Code of Conduct

Default your wedding and other landmarks

I was just wondering what you wore when you got married, those of you who have been hitched. Why did you pick it and do you still wear it?

I wore Dolce e Gabbana for women, because it was what I used to wear when I met my hubby eight years earlier. It was the last of my last bottle. I never replaced it when it ran out later because it started to smell a bit funky on me and my sister in law had started to use it.

I don't know what he wore.

What about other landmarks - the interview for your job, 21st birthdays etc.

I know I would have worn Fendi for my 18th birthday but was ill with food poisoining on my 21st so wasn't too bothered about how I smelled.
    Last edited by scentedmemories; 8th November 2008 at 11:46 PM.

Default Re: your wedding and other landmarks

I wore Rochas Man, because it was a brand new release at the time ('99), and the semi-gourmand sweet qualities I felt befitting of the day.
    Wifey thought it was hot too.

I wore Attrape Coeur by Guerlain, from a large decant swapped with a lovely basenoter.
    The reasons are expressed below in some thoughts I shared with a friend:

Attrape Coeur is a very soft, warm and inviting fragrance. I feel very open and primally female when I wear it. For me, I can't wear it to work, because I feel too vulnerable to the bumps and bruises of "the world" but it is perfect for being in my husband's circle of love where I feel safe and able to express my love. There are soft peach notes in it like Mitsouko, but where I find Mitsouko to be angular and cerebral, Attrape Coeur is rounded and all heart. Texturally I experience it as cashmere or suede, soft with a bit of fuzziness to it.

Hubby wore Third Man by Caron, as he does nearly every day.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 8th November 2008 at 11:51 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I wore Caron Bellodgia for my wedding almost 25 years ago. It was ( still is) one of my favorite fragrances and my Husband has always loved it and to this day it is the ONLY fragrance he can pick out and specifically name when I have it on.

I wore White Shoulders and he wore Chanel Pour Monsieur. It was Aug. 22 1981 And it was hot that day, in the mid 90's. Glad the Wedding was at 6:00 pm. I'd show a pic if I knew how.

I have never been married, so I cannot contribute on that front. The rest of you smelled gorgeous for your special day, though! I cannot remember what I wore on other big days, funnily enough, but I do have a scent I tend to wear when I need good luck, or when I know an important event is coming up -- Murasaki. It has been in my scent wardrobe since the early 1980s and it has rarely failed me when called upon to bring me luck or success in general.

I had an outdoor wedding in Hawaii and wore Anais Anais. To this day I don't know why I chose that one, but it seemed perfect for that day.

My wedding day was in January (always easy to remember, there is an Independence Day on July 4th, and there is a Dependence Day exactly 6 months later!), I wore EL Pleasures because it mostly reflected my mood on that day: light, easy going, full of expectations. I do not wear it any longer, the bottle is long gone, need to retest (including its flankers!) one of these days.

Other landmarks have not been very numerous: no scent for job interview, something soothing for funerals, cold, aldehydic and mossy scents for miscellaneous occasions as I tend to sweat a lot under pressure.

Well, I'm not married yet, so can't tell you about that!
    But, for my first "serious" job interview I wore Chance by Chanel. That was at the beginning of my "fragrance obsession", so I didn't own too many. This was the lightest I had, and considering the fact that I really wanted the job and that I was very nervous, I couldn't have risked making those people believe that I used too much perfume. lol I know this was a mistake somehow, fortunatelly they didn't pay too much attention on this detalil.
    I'm still thinking what I'll wear for my birthday, which is due in 12 days.

1st marriage - Jontue (original - fantastic!) - 1983
    2nd marriage - Coco Mlle EdT - 2003

Laura Biagiotti's Roma for my wedding. Still have the empty bottle and even though I've been tempted to repurchase I think I'd prefer to remember it as being special to that particular time.

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008 View Post
    Laura Biagiotti's Roma for my wedding. Still have the empty bottle and even though I've been tempted to repurchase I think I'd prefer to remember it as being special to that particular time.
    Right, same here, that's the reason why I have not repurchased mine. Yet!

I wore Bulgari pour Femme. It makes me feel feminine and romantic and I thought it was perfect for the day. I have several bottles stocked up (just in case) and definitely plan to continue wearing it.

Basenotes Plus

For my wedding on March 13, 1982 I wore Private Collection. I first smelled it on a high school classmate and thought it the most unusual, elegant, beautiful thing ever. I still think it's beautiful but I've since discovered that it's mostly orientals and gourmands that suit me better. I do have a vintage mini which I keep on hand for sentimental reasons.

My husband wore Pierre Cardin pour Monsieur. Not too shabby choices for the 20 year olds we were.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I wore Summer by Kenzo for my wedding day and for the whole week before and after; it was great for a (partly outdoor) summer wedding For our 1 year anniversary this July, I got two large bottles as a present from my husband - one to use and one to save "so you can spray a little on future anniversaries too". I hope to keep it in my wardrobe for as long as they make the stuff.

Fresh by Sugar is my "USA" perfume. Quite a few years ago now, when I first went to New York for a work trip, I bought a bottle and wore it for the rest of the trip. Funny thing is, I didn't replace it when it ran out (even though Fresh is available in UK). This year in Chicago, I bought some again.. so this has become a bit of a scent-association now.

I have two perfumes that I quite like, but now can't fully enjoy any more because I wore them during a very stressful time in my life. That's the only thing I would say: don't wear anything you're not prepare to part with if you are having a tough time.

EL Private Collection for me ( in1988 ), too. It's my HG, so yes I still wear it, mostly for special occasions, and every anniversary...I'm never without a bottle. Not sure what DH wore, probably Paco Rabanne.

We're a funny sentimental lot, aren't we. It's clear how important fragrance is to our wellbeing and emotions, isn't it?

I stopped wearing my D&G because it started to feel a bit odd on me. It really upset me because I'd wanted to keep it for very special anniversaries. I'd finally consoled myself to just remembering it fondly when I found out my sister in law had begun using it. I felt rather betrayed - silly isn't it. It was like she was intruding on my memories.

We're a funny sentimental lot, aren't we. It's clear how important fragrance is to our wellbeing and emotions, isn't it?

I stopped wearing my D&G because it started to feel a bit odd on me. It really upset me because I'd wanted to keep it for very special anniversaries. I'd finally consoled myself to just remembering it fondly when I found out my sister in law had begun using it. I felt rather betrayed - silly isn't it. It was like she was intruding on my memories.

Has anyone stopped wearing one because they associated a frag with a poor relationship too?
    Last edited by scentedmemories; 10th November 2008 at 10:17 AM.

Me, unfortunately, because I loved it so - Hermes 24 Faubourg. Because of very sad times, I don't want to remind it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by scentedmemories View Post

Has anyone stopped wearing one because they associated a frag with a poor relationship too?
    I stopped wearing Be Delicious after being betrayed by a friend who had introduced me to that very fragrance. 'Course, good riddance, 'cause the stuff now gives me a splitting headache. Can't imagine how I tolerated it then.

I wore Laura by Laura Biagiotti. No particular reason, other than I did not have too many choices and
    I had shower gel, lotion and perfume for this one. And my name is Laura. I don't think it actually lasted until we got there.
    Lately, I've been wearing Nu to all the concerts except for the one two nights ago. I ran out of my decant but when I get home I will have a bottle.

[QUOTE=scentedmemories;
    Has anyone stopped wearing one because they associated a frag with a poor relationship too?[/QUOTE]

Some years ago I wore Eternity. I had an intense thing going on with a guy that ended badly. Smelling Eternity takes me back to those days and makes me feel ill, I swear. After the relationship ended I had to throw out all perfumes and even some clothes that reminded me of the guy and that whole period.

1st wedding: Angel
    Divorce: White Shoulders
    2nd wedding: NR for Her EDT

I wore Angel the day of my first wedding because it was my signature scent at the time, White Shouders to my divorce proceedings since it had been my recently deceased grandmother's and I wanted to feel like she was there with me, and NR to my second wedding because it was what I was wearing when I met the love of my life, my now DH.

I still wear all of them, off and on.
    “Auntie Mame [is] a froth of whipped cream and champagne and daydreams and Nuit de Noël perfume. She's not mortal at all.”- Patrick Dennis

I wore Diorissimo at my wedding in 1983.
    I picked it because it seemed appropriate and is also my Mum's favourite flower (Lily of the valley.)
    I haven't worn it a lot since then for some reason. Kids came along soon and I wasn't that into perfume for a few years,
    then when I did become a perfumista there were so many other scents to explore.
    I need to revisit it soon.
    Last edited by kewart; 10th November 2008 at 09:16 PM.

My wedding fragrance was Beautiful by Estee Lauder (married in July 1987). Before this I wore White Linen, and in the early 90's I regularly wore Nude by Bill Blass. In the 90's I was in love with Tresor by Lancome... I had no idea they were all created by the same perfumer (Sophia Grojsman) until 2006 - when I discovered Basenotes!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 11th November 2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I wore Laura Ashley No. 1, and am still disgruntled that it was discontinued. I have tried several versions of it, and they are good, but the original was better.

Or my memories of it are.

Basenotes Institution

For my first wedding I wore Mitsouko EDP in large amounts. For my second wedding- I wore 24 Faubourg ! I would never have felt dressed without my perfume.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I wore Fracas. I was a young bride (22), in June, in the South, married outside, and it was hottern' blazes and my dress was beaded silk. The good news is that I didn't pass out, the even better news is that my husband still recognizes that as our wedding fragrance and loves it every time I wear it. That man loves a gardenia!

I wore Creed Virgin Island Water when I became a citizen of the US, and I still love this fragrance to this day. It was a very nice day, and my friend was there to support me and he liked that fragrance too (he was wearing it from time to time as well!) and so this one fragrance always has some special feeling for me!

Both hub and I wore Chanel Égoïste. We still do, after 12 years...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I got married in October of 2006. We picked out scents especially for the occassion..well I did..she didn't like much else. At the time Burberry London was new. I wore it on my wedding day for the first time and on the 2 week Italian honeymoon to the Amalfi Coast, Tuscany(avatar) and Venice. Everytime I wear it to this day I get the felling of being in Italy and enjoying the wedding. It is wonderful and worked great for Fall.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th November 2008 at 02:01 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I wore Fracas. Just a dab.

Husband wore Isfarkand pour Homme.

I wore Sung. I felt lovely.

Wow, what a question ! I can't remember !

It's funny because I have souvenirs from other things and especially the magical atmosphere ... It was in December, snowing outside, I had red appels, pine cones and wild berries in my bouquet. Children played for hours on an old wooden floor nearby a beautiful Christmas tree. There were presents all around and a huge open fire in the middle of the room. I clearly have their little faces with big eyes and red cheeks in mind, fascinated by the dancing flames.

I guess I was wearing First but I'm not quite sure.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)