Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default SotD Thursday 6 November

Good morning!

After a month of L'Artisans, an Etro: my soulmate scent Messe de Minuit. I need it today.

Have a t'riffic Thursday, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 6 November

Morning! Special day, two anniversaries...it's gonna be a long night. Musc Ravageur for me.

Sampling Let Me Play The Lion - LesNez

Rive Gauche By Yves Saint Laurent
    I am wearing the same blue just like the Rive Gauche spray-can to work!

An exquisite old vial with extrait: Écusson when it was still made by Jean d'Albret

Elegance of the past in a veil of rich florals.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Wonderful bottle, R!

Airy incense for today: L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Lorenzo Villoresi
    Incensi

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Playing in the Pck my SotD thread resulted in Philosykos

Love the Ecusson bottle R.
    I used to wear Jean d'Albret's Casaque years ago.
    I settled for En Passant today.

A La Nuit

I have a big presentation on saturday and I have to meet many people probably so I'm looking for a nice femenine scent that is frendly and a little seductive.

In this line I have tried Fracas, Sweet Oriental Dream and now today A La Nuit. If you have more suggestions from my wardrobe let me know
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    Currently wearing: L by Lolita Lempicka

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 6 November

Dominique Ropion for EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FRÉDÉRIC MALLE

CARNAL FLOWER ( from a sample )

I'm wearing my Jicky parfum sample today.

J'adore

We're back in Wales for a visit, which also means picking up the packages I've had delivered since my last visit... so I'm in Miss Balmain for the first time and I like it. When I smelled the bottle I thought it would be a scrubber - oakmoss! Arrgh! but I spritzed it on my skin and it turned into a light floral leather. Well, you know how I likes my leathers...

Yesterday I went through the Duty Free shop and got to test a few things. Didn't like the Lolita Lempicka L flanker, Fleur du Corail. Just too sweet for me. But if sweet's your bag, give it a try (I love L - but this didn't have the salty note to cut the sweetness). The Eau de Shalimar smelled like the worst parts of Shalimar to me - the 'lemon Pledge' topnotes were just too much. Tocade was nice but got drowned by everythign else on me and Burberry Brit Red was very nice - Tao was right, as usual - good spicy, warm, sparkling winter perfume.It did have a brief flirtation with a 'cheap tonka' note that I'm not fond of and is the reason I dislike many Yves Rocher perfumes, but that passed quickly and the base was lovely too. Most impressive.

Right - off to take my Mum shopping with my daughter - bedlam awaits.
    Have a lovely day all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

One of those days where nothing felt right. Tried small amounts of Trouble, Bandit, Le Baiser du Dragon, Escada Collection (which suddenly reminded me of Curious In Control) on different parts of my arm and finally settled with SL Fleurs d'Oranger.

Ooh yes, I also tried Spring Flower. It was ok, but definitely didn't feel very natural with what seemed to be a high dose of calone. Also could smell generic florals and a bit of mango and musk. It didn't last long on me, I got bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Tocade was nice but got drowned by everythign else on me and Burberry Brit Red was very nice - Tao was right, as usual - good spicy, warm, sparkling winter perfume.It did have a brief flirtation with a 'cheap tonka' note that I'm not fond of and is the reason I dislike many Yves Rocher perfumes, but that passed quickly and the base was lovely too. Most impressive.
    Oooh, endorsement from Wordbird AND Tao! Lucky I'm broke or else I'd be considering blind buying I'm scared of what I'll be like when I start working (a proper job anyway, not this low-paying, Avon-selling job).
    Last edited by jillsy; 6th November 2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: remembered Spring Flower

Coco - Chanel

Have a good day, all!

Good morning everybody On request from Tang I'm in AA Winter Delice.This scent is a little odd in the topnotes on me.A bit sour,but settles into a nice herby incence scent after a while. Hope you all have a great day.I'm off to write the rest of my part for the group assignment.

Basenotes Plus

Parfums de Nicolaï Balkis. Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Blog Entries

Its a wet rainy New England morning and I'm ready for change, Yes we Can.
    I'm wearing a new house for me today from my birthday stash given to me by my ScentMother:

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Les Parfums de Beaux Arts Michelangelo

This has one of the more interesting beginnings I've experiences a mix of sage, laurel and pine. It makes for a resinous start which transitions to a spicy incense with rose playing a supporting role. The base is full on cedar with a hint of tobacco. The interplay of the different notes make for a very interesting development as it goes from herbal to incense to wood. This is not love at first sniff but I think it might be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
    Have a great Thursday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I'm wearing Jospehine by Rance. The notes include : hawthorn and jasmine, ylang ylang and hyacinth, with heart notes of iris, blackcurrant, white peach, cloves, galbanum and violet leaves. The base notes are ebony, sandalwood, white musk, Bourbon vanilla and ambergris.

This is beautiful floral on the right side of dry for me. It is a romantic and elegant fragrance. I love it.

SMM, how lovely to see your gorgeous face !

Sounds like some BNers are having potential for a trying day...my love to you.
    Jillsy- I have lots of days like that, lately.

Chose JL Scherrer EDP last night- a surprisingly good choice; I have to be careful NOT to taint my 'fumes w/ negative associations, these days.
    I think I'll go with that..

Trying to 'go back to the world', per Leonard Cohen.
    Not doing too well- too many years of accumulated unwept tears.
    Oh, my.

R- like kewart, I used to have those adorable vials in Casaque and yours, too.
    Dupes don't smell the same, somehow.

I think I'm going to try to do something for my soul...like the MFA, or Gardner Museum.
    All that statuary are my old friends.
    The tiny triangle icon of St. Elizabeth of Hungary is my very dear girlfriend.

Last night - finished up my (way too small) decant of Vero Profumo Rubj. Just a stunning rich floral. Must procure more.

Today - training day!

Barbara Bui for the occasion.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Creed Himalaya as SotD. At last..mountains in south Florida
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

heart of ice

I'm trying to catch hubby's cold. I'm fighting it off with Le Baiser du Dragon.

Have a good day, everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm with dora today ~ all spicy, flowery, rich ~ in Chanel's COCO!!!

Dearest Dragon - thanks for the sterling pic - and the reminder of - that once-great Ecusson. It is the fave of my dearest friend and I had gotten a dupe for her....phflgeuuugh.

Jillsy dear I am having the same kind of morning you did half a day ago!! (Was it Sestra talked about opening up her closet of a hundred some frags and finding nothing to wear??!!) Some BBR is en route to you....no blind buys in these roller coaster days!!)

Where's Tavorna???

Gotta love KBE climbing them mountains in FL!!

Chaya Babes...our hearts are with you. I always go down to the sea and let the salt waters mingle...

Poking around in the sample box for inspiration....AHHH! My very first ever Goutal - pounced on it when it first came out... Le Chèvrefeuille!! (Thanks for the sample Chaeleran!!) A fairly linear greenish honeysuckle with zero lasting power on me. Which is why I never got another bottle. Still brings back the delicate swoony effect of sucking the nectar off the stamens from the vines at the bottom of the garden in Bermuda.....

But since this is a generous sample I can carry it with me and refresh every couple of hours...perfect for this promises-to-be-warm day!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Institution

Good morning,

Like Miss R., I opted for a vintage scent today, Jai Ose by Guy Laroche, before it has been reformulated and Guy's name has not appeared anywhere on the bottle or box any more. Resinous, mossy, ambery gourmand!

I'm house mates with Roberto today, sampling another F. Malle offering: Lys Mediterranee, a very pure and true lily.

I hope everyone is fine.

greetings, oh lovely smelling ones!

I'm sharing the house with Roberto and Lilybelle, in a gift from ScentSon SMM in Jean Claude Ellena for Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle's L'Eau d'Hiver.

My, this stuff is delightful for this weird, cool, wet November day.

L'Eau d'Hiver notes: Bergamot, angelica, iris, hawthorn, jasmine, honey, carnation, heliotrope, caramel and musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Layering Lorenzo Villoresi's Incensi with Untitled No. 4. It works!