Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Silly SA sayings

(O.K., so I was feeling alliterative.)

What are the some of the silly or wrong things you've heard from fragrance sales associates?

NB, this is not to slam all sales associates--some are lovely, knowledgeable, and helpful (like our dear Chaya). But some seem to have no idea what they're talking about or make things up as they go along.

Today, a Macy's SA was telling a customer that the reason she didn't have allergy problems with Guerlain frags is because Guerlain uses only natural ingredients. I'm pretty sure that while Guerlain has a higher percentage of naturals than others, they're not all natural.

Not to mention the Barney's SA who didn't want me to try Carnal Flower because she didn't like it. I actually had to insist that she let me spray it.

What are your favorites?
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Default Re: Silly SA sayings

At Sephora Sunday evening and I asked an SA if she could make me a small decant sample of Guerlain, Vetiver. "Wait, wait, sir what are you saying? What is a decant?" This is not that bad at all but was suprised she had not heard of a decant.

The silliest things SAs do is deny that a fragrance has a particular note. Last month I was trying a number of recent releases that I hadn't bothered to try before (I don't genearally like the recent releases from Lancôme, for example). One had a distinct patchouli basenote, and the SA insisted it didn't have patchouli because it wasn't on her card describing the notes! It's really sad that they don't have enough respect for their profession to at least train their noses to recognize the most prominant notes.

The silliest things I hear are when they deny a new fragrance has been released, even though it is on the corporate web site. The ones at Sephora near me are good at recovering from this one--they say "we only know if we'll have it when the inventory list is released at the beginning of the month".

One SA at Macy's kept describing every scent as "it's really FRESH" ~ drove me nuts enough to head for the nearest exit, going toward Carsons & Sephora's!!!

I hear more nonsense from SAs with cosmetics and skincare than I do with fragrances, but I do remember someone telling me that perfume is better for my skin than edt and edp because the alcohol in the edt and edp is too drying!

I was actively discouraged by more than one SA at Saks that I needn't bother smelling more than 3 fragrances since the nose scientifically cannot distinguish scents after smelling 3. You'd think that they would encourage more sniffing for a higher likeliness of buying one of those scents.

"You seem like an Eternity kind of person"
    "That D&G PH smells gourgeous on you"
    "I can't during work hours"
    "Are you getting maried?"

I had a chuckle when a well-meaning SA made an effort at describing Molecule 01. She was obviously straining to remember what she'd been told in her briefing, mumbling something about the "fragrance DNA" and "deconstruct" and "purity of ingredients". To help the poor thing along and in an effort to save her dignity I hinted about it being a single component, Iso... Iso... now what was it? She didn't catch on, though.

I can't tell you how many SA's have told me the fragrance they are selling has "all natural" ingredients. I also have had someone argue with me about the fragrance notes in the fragrance they were trying to sell me. I actually had a Chanel SA several years ago tell me there was no such Chanel fragrance as Bois des Iles and she had no idea WHAT I was talking about. The SA's we have in our department stores here do not seem to know squat about what they are selling, they just want to sell it to you not dialogue about it. It's so refreshing when you do run across and SA who is knowledgeable.

Some of these statements by SAs are scandalous! What's more, they appear to speak of bad training on the part of the companies that employ them -- which is pretty unforgiveable, really.

I think it's fair to say that SAs can exercise a whole lot of poetic license when trying to secure a sale. So I rarely pay much attention in this respect. However, one of the comments I really hate is when you are trying on a scent and expressing a tentative interest, and the SA gushes: 'Oh! This scent is so popular / selling so well! It's been flying off the shelves!'

For those (like me) who want to feel that their scent is an expression of their individuality, then this is all it takes for me to put down the bottle and walk away. Why on earth would I want to smell like a million other suckers?!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Not SAs, but perfume shop owners (!)

"You know, the name of the perfume is 1000 because there are 1000 different kinds of flowers in there" (Patou's 1000)

"No, we don't have 50 ml (1.7 oz) because the house philosophy is to produce only 100 ml (3.4 oz) bottles" (the house was Montale)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

In my life of playing roles, I get to do the both sides of the counter.

As a shopper I am annoyed at SAs not understanding my French or some descriptions like "resinous", "aldehydes", "patchouli", etc. and the general condescension (most of them do not know that my sort of modest/classic purse and my scarf are by Hermes either). Shiseido Zen is met with big round eyes. Always.

As an SA I am amuzed how "Givenchy" is pronounced by many a shopper -- I heard it all from "Ghee-VEN-cha" to "Da Vinci". Throw in variations on another "foreign" word "Ysatis" and you get he complete picture. Oh yeah, now that the high-spirited and elated word "euphoric" was pronounced so many times on TV (after the election!), some people are still having trouble with "Ee-thou-REAH".

Lets see, there's the woman who told me that Fleur du Male was an intentionally "bad joke" on Gaultier's behalf - only after she asked me about it and I said I hated it.

Then there was a lady who told me that by rubbing your wrists together, you can "reactivate" Mugler Cologne, and that this was the only fragrance designed to be able to do this.

You're basically guaranteed to get something ridiculous said to you if you go to Macy's! Those women would sell their souls to sell their bottles.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I was told by a Chanel SA in one of the London boutiques that I couldn't possibly have tried 31 rue Cambon, as it was only available in their stores. I said I had bought a decant on the Internet from a decant site. She said it must be fake. I said, no, the people who run these sites buy a big bottle of the stuff and "decant" it into smaller containers. Not possible, said the SA, as you couldn't get the perfume out of the bottle - it only comes out as a spray and it would be impossible for anyone to remove the nozzle.

Well, I thought to myself, ignorant of the actual procedure involved, either - like the best burglars - they have really good jemmies for flipping off nozzles, or they spray the stuff endlessly at a wall, wait till it trickles down and catch it in a vat at the bottom, like a rain butt. I don't know how they manage it, but manage it they do!

The SA said she would lodge a complaint with the Paris office about product "leaking" out of their carefully controlled retail environments, but I am not aware of any trade embargos having been instigated at this point.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Pronunciation: I don't mind if it's incorrect, but one SA was intentionally messing up a name and insisted she had created this "hybridized" pronunciation so average consumers could understand her (it may have been Heure Exquise, but I'm not sure). I took French for umpteen years, and while I've forgotten most of it, I'm still pretty darn fine at purring out the words when they're printed in front of me. So, I gave her a French pronunciation (throat-spitting my R to perfection) and then a simple American phonetic interpretation. She refused to accept the use of either and said something I couldn't understand at all except I recognized she was trilling her R better than singer Rita Moreno in West Side Story.

It's not so much what they say, as their firm belief that having a tub of somewhat rancid coffee beans thrust under my nose every couple of minutes is an essential part of the process. I may be new to smelling perfume, but I've been smelling food and drink for long enough to know when something's been hanging around far too long.
    Last edited by Ailuros; 7th November 2008 at 02:53 PM.

Yeah that whole business about burning out your nose after smelling a few fragrances is nonsense. The coffee beans do help and are refreshing IF they're fresh, but that is a rarity.

I regularly sit down with a box of 400 samples and just go to town opening and sniffing them. The only time I ever have a problem is if I've already got a stuffy nose to begin with.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Blog Entries

i remember my wife and me were once at Lord & Taylor's....she tried out Narciso For Women...when it first came out..

and the SA said: "you know you love it! let's get it!" while she grabbed the gift set.

my wife and i both laughed at her, gave her a weird look, and walked away. completely absurd and totally cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    ...and the SA said: "you know you love it! let's get it!" while she grabbed the gift set.
    OH man that is too awesome. I'm still laughing my ass off at this!

How....pathetic?

I can understand SAs having rather limited knowledge of scents and such when they work at the big department stores. I certainly do not expect that they have even a small percentage of the knowledge base that most BN'ers have here. They have many products to sell, and most of them are part-timers, who take on the job to make a little bit of extra cash -- and not for the love of fragrances.

What I don't understand is the SAs who work at the little boutique stores -- these people work solely on one product line and should know about the line they represent. I'm talking about the ones who think that they know their product well (when they obviously don't) and insist that you are in the wrong.

I'm talking about sayings such as:

"oh, Jicky doesn't come in parfum formulation, if it did, we would have it, we have everything in this store".

"I never heard of "XX" before, are you sure you're not thinking about something else?"

"No, don't try that one, it's designed for someone younger than you are. You don't fit the demographics for it. Try this one instead"

Yikes!
    Last edited by dimples; 7th November 2008 at 03:32 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Again, at Saks, I inquired about Lancome's Cuiron. Not only did they say they didn't have it, they assured me I was completely wrong and it didn't exist, leading me to their newest release. They looked at me like I was insane. There is a comical level of self-indignation of the SA's knowledge at this particular Saks.

I could get into the overt lying about being issued samples by the Bond representatives at this Saks too, but that could get ugly. One says they have something, the other says they are not issued any samples.

But I love the SA's at Barneys and ScentBar: It's like coming home. Although no one would admit to a cumin note in Lutens' Fleurs d'Oranger. I don't think I'm wrong about this, but I admitted defeat.

I so wish I could pronounce things in proper French. I always preface my poor pronunciation with "I'm going to butcher the pronunciation here, please excuse me, but do you have _____" Now I wish I took French in college instead of Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    I so wish I could pronounce things in proper French. I always preface my poor pronunciation with "I'm going to butcher the pronunciation here, please excuse me, but do you have _____" Now I wish I took French in college instead of Italian.
    Lushsoup, I say the exact same thing. Uncanny.

My pronunciation in French tends to be spot on, even if my general proficiency is appalling - but some fragrance names are just impossible. I'm looking at you, Rose Poivrée. >

Blog Entries

The Chanel rep at our only decent sized Dept store (Von Maur) looked me right in the eye when telling me about 'Les Exclusives' It's ok to fall in love with something new because..
    "Chanel has never discontinued anything!"

Some of these are hysterical--thanks for passing them along.

I agree that I don't hold department store employees up to a high standard, given the number of lines that are there. I wouldn't mind an "I'm not sure" from them--it's just when they assert nonsense like it's the truth that it catches my attention.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Lets see, there's the woman who told me that Fleur du Male was an intentionally "bad joke" on Gaultier's behalf - only after she asked me about it and I said I hated it.
    Well, if she was referring to Baudelaire's Fleurs du mal she was probably right!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

"It's clean and fresh....not strong....smells like You just got out of the shower."
    Gary

There is an SA at the Guerlain boutique at Bergdorf's who insists that she recommends based on customers' complexions!! The day that she accosted me, I was in a hurry, shrugged my shoulders, and asked for Liu.

At Macy's they always correct my pronounciation: "you mean eww de toilet?" .
    And whenever I ask about something they don't have, they try to convince me it does not exist. If I insist, they eventually concede that it might exist in my country-France! I sound (and probably look) foreign for sure, but definitely NOT French!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    And whenever I ask about something they don't have, they try to convince me it does not exist. If I insist, they eventually concede that it might exist in my country-France! I sound (and probably look) foreign for sure, but definitely NOT French!
    That is "eww" too funny!

I mostly dislike when SA's ask me what colognes I already own (most of them being niche or discontined or whatever) then pretend they know what they are... I have on occaision tested this by making things up!

Last weekend I asked what they had that was NEW, and she showed me Coco Mlle. I said, no, what is NEW? Finally when I got the message across that I wanted to smell recent releases, she passed me onto another SA.

I'm amazed that SAs here pronounce things correctly.

I don't get what's so hard though. I never took French class, but I pronounce things well because there are just a few simple rules. :P

I could probably write a few pages on this if I dug deep into past events, but the most recent one has been (in 2 stores):

Me: "Could I try some [insert fragrance name]?"

SA: "We don't have a tester for that"

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Last weekend I asked what they had that was NEW, and she showed me Coco Mlle. I said, no, what is NEW? Finally when I got the message across that I wanted to smell recent releases, she passed me onto another SA.

LMAO!! I love it when they tell you something is new.

SA...Oh this one just came out today.
    Me...Uh that came out months ago
    SA...That's impossible we just got this in today
    Me...You may have gotten it in today, but Neimans got it in months ago.

I could go on and on. I find the exchanges rather amusing at times. I'm no expert, but I am a BNer. So, I know a lil somethin somethin. It just kills me when they assume I don't
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I remember another one. At the Lancome counter I was asking about Sikkim. My mom used to treasure this perfume many, many years ago. I read that it was rereleased and I was trying to see what it's like. The SA-who otherwise was very sweet- kept telling me that she worked for Lancome for many, many years and this is not a Lancome perfume and I am mistaken. I kept saying that remember exactly the bottle and the smell, etc. And in the end she told me that what my mom used to have must have been a Lancome special edition for Easter Europe! 20-25 years ago in Eastern Europe when the comunist regime was at its worst, we used to have sooo many special edition perfumes, like you would not believe it!

Aside from the old "well it's ALL NATURAL so it costs a bit more!" line, all I ever hear is mispronunciations.
    I heard the worst ever the other day. "Would you like to try 'Hemporio Hermione' Diamonds?"
    WHO? Oh. Emporio Armani. Hypercorrection at its finest. Bristolians that aren't posh, and work in dept stores love to think that they are posh, and put a 'h' in front of any word that begins with a vowel, to show how posh they are. Gaultier's name is brutalised hundreds of times a day in the Westcountry. "Sean John KOLTieRRR" is my favourite so far.

Though I've had to correct my fellow SAs when they say "so and so is NEW" when it's not, it's just new to us.

I used to meet too many SA that have no idea about issued fragrances at all. That' s very sad, why do they work there? They don't contribute to the retailer' s prestige at all.

Today as I was lurking around the female counter to try som of the Poison variations, the SA came up to me and asked if I needed help, who I was buying to , etc... When I said I tried it for myself she said that "ten percent of the male population own a bottle of of original Poison". I raised my eyebrows and said "Are you sure, that can´t be true?" She stood quiet a while, then said "well, at least 8 percent of the males own it, but they won´t admit it".

Is she right?
    Last edited by pelle; 8th November 2008 at 03:17 PM.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    There is an SA at the Guerlain boutique at Bergdorf's who insists that she recommends based on customers' complexions!! The day that she accosted me, I was in a hurry, shrugged my shoulders, and asked for Liu.
    I KNOW! The same person has done this to me & my sister. They have never, ever selected a fragrance for either of us that we liked, let alone loved enough to purchase. "Accosted" is definitely the correct term here. Very superior attitude. Real turn off.

I had a SA tell me yesterday that edt was "a diluted version of the perfume because, you know, no one is making those strong heavy scents anymore. People don't buy them. Those oils years ago, they don't make them anymore. They don't sell."
    Guess he never heard of Amouage Homage Attar.

This guy was the owner of 5 Perfumania stores in a huge mall in northern NJ. Very "know it all" attitude. I serious thought about trying to reeducate him starting with Chanel but then I considered his attitude & walked away. My daughter was convinced he was selling fake Creeds & she didn't like him. I trust her judgement.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

When I go to Macy's, Von Maur, Younkers, or even Sephora, I'm often looking to try some very ordinary new releases -- last year's DKNY Delicious Night ("There's no such thing. Are you sure you're not thinking of [some other DKNY]?"), Ma Dame ("There's nothing by that name in the Gaultier line."), Alien Eau Luminescente (blank stares at the Mugler counter).

Do you think the SAs who make these "no such thing" comments ever feel sheepish when these fragrances show up on their counters a week later?
    Sniff and let sniff.

Morning Star

(1) "You shouldn't rub the fragrance. It bruises the molecules."
    (2) "We don't have it in anything smaller than the 2 gallon jug size."
    (3) "You should buy it now, since it might get discontinued by 4:00pm."
    (4) "It's an exclusive. It's only sold in this part of the store."
    (5) "God himself wears this fragrance ... and buys it here."

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    I mostly dislike when SA's ask me what colognes I already own (most of them being niche or discontined or whatever) then pretend they know what they are... I have on occaision tested this by making things up!

Smile Re: Silly SA sayings

I've had several tell me 'it's been discontinued' if they don't carry it. (And it's definitely not discontinued!)

I've had many SAs tell me they did not have any samples when I know they do! I can see the bulging drawers behind them! I even told one SA (after she told me they don't 'DO' samples), "(wide eyed me) but the Killian people said that you had samples..I wrote to them and their corporate headquarters identified your store as the place to get them!??" Then she said they had run out. sigh......

I had one guy practically chase me out of Saks yelling "Come back come back come back!" after I had sniffed the Annick Goutals and not purchased anything!

Aside: There's a SA at Barney's in SF who is just delightful. He spent a long time with my daughter and I and was very proud of the classess in fragrance he had taken, and he really seemed to LOVE what he does. His particular area of expertise was Frederic Malle fragrances. I would buy from him any day, and he gave us tons of Serge Lutens samples! PM me if you want his name for when you happen to be in SF!! We have pretty good fragrance shopping on or near Union Square what with Nieman's, Saks, Barneys, Ineke, Yosh etc..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    I love this, what a fun parlor game. This is equivalent to the new hairdresser who dis'es your previous hairdresser. Ie; "OMG! Who's been screwing up your hair!"

This really made me laugh!

Once an SA from Sephora came to me speaking in English, and the girl was so talkative that I could barely say something to let her know that I could speak Romanian! I had no idea that I looked like a foreigner...

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I love this, what a fun parlor game. This is equivalent to the new hairdresser who dis'es your previous hairdresser. Ie; "OMG! Who's been screwing up your hair!"
    Its only something Ive done when it was extremely obvious that they were lying and it was pissing me off.

One time I had the exact opposite response tho and it was an SA who admitted that she had never heard of alot of the stuff I was talking about and was really interested in what I wore. Really beautiful 40's-ish woman (I was like 22 I think). So anyways I ended up going behind the counter and showing her all sorts of websites on their computer from vintage bottles on ebay, to luckyscent, even basenotes. I showed her how to spot fake Creeds. It was funny this went on for like 30 mins! The other SA's were tripping! Some SA's are awesome. Shoulda got her number
    Last edited by smellyliquid; 8th November 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady M. View Post
    This really made me laugh!

Once an SA from Sephora came to me speaking in English, and the girl was so talkative that I could barely say something to let her know that I could speak Romanian! I had no idea that I looked like a foreigner...
    You should see when they ask you for autographs... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    You should see when they ask you for autographs... lol.
    That's a bit annoying at some point, I presume. However, I can't stand the ideas of making pictures with a "star". I've seen a girl in a famous clothing shop here meeting a singer and being absolutely desperate about taking a picture with him. I felt ashamed for her. I really can't understand that type of behaviour...maybe it's just me.

I agree - I couldn't give a damn less about celebrities. I feel like I'm the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I agree - I couldn't give a damn less about celebrities. I feel like I'm the only one.
    Ok, then, If I ever get to meet you, I'll make an exception and take a picture with you. lol

Today I went into the Dior boutique and I was asked by the SA if I wanted to see what they had on specials and clearance. I guess I must look like I cannot afford anything else in the store! I was speachless, I just looked at her for a second and walked away.

Arwen, I don't think it is so crazy. Even if I have enough money to buy expensive things, I like and ewnjoy bargains and even prefer them if they have anything what I would evtl. need. Personally, I wouldn't be against such approach. OK, everyone to its own.

My friend (a Mitsouko lover) went into our tiny local department store asking if they had any Guerlains (pronounced correctly). The SA immediately corrected her, saying snootily: "Oh, you mean Gurr-lanes", with the emphasis on the "lanes". "No, they are all really OLD - we don't carry stuff like that, but you might try Savers* in the high street, which often has cheap, remaindered and very old brands."

*= a very down market drugstore chain with perfumes in bargain bins by the checkout.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 10th November 2008 at 11:35 AM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I had an SA at Macy's tell me that I looked like I would like Tresor when in reality it is a scent that I have never liked on me. She insisted that I would love it. I made a quick exit.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    I've had many SAs tell me they did not have any samples when I know they do! I can see the bulging drawers behind them! I even told one SA (after she told me they don't 'DO' samples), "(wide eyed me) but the Killian people said that you had samples..I wrote to them and their corporate headquarters identified your store as the place to get them!??" Then she said they had run out. sigh......

I had one guy practically chase me out of Saks yelling "Come back come back come back!" after I had sniffed the Annick Goutals and not purchased anything!

Aside: There's a SA at Barney's in SF who is just delightful. He spent a long time with my daughter and I and was very proud of the classess in fragrance he had taken, and he really seemed to LOVE what he does. His particular area of expertise was Frederic Malle fragrances. I would buy from him any day, and he gave us tons of Serge Lutens samples! PM me if you want his name for when you happen to be in SF!! We have pretty good fragrance shopping on or near Union Square what with Nieman's, Saks, Barneys, Ineke, Yosh etc..

I think he was the person who helped me! I was there earlier this month and the gentleman at the Malle counter was great - polite, laid back, knowledgeable and left me alone when I needed it. I just wish he would have given me some SL samples but I really didn't know much about Luten at the time and that was probably why. I should have tested the Le Labo too.

The worst experience was the lady from the Guerlain counter at the SF NM.

I will surely go back Barney's as I've had nothing but good service from them but frankly, you'll never get me back into NM. Is there something like the Scentbar in SF where you can sniff a wide variety of niche scents?
    Looking for small decants
    * Frederic Malle En Passant, Parfum de Thérèse * Serge Lutens Bois Oriental, Borneo1834, Douce Amère, Gris Clair, Rousse, Santal de Mysore

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    One SA at Macy's kept describing every scent as "it's really FRESH" ~ drove me nuts enough to head for the nearest exit, going toward Carsons & Sephora's!!!
    I hear that all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady M. View Post
    That's a bit annoying at some point, I presume. However, I can't stand the ideas of making pictures with a "star". I've seen a girl in a famous clothing shop here meeting a singer and being absolutely desperate about taking a picture with him. I felt ashamed for her. I really can't understand that type of behaviour...maybe it's just me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see how y'all feel about this. However, Diva doesn't have to go out of her way or beg anybody for anything, I mean me being who I am and all....*giggle*. I loooooove music almost as much as I love perfume. I am not an autograph seeker though. I mean unless they are signing a check over to me, then I consider it worthless. I will however take a pic with my favorite musicians anytime they are willing. I love keeping my ticket stubs from the shows I've been to. It's just a plus when I can put a pic with it.

So, I feel you on the not giving a crap about most of the famous folks. I feel the same about most myself. I will say this though. I think those "famous folks" that feel bothered by their so-called fans should remember that if their fans weren't looking at them then they, the so-called famous person, wouldn't be where they are to begin with. Keep on thinking marketing, your talent (whatever it may be), your face, or a fat ass got you where you are today. Honey, if ain't nobody looking at or buying what you got to offer, then you will be just another face in the crowd waiting for the blue light to come on at Kmart. Please believe it.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Tell me you weren't talking about yourself in the 3rd person? Please.