Code of Conduct

Default Fave fragrance Dunhill Edition no longer produced - replacements!?

Hi everyone,

I am a fragrance newbie, and have been looking for ages for a good scent that I can stick with for a while.

I finally found one! Dunhill Edition EDT. However, now I found out that it is no longer being produced, doh.

I like the friendly, and clean scent with a hint of sophistication - perfect for office wear and more.

Anyone happen to know of anything similar?

)

Default Re: Fave fragrance Dunhill Edition no longer produced - replacements!?

Can't help you as I can't remember what it smells like.

The odd thing is that Dunhill Edition is available in all of the ubiquitous Priceline stores we have down here in Australia for A$49, but not one single store has a tester.

Renato

Hi there,

I too have the very same problem -only I've been using Dunhill Edition since 1988!
    I've been stocking up on my bottles in the last few months as my credit card will attest to!
    I've been told (actually I read somewhere) that Guerlain Vetiver and Versace L'homme and Loewe pour homme are superior.
    So far Loewe pour Homme is the closest I've come (according to my wife's nose) but it has a musky note in there , which I'm still not sure of.
    I don't care much for the Versace but my wife likes it a lot!
    I find Guerlain Vetiver addictive - if you like it at first you're probably going to love it - but it's altogether different from DE.
    Hope this helps!
    Good luck and keep me posted if you find a possible substitute.

Amicalement votre
    Ronberge

Blog Entries

you can still get bottles nearly everywhere i seem to look.....just stock up, and don't worry about it.

I finally found a tester and after testing it, immediately bought a big bottle of it. It's a crisp, citrusy clovey scent with great lasting power. I can see how it became your favourite.
    Renato

I didn't know Dunhill Edition was discontinued...! I still have 10-15ml left of my 50ml bottle but looks like I might need to pick up another bottle soon if I want to be wearing it in the long term.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Available online as stated above. Load up!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Smile Re: Fave fragrance Dunhill Edition no longer produced - replacements!?

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I finally found a tester and after testing it, immediately bought a big bottle of it. It's a crisp, citrusy clovey scent with great lasting power. I can see how it became your favourite.
    Renato

I agree. Edition is an "all timer". I actually prefer it over 1934. Stock up!!!

I feel for you - wonderful stuff! Like others, I can easilly see how this would be a favourite. I would search high and low and buy a few bottles. It can still be found cheap on the internet (in the UK anyway).
    I have never found anything else quite like it I'm afraid.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Check out Zirh Ikon. It's drydown is really close to DE. Very clovey & cedary.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

My next buy... tried it and found it amazing. I found a store with plenty of stock of it. And the price is good, though.