Code of Conduct

Talking Why I Love Basenotes!

My last two bottle purchases were both blind buys. Both are fragrances about which people say "don't buy blind." But I'm tremendously happy with both. And it really is all thanks to Basenotes.

The two bottles are Yatagan and Encre Noir.

The most obvious way in which Basenotes is responsible is that I bought them (at very nice prices) from fellow Basenoters through the sales forum.

But the more important way in which Basenotes is responsible is that I was able to read enough about Yatagan and Encre Noir that I was pretty sure that I'd like them even though I hadn't had an opportunity to try either one of them before.

This site, its forums and reviews, are really an incredible resource. I know that we all know this. But it's worth devoting a post to it every once in a while!

Post Re: Why I Love Basenotes!

Let me count the ways...$205.00 here, $85.00 there............
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Default Re: Why I Love Basenotes!

I agree with everything you said. Basenotes is an invaluable resource for those interested in fragrance. More importantly, I feel completely comfortable here, it feels more like a second home rather than a forum.

Haven't tried Encre Noir yet but Yatagan is king. Forget Kouros!

Good choices my friend, and glad you are enjoying them!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

i'm gonna take help from the Attorney and bbBD to file a lawsuit against Grant. his site has F*cked up my savings each month. i hold this site responsible for a future possibility of bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Haven't tried Encre Noir yet but Yatagan is king. Forget Kouros!

Good choices my friend, and glad you are enjoying them!

Sculps..you have'nt tried Encre Noir!! give me 500 push ups right now buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i'm gonna take help from the Attorney and bbBD to file a lawsuit against Grant. his site has F*cked up my savings each month. i hold this site responsible for a future possibility of bankruptcy.
    He's not that kind of shark, I'll let you borrow mine, F. Lee Bailey, after I get through this Sephora incident

I've made purchases because I read about a certain fragrance here at Basenotes....I don't always agree with basenoters likes and dislikes.....and that's what I Love about Basenotes....We may not agree on all fragrances but we Love fragrance.....That's waht makes Basenotes so specail.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    He's not that kind of shark, I'll let you borrow mine, F. Lee Bailey, after I get through this Sephora incident
    i have a better Idea...why dont we have a bout between you and Grant? tht would give me some relief....i hope DustB is not around.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i have a better Idea...why dont we have a bout between you and Grant? tht would give me some relief....i hope DustB is not around.
    No can do, I hurt easily and don't suffer well.

sorry for the up but I'dd like to know who "won the contest" beetwen yatagan and encre noire