Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Monday 3 November

Un Lys

bleu autumn haze

I'm testing Creed Love In Black today, thanks to the ever generous Quarry! :wave:
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Wearing Sensuous.

SotD ~ Il Bacio. I'm loving it's fruit juicy musky goodness! Yummm

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Working from home today in L'Eau de Jatamansi. Impossibly pretty, exasperatingly fleeting.

What a pretty little baby, Zingss

(((Chaya)))
    I agree, I sampled it and it was gone so fast it makes you wonder whether you put it on at all.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

SotD was BLACK CASHMERE
    SotE is AMBRE PRECIEUX

Smile Re: SotD Monday 3 November

Indult Tihota. The Killah Vanillah!

Spending the evening in the last of my decant of the much-loved and mentioned Chergui...tea and honey and hay and rose and vanilla...really pretty but I gotta say - my socks are still on.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Aimez-Moi

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mat; Very Male by Masakď Matsushďma as SotE. A wonderful buy from a local Sephora. Anise, and as it should be presented.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Now that it is pitch dark here at 6 pm, it is simply weird! Anyone else has this same feeling?

Put on some Van Cleef and Arpels Murmure for the evening now that the supper is cooked and even the dishes are done. Why, oh, why do not I wear it more often? Soft white floral, elegant and refined, with a warm woody drydown combining cedar and sandalwood. Mr.T. once commented that it smellt like one of his high school teachers. Simply can't be, he is not that young! Today he mentioned that same school teacher again. I guess he likes this fragrance too!

From my lovely gift certificate bounty (see also: November Purchases thread) --

Parfumerie Generale Aomassai

Notes from Luckyscent: caramel, toasted hazelnuts, licorice, bitter orange, spices, wenge wood, vetiver, balsam wood, incense, dried grasses, resins.

It's a gourmand, but as so many have said on Basenotes and elsewhere, it is not cloyingly, tooth-achingly sweet. At the moment, I'm getting dark wood and sweet incense, which makes me think of an old, empty chest that still whispers of faraway travels and exotic spices.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Welcome Crayfish!

SotE: Tocade for the first time from my brand new bottle! :bounce:

Oh Tang: Wear it in good health and happiness (as my Mom would say...).
    Last edited by lushsoup; 4th November 2008 at 12:44 AM.

Shalimar Light/Eau Legere, the original. This is lovely in Florida, where fragrance stays around whether you want it to or not. Even the lemony note is evident, hours after application.

On the back of my left hand, some remnant of Bois de Paradis, which I wore earlier, before a bath. BdP reminds me of Frapin, which I own and never wear.

Zegna Intenso
    Gary

Thierry MuglerAlien

Pleasures Delight
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    Welcome Crayfish!
    Let me second that!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Spending the evening in the last of my decant of the much-loved and mentioned Chergui...tea and honey and hay and rose and vanilla...really pretty but I gotta say - my socks are still on.
    Oh, Taolady. I just ordered a sample, and I'm so hoping that my socks will jump off my feet. Talk about high expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I stopped by Barneys and Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills late Sunday afternoon. I tried a lot of new things at Barneys, including most of the entire i Profumi di Firenze line. The real stand-out was the oceanic fragrance Brezza di Mare which, along with Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle, gives my favorite oceanic fragrance Profumum Acqua di Sale a run for its money. There is a watermelon note in Brezza di Mare which really complements the rest of the fragrance; it's extremely well done. I consider these three to be the best oceanic fragrances currently on the market.
    Astaroth, thank you for these recommendations. I love oceanic and BREZZA DI MARE sounds particularly swell.

Today, I did a full test of Lutens SA MAJESTE LA ROSE. It's a beauty, but just isn't me. Oh well. I'm learning that I'm not a Lutens kind of gal. Well, except for IRIS SILVER MIST, and -- I'm hoping -- maybe CHERGUI.

Taking a little rest from my marathon testing and writing this weekend...

SotD: Guerlain Cologne du 68 (trying to figure this one out)
    SotE: Ava Luxe Madame X (it is very powdery tonight--didn't notice that as much before)

Hope everybody had a great day and evening.
    Last edited by Asha; 4th November 2008 at 04:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Posting late again. Today I woke up early but glum. Although it was sunny, I knew more rain was on the way (fourth day in a row). I took a hot shower and exfoliated, then applied Avon Fantasque using Divatologist's method. Fantasque is a really beautiful, soft floral chypre, and I needed something fortifying. Then I came home eager to delve into my samples. I decided to choose another chypre and went with the sample of Bandit edp from Taolady (thank you ). I can wear this! I can really, really wear this! I want to go out and paint the town in this. I want to drink and smoke and be a bad, bad girl. Dang, I smell good!
    Last edited by Heartwood; 4th November 2008 at 06:26 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous