Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Chanel Allure Flanker is better in your view?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Channel Allure Homme

23 32.86%
  • Allure Homme Sport

16 22.86%
  • Allure Homme Edition Blanche

31 44.29%

Default Which is the best one: among Chanel Allure and its Flankers?

I recently tried Edition Blanche, having "Sport" and "Allure" already and though they have a clear family resemblance, one is IMHO clearly superior, what do you think?
    Last edited by afraafra; 8th November 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Default Re: Best Chanel Allure Flanker?

I`ve tried all of these & Edition Blanche is the best one so far. Very smooth, pleasant & authentic fragrance. Love the naturalness of citrus notes in the opening. The drydown is also good.
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Basenotes Plus

I prefer Edition Blanche but I think Allure Homme is nice too. I don't care much for the sport versions...
    I love cologne.

Can I ask what is Channel Allure Homme? Is this a knock off your talking about? or did you mean the original Allure Homme? If it is the original then it's not a flanker

Afraafra, maybe you can re-edit option 1 and make it the Allure Homme Sport Cologne flanker.

Of the 3 flankers to the original, I chose Allure Homme Sport.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 8th November 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Afraafra, maybe you can re-edit option 1 and make it the Allure Homme Sport Cologne flanker.

Of the 3 flankers to the original, I chose Allure Homme Sport.
    Editing poll options seems to be disabled once you post, but that is how it should have been..
    Edition Blanche is IMO great and some in a French review site compare it to Eau Sauvage, though it is a unique and very safe fragrance, everyone seems to like ir.

Default Re: Which is the best one: among Chanel Allure and its Flankers?

Blanche > all, including the original.

Blog Entries

Blanche is sparkling and a little fizzy, then it smooths out nice. The only other one I've worn was Sport. That one was a little thicker and had a bit more spice, it didn't liven up my day the way Blanche does.

Edition Blanche should have been released as a stand alone fragrance. It's really quite good. I do not care for the original or the sport.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 8th November 2008 at 07:08 PM.

I like Blanche but it lasts about 30 minutes (and it's a 'concentree'). It's not cool to say so, but I love Sport (not cologne sport, though).... something about that aldehydic neroli gets me.

I will go with Allure homme sport & Cologne sport

i went with the original allure homme, the baby that started it all off. edition blanche is surely great yet i just lvoe the original and have had many great experiences while wearing it. sport is nice aswell.

Blog Entries

I love the Cologne Sport, much different than the plain Sport. I've got to try the Blanche. I like the whole bunch to some degree, and that one seems to get the most raves.

I'm with Ruggles. Allure and Allure Homme need to practice some family planning - it's getting rather ridiculous. We need new blood in Chanelville, and I'm not talking Helium Égoïste, either!

Allure Sport is one of my favorite fragrances I've ever worn. Ladies absolutely love it.

Edition Blanche is my favorit. I wish, and hope this will be in their permanent assortment. I dont know when, but i`m sure i`m going to buy this one some day..Maby when the spring arrives, becouse this is a very fresh and luxurious scent. Absolute fantastic!
    I wish it would be a Blanche deo-stick, but maby it is possible to use the original Allure homme stick together with Blanche EDT?

Allure Homme Edition Blanche beats the pants off of the other ones to my nose and tastes. While the others aren't *bad* per se ... they certainly are not up to Chanel standards.

And HEB is the weaker of the bunch when comparing Antaeus, Egoiste, pM to it.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 9th November 2008 at 08:44 PM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

I just dont enjoy the scent of lemon or ginger in my cologne. Blanche uses them both :-/

I've tried each of those only once, but my favorite is Allure Homme followed closely by Edition Blanche. Didn't care for Sport.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Default Allure Homme. Original VS Edition Blanche

I have always liked Allure homme. It`s a lovely fresh, warm and sexy fragrance.. But i think the Edition Blanche version is the best! It`s more lighter, brighter and fresher than the original. Because this is a concentree-version, the longevity and sillage is fantastic!
    10 of 10 points from me!

Default Re: Allure Homme. Original VS Edition Blanche

I prefer the edition blanche version also, but don't get much longevity. I think I remember getting more longevity from the original.

I never liked the original all that much. However, I think this new version is far more impressive. Longevity is pretty good on me too.
    Renato

I sprayed this one on a paper and liked it. I don't spray on the skin unless it's something that I am deeply interested in buying. If only I knew where to get it new for a discount. Then again, Chanel products are really expensive so I don't know if I will ever have a bottle.

Stingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Stingy?
    Just a bit frugal. I already bought three fragrances in the last week and I don't know if I should be spending a lot more money. I want to have a small collection of fragrances that I wear often. I even want to get rid of a couple of fragrances in my collection. Unless I really like a fragrance then maybe I will drop the cash to get it but it has to be something that I really want in my collection. Retail prices just suck and I'm hesitant buying from online fragrance discounters.
    Last edited by Ronin; 16th November 2008 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Just a bit frugal. I already bought three fragrances in the last week and I don't know if I should be spending a lot more money. I want to have a small collection of fragrances that I wear often. Unless I really like a fragrance then maybe I will drop the cash to get it but it has to be something that I really want in my collection. Retail prices just suck and I'm hesitant buying from online fragrance discounters.
    Reasonable!

yeah i love them both but im gonna have to go with allure homme, its just so nice and sexy. people love it and when i go clubbing things go down, if you get my drift. i smelt edition blanche once on a card and it smelt great yet i will smell it on my skin on tuesday when im in selfridges!

i contacted a chanel representative via the phone and she said that edition blanche will be in production to at least july of 2009, and if it does well then it will become a permenant production. so reccomend this stuff to people who are unsure!

Blanche is good, but it is too... white, powdery, almost insipid.
    I prefer Sport Cologne. Downside: it is a cologne so you have to reapply constantly..
    Last edited by irish; 17th November 2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I think the Allure Homme Sport does a very good job as a casual scent. The original isn't bad, either.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I prefer Allure Homme Sport Cologne!