Code of Conduct

Default Silver Shadow EDT & Pure Blend

I bought a big bottle of Silver Shadow EDT that was going cheap some months back, and was quite impressed with it after several wearings. Very good lasting power, a nice aura around one's self all day long, and it's not an over the top party oriental - it can easily fit in well with being worn to the office.

But today I came across what I've always wanted - Silver Shadow Pure Blend going cheap - which I immediately snapped up. It's richer and longer lasting than the original, though perhaps not quite as suitable an office scent as the original.

When it first came out, I recollect writing here that I was not that enthused with the EDT version, but quite liked the Pure Blend version.

Looking at the Directory reviews is interesting - 9 positive vs 12 neutral and negative reviews - hardly a ringing endorsement of this scent.

Have your views of this scent changed at all in the intervening years, as mine did?
    Renato

Default Re: Silver Shadow EDT & Pure Blend

I love Pure Blend, a rich woodsy/vanilla scent perfect for fall.

Default Re: Silver Shadow EDT & Pure Blend

Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    I love Pure Blend, a rich woodsy/vanilla scent perfect for fall.
    Thanks.

However, it now appears that after all this time, that we're the only two who think highly of it.

Turin's comments on this scent - that he could see what the perfumer was trying to achieve, but that he hadn't pulled it off - also leave me puzzled.
    Regards,
    Renato