Code of Conduct

Default Regulation changes in France :(

I was talking to a perfumer today about IFRA regulations to clarify whether or not IFRA regulations are "law". He said that IFRA regulations are suggestions but most big companies follow these rules to avoid consumer problems. However, he said that as of 2009, everyone in France (Europe?) will have to follow IFRA or IFRA-type regulations. "Expect reformulations before the coming of 2009." Will look into this!
    Last edited by scentophile; 5th November 2008 at 12:17 AM.

Default Re: Regulation changes in France :(

Can you link us to an article or something on this bc I am having a hard time buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Can you link us to an article or something on this bc I am having a hard time buying this.
    Again, this was what I heard during a discussion. Things might have been lost in translation, but I will look more into this. Consider it a really bad and horrible rumor for now...
    Last edited by scentophile; 5th November 2008 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile View Post
    Again, this was what I heard during a discussion. Things might have been lost in translation, but I will look more into this. Consider it a really bad and horrible rumor for now...
    LOL, I will keep my fingers crossed. Really though, that would be horrible and change the game dramatically.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 5th November 2008 at 12:07 AM.

Blog Entries

What are these regulations for exactly? It seems as if someone is allergic to a frag, they shouldn't use it. If a frag is too strong (trapped in an elevator) that can happen with ANY perfume that is overused in a space that is not properly ventilated. It seems to me that what is needed is VENTILATION regulation that is enforced. I can't say how many times I've been trapped with some BO offender or sneezed on etc.!

Alex - do you know what the regulations are and which ingredients are involved. Just so I can have an excuse to panic buy some of my favourites
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I was going to say , which of our favourites do we need to start stocking up on before reformulations

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Regulation changes in France :(

Yes, please more details as to which fragances might be on the block for forced reformulation. I need an good excuse to buy enough to get though the end of the Mayan calendar. (December 21, 2012 AD)
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 18th November 2008 at 01:45 AM.

I found this, but in French unfortunately :

Les Etats membres adoptent et publient au plus tard le 4 octobre 2008, les dispositions législatives, réglementaires et administratives nécessaires pour se conformer aux dispositions de la présente directive. Ils communiquent immédiatement à la Commission le texte de ces dispositions ainsi qu’un tableau de correspondance entre ces dispositions et la présente directive.

Ils appliquent ces dispositions à partir du 4 avril 2009.

Full article :

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...13:0023:FR:PDF

Interesting as well :

http://leflacon.free.fr/informations-7.php

I guess there might be others.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Blog Entries

Here is the full article posted by Night, but in English:
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...13:0023:EN:PDF

The good news: it doesn't look to me like Iso E Super is on the list (going by the IUPAC name given on the IFF website here: http://www.iff.com/Ingredients.nsf/0...256993003995C6).

The bad news: it looks like some pretty basic things are being restricted... styrax... opoponax... cumin... and damascones. Can anyone with more fragrance experience tell us what impact restricting these chemicals might have? Or should we just wait for Burr to do an article on it?

Thanks for posting Kopah.

Don't see any moss in there? Or am I just missing it?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

So styrax and opponax will have content limitations.of 0.6%. Several damascones will be banned for "leave-on" products (i.e. perfume, body lotion). Not as bad as I thought it would be. Though I'd have prefered this to remain a guideline.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.