008 at 01:20 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Everybody seems to classify fragrances differently.

The classification system which seems to fit me best is Michael Edwards' Fragrance Library on the FiFi webiste.

If you click on 'Fragrance Families' on the bottom left, you bring up a screen with the fourteen major family classifications defined by Edwards. Water is recognized as one of the 14 families.

Clicking on the '+' sign to the left of each family brings up the subfamilies: Fresh, Crisp, Classical and Rich. Please note that each family, including Water, has these same four subfamilies.

Finally, clicking on any of the subfamilies will bring up all the fragrances that Edwards has classified as belonging to that category.

Some people don't like leather or tobacco scents, I love them.

I like fresh scents but not water scents, please forgive me. I am not being narrow-minded. I keep looking but I just have not found any water fragrances that I really really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersinthemoon View Post
    The one thing that I've definitely noticed though, is that the folks who dislike fresh/aquatics are generally much more vocal about their dislike than people who don't like orientals or incense-based scents.
    I find this to be very true. There are plenty of sweet smooth tonka bases, not all good scents, out there. Yet, no real outcry at this seemingly common theme. And many scents are not very "wearable" on a day to day basis ( in a casual environment). I remember Chandler Burr mentioning in his latest book that wearing YSL Kouros would get you kicked out of a restaraunt.

Personally, I am open to all genres of scents. Longevity is really important to me and many fresh frag's are too short lasting. That being said, I have come across just as many woodsy/oriental scents that are short lasting as well.

I feel like I am the whole person in the world that has not tried Acqua di Gio! I love fresh scents, but something about the mainstream-ness and polarized reviews on Basenotes that just puts me off. So, I don't lump things into the "AdG category" or call things "AdG clones".
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Everybody seems to classify fragrances differently.

The classification system which seems to fit me best is Michael Edwards' Fragrance Library on the FiFi webiste.

If you click on 'Fragrance Families' on the bottom left, you bring up a screen with the fourteen major family classifications defined by Edwards. Water is recognized as one of the 14 families.

Clicking on the '+' sign to the left of each family brings up the subfamilies: Fresh, Crisp, Classical and Rich. Please note that each family, including Water, has these same four subfamilies.

Finally, clicking on any of the subfamilies will bring up all the fragrances that Edwards has classified as belonging to that category.
    This is good stuff. Thank you.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    I feel like I am the whole person in the world that has not tried Acqua di Gio! I love fresh scents, but something about the mainstream-ness and polarized reviews on Basenotes that just puts me off. So, I don't lump things into the "AdG category" or call things "AdG clones".
    You might not have tried it, but when/if you do, you'll recognise it. Its been the number 1 mens frag down here for years!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    You might not have tried it, but when/if you do, you'll recognise it. Its been the number 1 mens frag down here for years!
    Heh, I'll see how many years I can go without try AdG. Though I must admit, I probably smelt it on someone by now.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    I feel like I am the whole person in the world that has not tried Acqua di Gio!
    Nope! I'm here too. Another AdG virgin.