Code of Conduct

Thread: Iris Bleu Gris

Thumbs up Iris Bleu Gris

Today I'm trying Iirs Bleu Gris via sample and I am absolutely shocked, this is an outstanding, refined fragance!! I'm loving the lemony-floral-herbal undertones mixed with the Iris absolute, pure heaven!! And, at the moment, sillage seems very good... What about longevity and strengh?? Any fragance similar??

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Iris Bleu Gris

Nothing to add here. But you should try different scents in the entire MPG line. This is a fabulous house.

Off-Scenter

Iris Bleu Gris is a unique and beautiful iris scent. The only other iris fragrances that I hold in equal regard are Iris Poudre and Iris Silver Mist (though I don't actually like wearing the latter.)

Smells like Cool Water with a kick of iris. MPG has proven to be one of the least impressive niche houses for me.

Cheers,
    Al

I don't know much about Maitre Parfumeur line, but I'm really impressed with Iris Bleu Gris. How about another scents by Maitre Parfumeur with the same vibe (good longevity, quality construction, and not too "weird" or "strange") I could try? Any suggestion?

The basenotes reviews seems people have love/hate relations with this stuff. I'm curious...

¨Funny because i find the house amazing but have been disappointed by this frag.

I find the Malle's Iris way better.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
    I don't know much about Maitre Parfumeur line, but I'm really impressed with Iris Bleu Gris. How about another scents by Maitre Parfumeur with the same vibe (good longevity, quality construction, and not too "weird" or "strange") I could try? Any suggestions?
    In the not too "weird" or "strange" category (IMHO): Garrigue, Fraiche Badiane, Pour le Jeune Homme, Centaure, Bahiana, Racine, Eau des lles, Amber Precieux, Santal Noble. You must give this house a try. They all have a "raw" distinct vibe to it.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 6th November 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries

All the masculine fragrances from this house are top notch. Iris Bleu Gris doesn't get as much love as 7-8 other Maitre scents on the boards. But its second to only Route de Vetiver in my opinion. Even better if you could score one of the older 90ml bottles.

I have tested the whole line, and the only one I didn't find full bottle worthy is Fraiche Badiane. Avoid Santal Noble, Route de Vetiver and Baime, Secret Melange if "weirdness" is a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
    I don't know much about Maitre Parfumeur line, but I'm really impressed with Iris Bleu Gris. How about another scents by Maitre Parfumeur with the same vibe (good longevity, quality construction, and not too "weird" or "strange") I could try? Any suggestion?

The basenotes reviews seems people have love/hate relations with this stuff. I'm curious...
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

You are asking for other suggestions in the MPG line and there are many from this house that are very worthy. There are five or six MPG's that are arguably best of type and are very worthy suggestions. These are: Santal Noble, Ambre Precieux, Eau de Ilies, and Parfum d' Habit. But of them all my favorite is Eau de Ilies. A fantastic coffee scented incense with leathery notes. One of the best fragrances of all times in my opinion. Very unique and very much underappreciated here on Basenotes.

Also extremely worthy MPG fragrances are Parfum d' Habit and Ambre Precieux. Parfum d' Habit is kind of weird but is a very nice leathery outdoor type fragrance. Ambre Precieux may be the best amber fragrance ever made - it is my favorite amber and I do not normally enjoy amber fragrances. The myrtle/lavender in Ambre Precieux cools down and foils the sweetness of the amber/vanilla notes isolating the amber essential notes like no other amber I've smelled. A very pure non dirty amber scent.

Of course Santal Noble is a great non cloying sandalwood fragrance - along with Santal de Mysore is among the best sandalwood fragrances ever made.

Test them all and enjoy - but definitely try out Eau de Ilies!