Code of Conduct

Default I sold off all my frags to rebuild a collection...

I've found myself rather unhappy with my random fragrance collection consisting of way too many impulse buys. I managed to sell them all off within the past few months only to find myself with absolutely zero frags as of last weekend. I thought to myself, "Oh...this is going to fun..." So..I two afternoons I managed to put a nice dent in my wallet with some of my favorites that I adore, but haven't owned full bottles of til now. Here's what I purchased this week:

8.4 Flacon of GIT (For the office only as I personally find it rather run of the mill)
    75 ml Nerori Sauvage (One of my love's even with its fleeting short comings)
    180 ml Acqua Di Parma Colonia (One frag I cannot live without)
    100 ml Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Another frag I cannot live without)
    100 ml Penhaligon's English Fern (doesn't move mountains, but I find it uplifting on a cloudy day)
    100 ml Amouage Lyric (My first blind buy based on notes and have been enjoying it a great deal)
    50 ml Amouage Ciel (I've never been able to get enough of this...no frag's moved me soooo much)
    75 ml Guerlain Vetiver (Soapy spice that works great year round)

Default Re: I sold off all my frags to rebuild a collection...

Looks like you're happy with the splurge... Enjoy!

AromiErotici

Someone is going to be smelling pretty good for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoprendo7 View Post
    I've found myself rather unhappy with my random fragrance collection consisting of way too many impulse buys. I managed to sell them all off within the past few months only to find myself with absolutely zero frags as of last weekend. I thought to myself, "Oh...this is going to fun..." So..I two afternoons I managed to put a nice dent in my wallet with some of my favorites that I adore, but haven't owned full bottles of til now.
    You're a wise man.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoprendo7 View Post
    8.4 Flacon of GIT (For the office only as I personally find it rather run of the mill)
    That's a lot of juice for the mill!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I am not familiar with the Amouage fragrances, but the rest are all excellent choices imo.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Oh, I'm envious! Not just because you purchased all those nice fragrances, but because you get to experience the thrill of starting completely over, "born again". Must be a heady feeling indeed.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

lucky you man...though im happy wiht my new purchases...i would still like to have a fresh start

I wish I had your courage! So how did you last so long living on one, or zero colognes?
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

I'll have to admit that I was beginning to feel a bit...well...naked as I found myself down to a couple of frags left. I made myself wait til they were all out of my hands til I'd rebuild. I wanted to experience the experience the full idea of starting over from scratch. Yeah..I know the flacon of GIT is maybe overzealous given its not my favorite, however I got a good deal on it and figured it would be easy to decant and sell off if need be.

NOT ONLY IS IT A FRESH START... that's alot of 100ml bottles... it looks to be a fresh start with vindiction and... dedication... it will take some time before you will *need* to buy any more new frags.
    Immediate Wishlist: CDG Palisander/Avignon