Code of Conduct

Smile Ava Luxe Appreciation

Today I wore Ava Luxe's Ambra Tibet as my SotD. There is something about this frag that has me constantly sniffing my wrist. It starts out as a spicy, dark type of scent with maybe a touch of incense and civet that dries down into a spicy amber perfume. It also seems to have great longevity and projects nicely off the skin; its been over 8 hours since application and I'm still enjoying this frag wafting up from underneath my shirt. This was my first blind buy and it was $30 well spent.

This experience has me wanting to try some more of this houses creations. Who else has tried this house? What frags were the hits and which were the misses?
    Last edited by surreality; 2nd November 2008 at 02:13 AM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Default Re: Ava Luxe Appreciation

I've only tried two from this house, and I found they were both bold, well-made creations.

Midnight Violet is a well-rounded violet fragrance with intriguing smoky, woodsy, musky undertone that I love.

Rasa Extreme is an extremely animalic rose and musk combination. It smells truly disgusting the first minute it's put on, but then moves into being a rich, pungent fragrance with excellent sillage.

Both fragrances have excellent longevity on me. Both are unisex to my nose. Of the two, I find Midnight violet more wearable - Rasa Extreme is good, but more than a bit freakish all the same.

I'm expecting a sample of Kretek to arrive in the mail soon. This is one house that I really look forward to exploring.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 2nd November 2008 at 02:37 AM.

Ambra Tibet is excellent. I used too much the first time, and I'm not sure if I like incense with amber, but it's worth sampling for sure. I liked Sweet Absinthe too, but I felt that other frags fit that niche in my rotation better. I do like Kretek and have about half an ounce of it, which I intend to keep. It's the best frag I've encountered where tobacco played more than a very subdued role and yet was bearable. I've tried one or two others but don't remember enough to speak about them. I do think they were all quite strong, which means that the prices are quite good, relatively speaking.

Big fan of Film Noir here

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

AromiErotici

Anyone try Moksha? Sounds like a very woody parfum.

I have sampled:

Madame X
    Film Noir
    Ambre Tibet
    Love's True Bluish Light
    Kama
    Rasa

I found Ambre Tibet to be a short lived, but a much better composition than Hermessence Ambre Narguile. This is not to say AN has good longevity, as they both faded rather fast. Also, both were from dabber samples. But as far as the spicy top notes go--I thought the Ava Luxe was better!

So far, Madame X and Film Noir have been the most interesting, complex and long lived frags.
    Last edited by Asha; 2nd November 2008 at 03:46 AM.

AromiErotici

I'd like to hear more feedback on some of their unisex offerings. Being unfamiliar with Ava Luxe, their website has a few interesting looking scents in concentrated form.

1.) Moksha
    2.) Opoponax Intense

Anyone wear these?