Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Opium EDT or EDP

Which is better? I've found the EDT online for 9.99 and the EDP 19.99 and can't decide between the two.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Opium EDT or EDP

EDP by far! EDP is a higher concentration, i.e., better longevity, etc.... BTW, do a search I have seen this topic a few times. You may find the comments very helpful! Good Luck!
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 4th November 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Libertine , TK Maxx has a good supply of reduced Opium PH at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Libertine , TK Maxx has a good supply of reduced Opium PH at the moment
    But they have the EDT and not the EDP, so this is a big big difference.

it is a good question i have Opium PH edt right now which i got really cheap and thinking of buying the Opium PH EDP but not sure if it worth the money is there a huge difference in the smell and drydown to spend the money?

That is one that i cannot find anywhere even in the YSL boutique I was at today where I found M7

I just got home from TJ Maxx where I bought a 30ml bottle of Opium PH EdT for $15. It was the only bottle of Opium they had. Blind purchase based on the recent threads here (and low price), and just smelling it on my wrist for the first time. Definitely not unpleasant, but not sure if I love it quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    it is a good question i have Opium PH edt right now which i got really cheap and thinking of buying the Opium PH EDP but not sure if it worth the money is there a huge difference in the smell and drydown to spend the money?

That is one that i cannot find anywhere even in the YSL boutique I was at today where I found M7
    I think there is, in fact, a huge difference between the EDP and EDT. The longevity of the EDP is unrivaled and truly in a class of its own. Easy to find also: http://perfume.beautyencounter.com/search?w=opium&af=
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 5th November 2008 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    I think there is, in fact, a huge difference between the EDP and EDT. The longevity of the EDP is unrivaled and truly in a class of its own. Easy to find also: http://perfume.beautyencounter.com/search?w=opium&af=
    aside from longevity though ?

do they smell unique enough to own both?

I compared all 3 versions last year. Look here!

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=opium+wars
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

EdP. But libertine, don't buy it blind - sample first.

AromiErotici

Great Oriental (EDP) and it is a monster scent for longevity. I have the EDP and even though I don't wear it alot, just knowing I have it is awesome because it's exceptional for a designer frag and in fall/winter, you cannot go wrong wearing this scent.

EDP smells otherworldly enough to own along with the EDT, yes. Especially for $19.99! What the...? Where did you find that? If anyone knows where to find the refills, let me know. I have searched high and low.
    Last edited by argogos; 5th November 2008 at 02:54 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

EDP!!!!! Great scent. One of the richest spice ambers from a designer house. The EDT has an uninspired cheap smell to it.

- Al

Disclaimer: I assume we are talking about the mens Opium, not the womens.

I go against the grain here. It really depends on what you like about Opium ph. If you like the fruity topnotes, go for the EDT. If you like the base more, EDP. The Problem I have with the EDP is its monster sillage. I was very embarrassed when I tried it on my hand and walked around in a huge sweet cloud. Thus, I am a happy EDT owner. As to owning both, I don't know really, it probably would be wiser to get a summer version and the EDP, as they cover a wider range of suitable weather.

Go for the EDP.

I also bought the EDT from TJ Maxx the other day; as others had recommended it to me highly based on my taste, I bought it blind.

It's a good juice but doesn't particularily stand out in the oriental/spicey category, bearing too close a resemblence to dozens of other frags already in my possession.

So I returned it.

Later that night, I found Walgreens was selling 8oz bottles of Pierre Cardin's Pour Monsieur for $15.

Used the same money I got back from TJ Maxx to make the purchase
    Last edited by boyextraordinare; 5th November 2008 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    But they have the EDT and not the EDP, so this is a big big difference.
    TK Maxx in the UK have both , EDT is 14 and the EDP is 19 as I remember

I just ordered the EDP so now will have both if I dont like it sure I can sell it here..enough demand here

I`m a happy owner of the EDT versjon . The Longevity of this one is great! I can`t imagine how the longevity and sillage must be on the EDP version... For me, i`m afraid it would be too much.. But i can`t say it for sure. Haven`t tried it yet!