Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scammer Alert and General marketplace advice

Regarding refunds from PayPal: if the PayPal payment was funded with a credit card, you may do better getting a refund going through the credit card issuing bank. I'd try, anyway.

Feedback 505 (100%)

[QUOTE=Redneck Perfumisto;1648258]Yes - didn't he have problems with an internet stalker? Spammed his workplace with nasty emails or something? I seem to recall something of that nature. It is a bit worrisome.

It was not an unknown internet stalker but rather a member he ripped off.

AromiErotici

Unless he's totally indisposed physically, his occupation would dictate he be near a computer or computers over the course of the last month.

The Attorney got me too.

I paid him $75 for Black Aoud on Sept 22 .

Even though he was still logged in when I tried to confirm my payment from him, but never responded to my pms and then he removed the sale listing in couple of hours and never heard from him again

I have filed a paypal claim against him and am awaiting a decision. I
    Last edited by achanna; 19th October 2009 at 09:30 PM.
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

The name TheAttorney uses is that of a member of the California bar in good standing. There is no public record of any disciplinary action against the person bearing the name. If TheAttorney is the person he claims to be, I doubt that he would jeopardize his law license for a few hundred dollars from Basenotes members. It doesn't make sense.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

Feedback 234 (99%)

His name is david and he lives in Pasadena CA on a hill if you pm him let him know that you found out his weraabouts and you will have the authorites greet him Ive been to his house before, And if he is reading this I will defintly help out the authorities

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

You know I do apoligize for the above thread, I do not have the full details on the Attorney,
    when I met him he seemed like A really cool guy so Im jumping the gun, I guess you can say Im still angry from getting ripped off by Lotusking in the past. And it angers me when I see someone else getting burned, So I just want to say I hope he's ok.

Feedback 50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    The name TheAttorney uses is that of a member of the California bar in good standing. There is no public record of any disciplinary action against the person bearing the name. If TheAttorney is the person he claims to be, I doubt that he would jeopardize his law license for a few hundred dollars from Basenotes members. It doesn't make sense.

This is strange: http://community.basenotes.net/member.php?u=31244

AromiErotici

Bottom line is there are MEMBERS here who have paid and not received what they paid for or any communication regarding their item(s) or monies.

Quote Originally Posted by achanna View Post
    The Attorney got me too.
    I paid him $75 for Black Aoud on Sept 22 .

Even though he was still logged in when I tried to confirm my payment from him, but never responded to my pms and then he removed the sale listing and never heard from him again

I have filed a paypal claim against him and am awaiting a decision. I
    He sold me the same bottle!

Feedback 132 (100%) hirch_duckfinder's Avatar

I never bought and sold with him but I did receive a highly threatening and unpleasant series of messages from him. He appologised a day or two later when I suggested that it may be a good idea to let the moderators see the correspondence.

His interactions in that exchange seemed to me like those of somebody who was very unstable with an enourmous anger problem or somebody on heavy stimulant drugs of the kind people put up their nose.
    I let it go and took his appology, though I would never have trusted him after that.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

AromiErotici

The attorney may need an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Strange in a way, but if you know the background info it isn't ( but it is interesting).

I knew that particular user was a scammer though and told the mods. It's unreal how often this guy is able to scam others. He is very sloppy as well. It was pretty gutsy for TheAttorney to call him out as such, I am shocked that member was still able to scam others.

It would really be a sad affair if TheAttorney was scamming others. Hope that is not true, I don't want anyone to lose their hard earned $. But also, it would make guys on here a bit cynical about marketplace deals, would it not ?

Angry Re: Scammer Alert and General marketplace advice

I've been buying, selling, and swapping at Basenotes for a long time. I refuse to allow one member's dishonesty to negatively affect my overall Basenotes experience. However, it's a shame that a previously esteemed member has permanently tarnished his reputation for a few bucks. Was it really worth it TheAttorney?

AC
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    However, it's a shame that a previously esteemed member has permanently tarnished his reputation for a few bucks. Was it really worth it TheAttorney?

AC
    I would say that we should wait for 'TheAttorney' to return on the board & see if he has a valid explanation before making conclusions. Someone sticking on the board for so long is most likely not out there to scam people for a few measly bucks.

I hope you're right Gupts.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Feedback 234 (100%) <<<Parfumnut>>>'s Avatar

I realize being new to this site and having low feedback makes it uneasy for some traders or buyers to want to do business, but there are some of us like me....i am a member on MUA and Ebay with 100% trading, selling, swapping feedback with over 2000 transactions. I hope that one bad apple does not give all of us with lower all positive feedback..... a bad name, it would be a shame, but i do appreciate the alert.

For all of us who've had this recent issue with the Attorney (I also paid for something sept 22nd, and never heard back).

Why don't we all compare what we bought to see if he sold the same bottle several times? Two people mentioned buying Black Aoud - were they they both full bottles, or the exact same partial bottle?

I bought a partial (I think it was 80%) Santal Noble 100ml for $65 + ship.

I think I remember him removing it from his page shortly after I paid, but I'm not sure. Did anyone else buy the same thing?

I think if he were robbing us, he would have posted juicier items - I remember he had partial 100ml bottles of Santal Noble and Ambre Precieux - he'd have made more money if he claimed they were 90ml bottles and close to full, or he could have had Lutens Bell Jars and Amouages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I never bought and sold with him but I did receive a highly threatening and unpleasant series of messages from him... His interactions in that exchange seemed to me like those of somebody who was very unstable with an enourmous anger problem or somebody on heavy stimulant drugs of the kind people put up their nose.
    The belligerence wouldn't be unusual for a real attorney nor would the nose candy, but I would imagine something bad happened to him - seems weird to have 60 positive feedbacks over a couple of years, then all of a sudden disappear with everyone's money.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 22nd October 2009 at 03:29 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Yeah, I seemed to have been ripped off by The Attorney as well. Sent my money on Sept 22 and havent heard anything since.

I also bought the partial of Santal Noble for $65 + $5 shipping.
    Last edited by moss1310; 22nd October 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moss1310 View Post
    Yeah, I seemed to have been ripped off by The Attorney as well. Sent my money on Sept 22 and havent heard anything since.

I also bought the partial of Santal Noble for $65 + $5 shipping.
    Aha - so now we know we've been ripped off. Do you remember how much was in the bottle - I think I remember 80%.

He must have all of a sudden been really desperate for money or something.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

SmellChaser
    Feedback 34 (100%) scentsitivity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What struck me in his last swap listing was the Black Aoud swap listing which read: -approximately 90% (looks a tad lower because Montale does not fill its bottles 100% to the brim, there are numerous threads on this issue so check them out if this is an issue for you)

Since Montale bottles are opaque, how can one say it "looks a tad lower"? That made me suspicious. FYI, the thread was:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=236122
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 22nd October 2009 at 04:18 PM.

That's actually not suspicious - I usually make the same note when selling/swapping a montale - you unscrew the cap and look inside. Unless you get the extra concentrated version, a brand new sealed bottle looks to be about 75% full or less when you peek inside.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    What struck me in his last swap listing was the Black Aoud swap listing which read: -approximately 90% (looks a tad lower because Montale does not fill its bottles 100% to the brim, there are numerous threads on this issue so check them out if this is an issue for you)

Since Montale bottles are opaque, how can one say it "looks a tad lower"? That made me suspicious. FYI, the thread was:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=236122

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Got a PM from a *third* person who also bought the Santal Noble.

Looks like this was a conscious rip-off scam.

He must have had some serious money emergency and pulled this scam off and disappeared.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    I bought a partial (I think it was 80%) Santal Noble 100ml for $65 + ship.
    I paid him for the same item.

It has become obvious that he was dishonest.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

I paid TheAttorney $55 for a 90% full 1.7 oz. bottle of Ormonde Jayne Man. Did anyone else pay for the same bottle?
    Last edited by acjigga; 22nd October 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Banned
    Feedback 124 (99%)

This is extremely unfortunate. Im sorry to hear about all this!

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I've met TheAttorney on a few occasions, and even have his business card floating around in my office somewhere. He seems like a fine guy.
    It seems like Astaroth may be the only member who may have the capacity to provide some information in order to contact TheAttorney. A business card should at very least provide a phone number or work address where inquiries can be made as to his safety/whereabouts.

Is this not a good starting point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    It seems like Astaroth may be the only member who may have the capacity to provide some information in order to contact TheAttorney. A business card should at very least provide a phone number or work address where inquiries can be made as to his safety/whereabouts.

Is this not a good starting point?
    Indeed - if I lived in the same city and him, I'd try to round another another basenoter or two and pay him a visit in his office.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Banned
    Feedback 124 (99%)

Indeed - if I lived in the same city and him, I'd try to round another another basenoter or two and pay him a visit in his office.
    Hm, I can understand how you feel, but my suggestion was more aimed at ensuring:

FIRST: He is safe / well

and then

SECOND: You retrieve an explanation.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd October 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Hm, I can understand how you feel, but my suggestion was more aimed at ensuring:

FIRST: He is safe / well

and then

SECOND: Retrieving an explanation.
    Ha - I wasn't talking about violence, but precisely about getting an explanation, and maybe our money back. If he was a practicing attorney, it's hard to imagine him the motive for ripping us off (though that's clearly what happened) - the few hundred bucks he made, he could easily make writing a contract or two. It has to have been a strange story. Maybe someone hijacked his account or something?

In any case, there must be someone living in his area who can check up on him at work.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 22nd October 2009 at 05:55 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Feedback 505 (100%)

He has been banned!

Now I doubt he was even an Attorney - may be he was flaunting someone else's bussiness card
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

it's really hard to believe that the attorney would do such a thing. but thn, i guess tht'd be a mytery until he comes and explains it himself...

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by achanna View Post
    Now I doubt he was even an Attorney - may be he was flaunting someone else's bussiness card
    It's fairly easy to Photoshop up a business card. I also seem to remember his business card being relatively plain in appearance, but some professionals do that intentionally in order to portray an image of seriousness and austerity. I'll make an effort to try to track down the business card this weekend, when I have a bit more time available.

I agree that it is most important to first make sure he is OK, and not jump to conclusions. I do remember that he was practicing law in Los Angeles County, so this might be a place to start: Los Angeles County Bar Association: Finding a Lawyer

The email he gave me to sent money through PayPal was danielfrancisblackert@yahoo.com. Could that be his name?

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by annat6 View Post
    The email he gave me to sent money through PayPal was danielfrancisblackert@yahoo.com. Could that be his name?
    I do remember was that Daniel was the first name on the business card. So, yes, that is probably his full name. Here are three websites to start with:

http://pview.findlaw.com/view/4026985_1
    http://www.legalforce.com/directory/...b-410f298f8039
    http://www.alpc-law.com/attorneys.htm

This makes sense, since I vaguely remember that his was a personal injury practice. I also remember that he had only recently moved to L.A., which corresponds with him being admitted to the CA Bar in January 2008:

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/....aspx?x=255021
    Last edited by Astaroth; 22nd October 2009 at 07:37 PM.

SmellChaser
    Blog Entries

There is a law firm with a Daniel Blackert. See:

AromiErotici

I would contact that firm if it were me.

There is a law firm with a Daniel Blackert. See:

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I would contact that firm if it were me.

I sent an emai to Daniel at daniel@alpc-law.com but it came back undelivered - I thought may be it was my gmail account

but then I sent another email successfully at there general delivery box at info@alpc-law.com

looks like he doesn't work there any more

mystery deepens

Wardrobe

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I never bought and sold with him but I did receive a highly threatening and unpleasant series of messages from him. He appologised a day or two later when I suggested that it may be a good idea to let the moderators see the correspondence.

His interactions in that exchange seemed to me like those of somebody who was very unstable with an enourmous anger problem or somebody on heavy stimulant drugs of the kind people put up their nose.
    I let it go and took his appology, though I would never have trusted him after that.
    Yes indeed.....the plot thickens.

Would it be a good idea to write the firm explaining the situation and asking if he used to work there, what happened to him, etc?

Two things are clear to me:

1. He robbed us on purpose

2. A chronic thief doesn't build up 60 positive feedbacks over a couple of years, and then suddenly start screwing people. Something strange was up.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 22nd October 2009 at 09:05 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

TheAttorney posted 'his' picture with his wife in this Basenotes post. See post #423 in the Thread::

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...es+part&page=8
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

He did a swap with me which was misrepresented (the bottle had a lot less than he said) but since they were not expensive, I just told him it was okay. I assumed he wasn't really paying attention (and the bottle in question is dark blue). Recently, I've had 3 swappers just "disappear" after we agreed and exchanged addresses (2 here, 1 from MUA). Fortunately, because I have a lot more feedback, I didn't ship out before getting at least a valid DC#, which was never received. What's going on out there? LOL.

Banned
    Feedback 124 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    TheAttorney posted 'his' picture with his wife in this Basenotes post. See post #423 in the Thread::

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...es+part&page=8
    Oh there's heaps more where that came from:
    http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/q...ANCISBLACKERT/

Someone living stateside bite the bullet and call his firm, willya.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 29th October 2009 at 03:51 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

"Dodgers".. how apropos

You know, I try not to judge people by their posts, nor their photos... But I distinctively recall when I saw his photo he posted here, the word that came to mind was "weasel". I think it was the combination of his a) username b) posts, in that they had this sense of God was speaking through him and c) finally seeing his picture, especially with that tattoo, lol.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I have to put in my thoughts here. I have talked extensively and dealt with Danny Blackert, aka "the Attorney" numerous time as both seller and buyer. I received samples from him. I absolutely remember, he seemed uneducated to me. He used so much profanity, I think it was Stu who jumped into a thread or two at some point and told him to "cool it". I do not think he's an attorney, or if he is, he's a damn bad one. Probably just a "wanna be". My instinct tells me he scammed to get money, plain and simple,, the MO of time immemorial. Thank goodness I never got taken by him, and I always felt like he wanted our acquaintance substantially more than I. He probably wore out his welcome here, as thieves usually do, and thought about "getting even". Regardless of all else, his last dealings were highly unethical, immoral, and petty.
    He better be thankful I don't have the time to seek him out, it wouldn't be his best day, promise. I got ripped off at ebay once, when I first started there in geeez, like 1999 or so. The way I got my money back was by telling the puke that I had nothing better to do than jump in my truck, and come find him to "discuss" the 'issue' in person.
    My gut was/is right,,he's a POS. Just do whatever makes you feel better about what happened. It doesn't matter what happened to him. There was obviously a time for him to rectify or communicate, and he never did. His action doesn't garner sympathy. Believe me when I say,,he's the type of slug who lives in his own hell every day. Never liked him.
    I wish the best for all of you. I think we will all continue to make BN a place of beauty. I feel accepted here, and no POS will ever change that,,,NEVER !!
    PS,,OMG,,I JUST won a 100ml new Alexander Julian "Colours" EDT for a measly 26 bucks at flea-bay,,,how did THAT happen??
    Take care all.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Would it be a good idea to write the firm explaining the situation and asking if he used to work there, what happened to him, etc?
    Absolutely no company should divulge information of this nature without a subpoena. You can be certain a law office would not.

I feel sorry for those of you who lost money and are frustrated. However, let's keep to the facts.

1. We don't know what happened to him.
    2. We don't know his motives, had he any.
    3. The same item was sold to multiple buyers, with nobody receiving items paid for.

It is reasonable to conclude community rules were broken, and I believe banning the member was the appropriate action.

However, I am sensing a witch hunt brewing, a potentially dangerous path to follow. Posting research and personally identifiable information on a public message board may result in repercussions to Basenotes. Servers for Basenotes are located in the US. If I were TheAttorney I sure as heck wouldn't want all my private information posted in public, and as an attorney I would take steps necessary to have the information removed. Think about it.

Everyone chill out. Astaroth already said he would look for TheAttorney's business card, lets wait to see how that turns out.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 22nd October 2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: clarification

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    We don't know what happened to him.
    I think this is the most important thing to consider, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    Astaroth already said he would look for TheAttorney's business card, lets wait to see how that turns out.
    The information on the business card will probably just echo what has already been posted in this thread, so its inclusion will not fundamentally change the legal considerations. If anything, the website information is probably more current. I'm not sure how the personal information aspect of things works here. Daniel's status as an attorney is a matter of public record, since it needs to be. People need to be able to contact the California Bar Association to determine if someone is licensed to practice law in the state.

Now if someone wants to argue that his full legal name is not publicly associated with his BN username, I guess there could be a valid case for argument there. But the failed transactions were conducted with a real person, not a BN entity. There is a real person behind the PayPal account. If someone got cheated during a transaction, it would seem the proper thing to do would be to file a fraud report with L.A.P.D. (since the act of fraud presumably occurred here) and also with PayPal. That would keep it off BN, thereby protecting the site.

I wouldn't attempt to get into the game of vigilante justice here. There are tried-and-true avenues of redress here, and they should be followed. I also haven't completely given up on the idea that Dan is in some way "out of commission". But I've been known to be naive like that before ...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I think it is entirely appropriate for those who were defrauded to file a complaint with IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center)-- that is what it's there for:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

SmellChaser
    Blog Entries

Oh there's heaps more where that came from - its amazing what you can uncover with an email address or two:
    http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/q...ANCISBLACKERT/
    Looking at the dates on the most recent pictures here, they were posted this month.

So he seems to be going on with life "normally", irrespective of how he conducted himself here.

Looking at the dates on the most recent pictures here, they were posted this month.

So he seems to be going on with life "normally", irrespective of how he conducted himself here.
    Where do you see dates on the photos?

In that case it sounds like he was pissed at basenotes and stole the money for fun ... if we can find his workplace or home we should leave a message indicating that some of us are going to visit him after work, or at home to discuss what happened unless he returns all the money he stole.

I'll call if someone gives me the info, but someone local has to back me up.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

SmellChaser
    Blog Entries

Where do you see dates on the photos?

In that case it sounds like he was pissed at basenotes and stole the money for fun ... if we can find his workplace or home we should leave a message indicating that some of us are going to visit him after work, or at home to discuss what happened unless he returns all the money he stole.

I'll call if someone gives me the info, but someone local has to back me up.
    If you right click on a picture and then select properties, you will see that the recent batch were stored on 10/22/09. (BTW, thanks for the Montale comment - I never realized the caps unscrewed!)
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 23rd October 2009 at 01:00 AM.

scensitivity, the photos say 2009, but no other information is given that indicates they are from this month. None that I could see, anyway.

I emailed him about his Ambre Precieux, and he told me he had already sold one bottle, and was going to keep his backups. This tells me that he was not scamming, and that he may have had backups of other bottles.

So far the only "proof" of a problem is that he disappeared and that people did not receive the fragrances they paid for. Everything else is just guessing.

Morning Star

If you right click on a picture and then select properties, you will see that the recent batch were stored on 10/22/09.
    Could you be precise as to where you saw that date?
    I don't see any specific dates later than July 13, 2009.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 23rd October 2009 at 01:31 AM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

This situation is making me think of common sense measures that perhaps should be part of any transaction:

• The seller and buyer could exchange email addresses -- that way both would have the other's email address if it was needed later. They could then conclude the transaction off-Basenotes through their regular emails. That way if BN is off-line the trading partners can still contact each other; also, this would ensure that that the email addresses given were genuine.

• Since the seller must perforce have the buyer's address, it is only fair for the buyer to know the seller's address. Again this gives the buyer some recourse if the seller fails to ship.

The idea is greater transparency which would hopefully discourage scamming.

What do you think?

According to the images' exif data (you need a Firefox addon to see it), they were taken on

# Original Date/Time = 2009:10:17 10:25:48
    # Digitization Date/Time = 2009:10:17 10:25:48

so certainly it appears that he's very much alive and well and just had his "weekendfun" at the Tesoro Winery with his girlfriend.

I hope everyone manages to get their money back.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

If you right click on a picture and then select properties, you will see that the recent batch were stored on 10/22/09. (BTW, thanks for the Montale comment - I never realized the caps unscrewed!)

Clicking on and showing page #19 (Christmastime pics with Christmas trees) and right clicking to get properties also shows todays date 10/22/09. That doesn't seem to indicate anything but that the properties were shown (created) on today's date

Feedback 505 (100%)

I was given proof a few months ago that he had scammed another member. The process of getting people banned is not so easy. It is unfortunate that he continued his ripoffs. At this point I am going to lock this thread for now as there are some things being said that are a bit extreme.

Feedback 505 (100%)

Anyone know what this person's user name is?
    Layne Bolden

Hey everyone - stuigi reopened the thread so that I can update people on what's going on with paypal claims, and so we can share information to ensure that we each make the most accurate and well informed claims possible. Coordination is the best way to win.

Please refrain from any violent or overheated language or else the thread will get closed again!

Some good news, achanna just emailed me to say his claim was found in his favour, and he will be getting a full refund. He escalated his claim on october 25th, and was informed of the decision today. That means it looks good for the rest of us.

uli informed me that blackert's paypal email has been deactivated, so you should mention that in your letter to paypal if you haven't already escalated your dispute into a claim.

Everyone who got ripped off, please remember to leave negative feedback - there are at least ten of us who got ripped off, but only 5 have left feedback.

uli and I both got a message from TheAttorney on the paypal resolution forum today, stating that he sent the package and sent a tracking number to paypal. Therefore the good news is that he is still alive, and the bad news is that he is clearly lying.

I know that his statement can't be true in my case because I'm in Canada, and I paid 5$ for first class shipping which has no tracking or delivery confirmation. The cheapest service with delivery confirmation is $15 for Priority. Before opening a claim against him I wrote to him politely asking him to please just write me to tell me he sent out that package, and what date it was. I thought maybe if he'd sent it out late, my package wasn't late. I told him that if I got an email from him but didn't recieve anything, I'd treat it as a lost in the mail situation, and I wouldn't open a dispute because I didn't buy tracking. He never wrote back, never mind sending me any tracking info. I opened the dispute only after reading that others had been ripped off, bought the same item etc.

Anyhow, this morning, after getting his response on the paypal board, I escalated my dispute into a claim, and was asked by paypal to explain. I chose the "I have evidence which suggests that I was defrauded" option and wrote a message which I will paste below. You guys should use those arguments in your own messages, and add any others you can think of. Please post any ideas I didn't think of here, so others can include them in their messages.

Anyhow, below is my message to paypal. Good luck to everyone in getting their money back!

Hello - I now know that Mr. Blackert intentionally stole my money without sending me anything. He took money for the exact same partially full, used item to me as he did to several other people, and no one recieved anything from him.

I bought this item from Mr. Blackert on a website www.basenotes.net where his moniker was "TheAttorney". He carried out multiple false sales with multiple false items on september 22nd and then disappeared from the site. He has since been banned from that site.

There is a thread about scam artists on the site where there is a lengthy discussion about Mr. Blackert and the theft he pulled off. If you follow the thread to the end you will find Mr. Blackert's name and paypal address specifically mentioned, and you will find several members realizing that they bought the same item from him, while none of them received anything. http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ey#post1648119

His seller rating page is here: http://community.basenotes.net/itrader.php?u=23838

As further evidence of theft, Mr Blackert just posted on the paypal resolution center that he sent you a USPS tracking number to prove he sent the item. He could not have sent you the tracking number for the item I bought because I paid $5 for First Class shipping which does not have tracking. Delivery confirmation would have cost at least $15 for Priority and tracking would have cost at least $20 for Express.

If you want testimonials from other people who were ripped off by Mr. Blackert, I can provide them, and I can also put you in touch with the moderator on the site who banned him. Thanks, DB
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Just called PayPal telling them that several more people were scammed by the same person and asking them to reopen my claim. They didn't make any promises but it looks like they're aware of this fact.

Just called PayPal telling them that several more people were scammed by the same person and asking them to reopen my claim. They didn't make any promises but it looks like they're aware of this fact.
    Hey Annat - why was your claim closed? Did they decide against you, or did you close it for some reason?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread