Code of Conduct

Default AMOUAGE safe blind buy? Need Help

Hi i have a question, is any of the Amouage Colognes a safe blind buy? (Jubilation XXV,Gold man,Reflection,Lyric man, Dia man)
    and also: how would you describe their colognes? (gentleman-ish, elegant, masculine, sexy...etc)

Any details on me:

I am 21 years old, and some of my favorite colognes are:
    Creed SMW, Creed Santal Imperial (hate original santal), Creed Citrus bigarrade, Dior Eau Sauvage,Valentino Pour Homme, And Ralph Lauren Double Black (love the pencil note)

Hope you can help me out, i'm looking for a really good exclusive sophisticated scent, so maybe Amouage would be something for me?
    thank you.
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

Blog Entries

Default Re: AMOUAGE safe blind buy? Need Help

Arcus and Ciel might be the safest buys from Amouage based on your tastes.

You shouldn't blind buy an Amouage - is there anywhere you can order samples from? I wore Jubilation XXV yesterday and absolutely love it, but nothing is for everyone. Try first!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!
    Currently wearing: China White by Nasomatto

I'm no expert on Amouage, though I have sniffed a few of their offerings. They were all nice and of high quality, but VERY expensive, so that instantly fails my criterion of a "safe blind buy". To me, a blind buy can only be safe if the smallest bottle costs less than about $50...but everyone's financial pain threshold is different

I remember my Amouage samples being spicy/incense-type orientals and NOT the fresh/sporty/aquatic type things that are more popular in the west. Their newer offerings may be different, to appeal to a broader global audience. In any case, Amouage definitely has an exclusive and sophisticated image.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Ah, I didn't know about this sampler. Looks like an excellent way to go! I might order one myself!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    I wouldnt buy blind either.

Mystery, the sampler can be bought from Harrods here in the EU for approx $32 - a small saving, AND you're also unlikely to attract duties on this purchase (as opposed to purchases made in the US).

Heres the link:
    http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/...00000001123327
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 3rd November 2008 at 10:11 PM.
    .................................................. .................................................. .............................................
    Feb 2012 - I requested my account be deleted. Remember, be friendly to many, but friends with few.

Jubilation XXV and Dia are two, easy-to-like Amouage offerings. Dia could easily compare to older Creed offerings and Guerlain Heritage - it's conservative smelling and very masculine. Amouage's concept is very different from designer houses like Dior, Valentino and Ralph, it's more about expensive ingredients, which are often less powerful than the sludge the big guns use. And another thing, with Amouage you are paying a big premium for the lead crystal bottle and the gold plated bling.
    Get the sampler first.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 3rd November 2008 at 10:39 PM.

I would never, ever buy something as expensive as Amouage blind. Ever.

Nothing is a safe blind buy. Test first. My favorite from Amouage would be Dia, Silver, and Jubilation. Find a way to get the sampler...maybe contact Amouage directly and ask them.

While I have been moderately successful on blind buys...there is no such thing as a good blind buy with Amouage. Don't even try.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Nope, although wonderful IMHO, way too expensive for a blind buy. Amouage scents are not going anywhere so there is no rush to make a blind buy.

over priced IMO. That is never a safe blind buy. Heck, i do not think it is a safe "previously tested" buy
    Last edited by irish; 4th November 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    over priced IMO. That is never a safe blind buy. Heck, i do not think it is a safe "previously tested" buy
    Agreed, never ever ever a safe blind buy bc what if you put it on and your skin can't take it and it disappears w/in 30 minutes? Now you are $250+ in the hole w.a fragrance you can't even wear. Listen, I love Amouage fragrances and I own them, but it is a stupid blind buy.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 4th November 2008 at 07:08 AM.

So they have them at harrods? Well i'm travelling to London frequently so will check them out there. Thx for the help guys, normally i would never blind buy any fragrance, not even if its 30 $, its just that i won't be going to London anytime soon and i wanted something exclusive, sophisticated to go with my suit when its Xmas.

thx for the help anyways.
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.