Code of Conduct

Default Went to Aedes today

Went there for first time after work, Did not realize how close they are only about a 6 minute walk from work

I am in trouble now LOL will be going there a lot I guess

Unfortunately they closed early due to being halloween and the crazy parade that was about to start so only got to check the place out for about 20 minutes.

I only got to to sniff the Montale for a bit and sprayed some Montale Black Aoud on my hand, she gave me a sample of that since I seemed interested.

It been a few hours, well my initial reactions are so far it ok, it not punget with the initial sprays like some of the reviews say, to be honest I am not sure what to make it out, I do not smell any of the medicinal properties, I do smell some of the rose. I guess I need to give it some more time. I think it ok, not sure it so great to be worth $210 I don't know maybe it needs to grow on me.

So i will probably go back next week, to be honest I had no idea what to really smell while I was there there was so much. Any recommendations what specifically you guys recommend? Anything that is high on the priority list?
    Last edited by denec; 1st November 2008 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: Went to Aedes today

ask for samples...they are usually generous ...

Quote Originally Posted by luha View Post
    ask for samples...they are usually generous ...

well that the thing i am not sure what to ask for samples of LOL

Check out the website

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?cat_id=1

and make a list. I would go for Amuage, Etro, by Kilian, Serge Lutens, Heeley, Montale, Frapin

Thats the problem is that there are so many fragrances by Montale, let alone the other niches. Try Sweet Oriental Dream on paper, even if not for you, just to see exactly how good the line is. I would recommend Golden and Lime Aoud. Patch. Leaves, Vanille Absolute, Greyland, Attar, Royal Aoud, and White Aoud. Any of their oriental, vanilla, or gourmand fragrances are superb. Those will give you a better idea about the house...Oh, and I wish I lived that close to Aedes, since they give out samples so easily. I'm about 3,000 miles away from them.
    Last edited by leor_77; 1st November 2008 at 06:14 PM.

Blog Entries

I LOVE going to Aedes...make sure you ask for samples...for anything you like. They will give you tons of stuff......very cool place, with very nice people.

A great little store. For anyone who's interested, the shoe store across the street has the finest selection of men's shoes available. Leffot. True gentleman's shoes, not the trash that seems popular these days.
    Last edited by Ged; 2nd November 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Don't overdo it, sample the bottles of Killian, Lutens, Amouage. And then go back once a week till you've made your way through the store. That should keep you busy for awhile. Bigelows on 6th Avenue bet: 8th and 9th Streets is good for sampling, too.

Check out the Parfum d'Empire line and the Serge Lutens line above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    A great little store. For anyone who's interested, the shoe store across the street has the finest selection of men's shoes available. Leffot. True gentleman's shoes, not the trahs that seems popular these days.
    Agree with Ged, a visit to both of these great stores makes for a wonderful experience in quality goods.

And don't forget to have a look at the pups in the pet store across the street!

Everyone gave me some great ideas

thanks!

Sur la Plage

I had to fly to NYC today for a meeting tomorrow. My flight was delayed, so I landed later then expected. So I went directly to Aedes from the airport instead of my hotel. Luckily I got there a little after 7PM (they close at 8PM).

What a great store! I spent the hour chatting with the very knowledgeable staff and sampling a variety of fragrances from Montale, By Killians, Amouage (including Homage), Penhaligons, Parfum d'Empire, and Eau d'Italie (to name a few). I also walked away with a bunch of samples - they were very accomodating and more then happy to make samples of anything.

I highly recommend visiting the store if you have the opportunity. I do not think you will regret it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I been there a number of times since I started this thread they know me by now...they are superb in fact I rather purchase perfumes from them and spend more money then save maybe $20 and buy online

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I had to fly to NYC today for a meeting tomorrow. My flight was delayed, so I landed later then expected. So I went directly to Aedes from the airport instead of my hotel. Luckily I got there a little after 7PM (they close at 8PM).

What a great store! I spent the hour chatting with the very knowledgeable staff and sampling a variety of fragrances from Montale, By Killians, Amouage (including Homage), Penhaligons, Parfum d'Empire, and Eau d'Italie (to name a few). I also walked away with a bunch of samples - they were very accomodating and more then happy to make samples of anything.

I highly recommend visiting the store if you have the opportunity. I do not think you will regret it.
    Ahem! And I didn't get a heads up that you were going...They were probably packaging up my Tam Dao as they were talking to you. It is on the way to me from Aedes today.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Ahem! And I didn't get a heads up that you were going...They were probably packaging up my Tam Dao as they were talking to you. It is on the way to me from Aedes today.
    I almost called you from the store.

They were sctually putting together some packages. If I knew one was yours, I would have put an obscene message in it.

I did finally try Red Vetyver in your honor. I like it. But it is just way too close to Terre d'Hermes to me - and since I own that, do not see a need for the other.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I almost called you from the store.

They were sctually putting together some packages. If I knew one was yours, I would have put an obscene message in it.

I did finally try Red Vetyver in your honor. I like it. But it is just way too close to Terre d'Hermes to me - and since I own that, do not see a need for the other.
    Darn...I love dirty prose.

Red Vetyver is more natural smelling and not mineralic like Terre d'Hermes, but I love both equally and the genre they are in is my favorite, so that is why I own both. I need to send you a sample, so that you can do a couple of full wearings of Red Vetyver and see what your impressions are.

Now you cut the computer off and go to bed mister, and don't even think of walking the streets of NY at 10:30, when you have work in the morning...Hey get back here! and put some clothes on will ya!